Specification: Signature/Avatar/Banner

Posted: 14 years ago

Hi Friends

It has come to our notice that many of us are using more than the allowed number of signatures and wallpapers in the siggybox.

I can understand cutting down the number of Signatures will mean less room to show our enthusiasm for our favorite shows but this slows down the loading of the pages. It's extremely frustrating!

Therefore I am putting up the final rules for signature, Avatar and Banner sizes for all of you. We request you all, please abide by the specification, this goes on to the Development Team members of India-Forums as well.😊

Signature

Width: 600px (MAXIMUM)
    Height: 400px (MAXIMUM)
    You can place a TOTAL of 3 signatures. Out of which 1 can be animated (small).
    3-4 Signatures stacked together will not be counted as 1.
  • Wallpapers should not be used as signatures.

Static Avatar

Width: 100px
  • Height: 100px

Animated Avatar

Width: 100px
    Height: 100px (MIN) and 250px (MAX)
  • Size: 300kb

Forum Banner

Width: 728px
  • Height: 90px

Most important reminder

You cannot alter siggy specifications,this is not just about the server but also page orientation.If you stretch it too long, we will face problems reading posts.

Signatures/Avatars/Banners are used to show our appreciation towards a show or an actor NOT to abuse another member or make fun of any actor. If anyone is seen using an inappropriate/vulgar signature then he/she will have to face severe consequences and we will be forced to edit your profile.

Members are asked to report if anyone is seen using signatures which are beyond the size limitations or excessive signatures.

If you want to have the following rules as a sticky in your respective sections so members are aware of it then please go ahead.

Feel free to state any confusion you have in this thread.πŸ˜ƒ

Thank You

IF Development Team

Edited by Ambrosia - 14 years ago
Hi Ananya thanks for the rules. I agree its frustrating as pages take a lot of time to load. So I have disabled that option only !! But thanks f or the specification !!! πŸ˜ƒ

Perfect post Ananya. Thank you so much for itπŸ€— it was badly needed

thank you...now it will download fast...😊
Thank u so much, Ananya i wanted to ask like my avtar is long but its non animated and wont make the page load slower or should i have to change it as well?
Originally posted by Sano88

Thank u so much, Ananya i wanted to ask like my avtar is long but its non animated and wont make the page load slower or should i have to change it as well?

Nope its okay.
Thx a lott ananya fr putting this up...much needed...

Can u tell if mine are fine
Avtaar toh apply hi nai hota
Hello Ananya..is mine ok..or will i have to do some changes..do tell me please..
Thanks for the post Ananya, it was defoo needed! πŸ€—