VideoMix

DOTW || how have your skills grown?

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Alright, so I thought I'd put in a new discussion point that I found interesting when I was thinking about it! If the mods want to trash this, go ahead? Or if you think it's alright, make it a sticky?

So to all you talented people, since you've begun VM making, even those of you who may have just recently begun, how do you feel your VM making skills have changed?

Some questions to spark off more discussion (I hope):
1. Do you see an improvement when comparing your first VM to your most recent one?
2. Do you aspire to be like any vidder you may know, or whose video you may have seen?
3. How do you think we can help you to further improve? How can you help each other further improve?

So go ahead, enjoy discussing this. Discuss tips, exchange idea, have fun!

Love,
Radz

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Anhdara13

So to all you talented people, since you've begun VM making, even those of you who may have just recently begun, how do you feel your VM making skills have changed?

I'm not talented, and I'm only taking part because you asked OH so nicely πŸ˜›

1. Do you see an improvement when comparing your first VM to your most recent one?

Sadly no, because my most recent one wasn't so good πŸ˜” but yeah the ones I've proud of have drastically improved since my first one 😳

2. Do you aspire to be like any vidder you may know, or whose video you may have seen?

Uhem yes? Every single person who has Vegas, then I downloaded the trial version and couldn't figure it out πŸ˜” So it made no difference, I still wanna try though somehow😳

3. How do you think we can help you to further improve? How can you help each other further improve?

Hmm maybe when someone makes a new video with a new technique, they can explain how they got a certain part of the video to work like that? 😳

Love,
Radz

Love the DOTW Aradhna! 😳
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^^ Why don't you redownload Vegas? I'll help you with it if you want? Plus Neeta's posted tutorials in the tutorial section! Those are really good tutorials, I used them when I started making VMs.

Love,
Radz

aish_punk thumbnail
hmm i just started out with vidding! =P
hmm neeta,nadz,and many more who might not be here.
hmm by giving tips to each other and definately sharing tutorials.

nice dotw :)

-ialwayswill- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Alright, so I thought I'd put in a new discussion point that I found interesting when I was thinking about it! If the mods want to trash this, go ahead? Or if you think it's alright, make it a sticky?

So to all you talented people, since you've begun VM making, even those of you who may have just recently begun, how do you feel your VM making skills have changed? - well ya i have been vidding over 1 n half yrs now lol...deinitely i have found more nicer ways n effects to make my vid beautifull...exp gets   out the best inu...thoug i want to use vegas...its troubling me..so i better use wmmπŸ˜†

1. Do you see an improvement when comparing your first VM to your most recent one? - ya...but u knw wat i liked my first vm verymuch...its relli close to my heart lol...though the effects i used werent nede...but i was crazy wid effects that time lolπŸ˜†
2. Do you aspire to be like any vidder you may know, or whose video you may have seen?  - yaaaaa....for sure there r soooo many...i wish to have vegas ....(silly not getting installed arghhh) ..........well to be particular i love mari di's creations...n then tani n javz ...they all r brilliant wid scenes n effect perfect combo....god i wish i have vegas lolπŸ˜†

well the tutorial over here r brilliant...n alos u can improve a lot when u keep seeing others creations...some times it inspires u too....hopin to help each otherπŸ˜‰

Love,
Radz

thanks a lot radz..great DOTWπŸ‘  loved answering thank you
vaishu aka vaishnavi
😳
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

So to all you talented people, since you've begun VM making, even those of you who may have just recently begun, how do you feel your VM making skills have changed? Alot! I used to be a lame vidder, it's not even an exaggeration. I used to suck  πŸ˜†, but over the time, I think I've improved alot. Vegas was a little difficult to understand initially but once it gets to you, then you really cant get enough of that awesome software. I've learnt alot of things about vegas recently, and hope to incorporate them in my new video :)

1. Do you see an improvement when comparing your first VM to your most recent one? Totally! My first VM was trash πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

2. Do you aspire to be like any vidder you may know, or whose video you may have seen? Yeah, I'd love to be like 'snarkyways', 'lorbaby88 & a few others from YT. They're all terrific vidders. All kinds of awesomeoness ⭐️

3. How do you think we can help you to further improve? How can you help each other further improve? By accepting my 'Video of the week' idea πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† (jk!) 

Love,
Radz

Awesome DOTW Radz! ⭐️ πŸ˜ƒ
khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks Radz!..

Yea very much. I did my first with movie maker..well it wasn't bad for a starter...πŸ˜† but now huge difference coz of Vegas..πŸ˜† (Meera, same with me.. I had deleted Vegas when i downloaded the first time...πŸ˜†) and I guess i got better with matching the lyrics and scenes... use to put random ones before..now its like..it has to match the lyrics...πŸ˜†

Yea, anyone who have seen or will see her VMs will just be speechless. She's an awesum VM maker.. there are a lot of others who are good but there's just sumthin abt her vms that i like.. esp her song choices. And its coz of her i got to know abt Vegas.. i guess she was the one who started with Vegas (i think)..she's kimmu aka kiran.. i duno if she still make vm's though... i miss her vm's...

Hmm.. more and more tutorials i guess?.. like of each techniques and effects.. it wud be tiring i know...πŸ˜†

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

No not much !! I am dissappointed with myself !! πŸ˜”

Ofcourse yeah !!!  I wish i could make VMs like Neeta. Just awesome VMs'

I myself downloaded Sony Vegas and thanks to neeta she even told me certain thing which i want to learn since ages !!! lol. I mean if we have such helpful members here then VM making would definitely become a much more smoother process !!! πŸ˜ƒ

Sweet_Kandy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks Radz😊!
editd*

big tym!!.alot alotπŸ˜›...I made lots of improvement..first I used to put what eva scenes with lyrics, and didn't used to cute d scenes properly, and usd to make it on WMM....but now without going with lyrics, and w/out vegas...I just cnt move ahead in the vm. πŸ˜ƒ
yes yes I do..I would say all my Deshain friends such as (againπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†) Khushi, Nans, you Radz, and list goes on....who have always inspired me with their vms.
and also those who have always encouraged me to make more vms..πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—
for further improve would say, we need more tutorials on different makers.

-Sammy
Edited by Sweet_Kandy - 14 years ago
nandini27 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

It changes according to our confidence level. If we plan and we think we can do it then we surely can irrespective of how gud the output is...we do get the minimum satisfation that 'yes....i've done some work on it'...

Yess in terms of effects...but its always the same wen it cums to scenes in synch wid the lyrics. I always m confident abt tht one thing, my scenes shud match the lyrics. The song shud be that suitable.
Inspire?!! Not really....but then i love their work in some vms. I dont inspire coz i know i can also do it if i hav the practice and if i put tht effort.
Any kind of discussion and mainly the song selection and lyrics matter the most. So if thats done, rest of the improving can b done wid easy convos and tipsπŸ˜ƒ