•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Recently, I came across an old interview given by Suresh Wadkar. I feel that some of the observations made by him are very relevant. However on one point, I do not agree with him. Regarding child prodigy, Shreya and Sunidhi in my view will come in the category of child prodigy.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080310/jsp/entertainment/story_9002622.jsp

Here are a few points made by him

1. The parents get more desperate than the kids. They start basking in their sudden stardom.

2. Channels will keep doing these shows. A lifestyle will emerge of ex-reality show winners trying to carve out a future(This is exactly what is happening today, though I must admit that to an extent I enjoy these shows)

3. For two years, they will be up nights overstraining their voices for stage shows. The damage that happens to their voices woh iss janam mein to theek nahin hoga.

4.The old songs are musically heavier. It is when you sing those songs can one make out kaun kitne paani mein hai.(Even I have felt it that way. e.g. in this contest just consider who have tried old songs and how much justice they have done. Many singers thrive on impact rather than musicality)

5. Root of it all lies in the growing habit of "seeing songs" rather than hearing them. "Every song has to be turned into a dance sequence. Even devotional songs are no more about emotions. Humko suntey waqt naachna aa gaya hai. No wonder DJs have more work than actors!

😆

"One day, folks will dance even in funeral processions. Murda bhi uchhalne koodne lagega,"

🤣Edited by diamond444 - 14 years ago
^^^^^^^^  Tooo good....👏  Thanks for sharing

🤣  He is right on spot 🤣
I agree with all his points....esp the last one...😆...
In his long career, says Wadkar, he has seen only two child prodigies ' Lata Mangeshkar and Sonu Nigam. "Lataji in my eyes is Ma Saraswati incarnated. As for Sonu, he has been singing on stage with his father since the age of four. And he is the best today. Where is the guarantee these kids will shine like him?"

awwwwwww....so true! 😃
I agree that he seems to have forgotten Shreya though....but awesome points especially the blue 😆🤣

If the future is uncertain, what is certain is the way normalcy exits their lives. Viewers can make out the difference — fashionable clothes, the hair styling
et al. But the judges see much more. "Of this lot, I'd say Anamika has remained the simplest. But generally, the attitude of the children changes. And once they are out of the shows, they start missing the limelight. Unless they can quickly find another platform, it becomes difficult for them to descend to the ground reality. Then, depression sets in," observes Wadkar.

hmm....interesting point!
Edited by Deewani91 - 14 years ago
Originally posted by Deewani91

In his long career, says Wadkar, he has seen only two child prodigies ' Lata Mangeshkar and Sonu Nigam. "Lataji in my eyes is Ma Saraswati incarnated. As for Sonu, he has been singing on stage with his father since the age of four. And he is the best today. Where is the guarantee these kids will shine like him?"

awwwwwww....so true! 😃
I agree that he seems to have forgotten Shreya though....but awesome points especially the blue 😆🤣

If the future is uncertain, what is certain is the way normalcy exits their lives. Viewers can make out the difference ' fashionable clothes, the hair styling
et al. But the judges see much more. "Of this lot, I'd say Anamika has remained the simplest. But generally, the attitude of the children changes. And once they are out of the shows, they start missing the limelight. Unless they can quickly find another platform, it becomes difficult for them to descend to the ground reality. Then, depression sets in," observes Wadkar.

hmm....interesting point!

One up for Deewani9😆

Sadly a young ghazal prodigy died very young as the greedy parents kept asking him to perform, in singing ghazals late night they never get any rest.
Originally posted by Summer3

One up for Deewani9😆

Sadly a young ghazal prodigy died very young as the greedy parents kept asking him to perform, in singing ghazals late night they never get any rest.

wow  can't believe some parents....did that really happen Summerji? If those people have more kids, then they shud be taken away from such monsters who can't draw the line...let kids be kids...
Originally posted by desicrowd

wow  can't believe some parents....did that really happen Summerji? If those people have more kids, then they shud be taken away from such monsters who can't draw the line...let kids be kids...
Child was a prodigy of less than 12 years old. cud be 10. Will dig out the vid.😭