Raju Shrivastav v/s Vishal Dadlan

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
A humiliated Raju Shrivastav challenges Vishal Dadlani, who has called him 'some donkey', to prove who is more popular
By Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 30, 2009)

The jugalbandi has begun and needless to say, is not melodious to the ear. The war of words between comedian Raju Shrivastav and singer-musician Vishal Dadlani has taken a turn for the worst. Vishal has made a nasty comment about Raju on the social networking website Twitter and Raju is not taking kindly to this.

Raju  Shrivastav

Vishal Dadlani

Rewind to a recent award function where Vishal was performing on stage. And excited Raju, egged on by others, went up to the stage to do an impromptu jig to the song. Annoyed, Vishal ordered Raju off the stage and an embarrassed Raju retired to his seat, putting the incident behind him. But now, Vishal has mentioned on a website that 'some donkey tried to interrupt his performance' and that he had asked him to leave the stage immediately. He claims he does not know Raju and this has upset Raju.

An agitated Raju said, "I find this extremely shocking and humiliating. My daughter happened to read somewhere that Vishal has referred to me as a donkey. I want to say that even I don't know who Vishal is. He was singing 'Bachna ae haseeno', which is an RD Burman number and I worship RD. It was the love for the song that made me go up on stage to dance. I didn't know anyone up on the stage. I assumed them to be an orchestra group playing RD's songs. I had even forgotten about the incident when my daughter told me what Vishal has posted on a website. If he claims that he does not know me, then I challenge him to meet me on a public platform like Lalbaugcha Raja and find out who is more popular. I am a simple man from the industry and such name-calling by colleagues is unjust."

Vishal was unavailable for comment.

http://fenilandbollywood.wordpress.com/2009/08/31/raju-shrivastav-vs-vishal-dadlani/
It was an ugly incident. Vishal felt Raju had already done his act and by jumping on the stage was stealing his thunder. Their performance was bad anyway. These music directors nowadays try to sing and dance in a bid to make extra cash and make a mockery of themselves.
Originally posted by RainbowWarrior

Which award was this?

The Rajeev Gandhi awards this year. here's an article related to this incident.

vishal really need to check his husky voice
he is not even a average singer 🥱
shekhar (his  composer frnd) is a great singer & a humble man

u know guys vishal was thrown out of IIT(the best engineers we get of our country from IIT'S) ALL DUE to his rude behavious !!!! vishal was an IIT student but all due to his behaviour was thrown out of IIT !!!!

so what else u can expect from this vishal !!!🥱
Edited by sita11 - 14 years ago
I don't think he had the right to insult Raju this way.

Vishal is one of the worst performers. Always jumping for no reason at all. It's about singing dude not dancing not that he makes a great dancer anyway.
Vishal is a bigger star than Raju any day, so I would hope he did NOT challenge Vishal. But this all seems to be a misunderstanding. Vishal was upset because his performance was interrupted. Raju had his turn and he interfered in Vishal's performance. That's NOT done. Whatever the reason was, it wasn't right.
vishal really need to check his language
higly indecent language vishal has used
& all the performances of vishal r utter hilarious types,as he sings like a layman ,spreading the noise pollution & jumps on his toes like a teenage ,vishal was actually making a fun of RD BURMANS SONGS

it was really great that his disgusting performance was interrupted !!!!!