VideoMix

Post all VM Tutorials HERE

-Nadii- thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hey guyss

First of all Welcome to VM section... I hope u all will keep the rules and only post the VM's here..
For all those who dont know how to make VM's, a tutorial.. I was searching on Google and bumped into this, showed up at the topπŸ‘πŸ‘  Good work by IF, this tutorial is NOT made by me but a member on IF Sallufanno1, all credits goes to the member...

---------------------------------------------

Page 1

• Add titles and credits (WMM) posted by Nadii but made by Sallufanno1
  • Add effects to photos when making a non-slideshow type vid (WMM) Nadii
  • General tutorial (WMM) Nadii
  • Conversion of video format Neetz
  • Sony Vegas Tutorials Neetz

Page 2 '

• Get started with Movie Maker ishan.k
  • Creating and sharing great movies (WMM) ishan.k
  • Movie Maker Video Editing Tutorial ishan.k
  • Some important links to starters (Movie making for Mac) Shak
  • FAQs on Windows Movie Maker + Troubleshooting Tips Shak
  • Saving a movie (more FAQs) Shak
  • Importing (more FAQs) Shak
  • Troubleshooting Movie Maker 2.1 Shak

Page 3 '

• Question & answer

Add titles and credits

You can use the same techniques that movies and TV shows do to begin and end their films. By using the title and credits feature in Windows Movie Maker, you can easily create an interesting title sequence at the beginning of your movie and provide a list of credits at the end. You can also place titles in between scenes of the movie.

Opening titles introduce your movie to your audience and provide background information about what they're about to watch. For example, a good opening title might be, "Little Star Production" or " A Film By Nausheenfan" You can show a title on a blank background or over your first clip.

Credits at the end of your movie provide a more satisfying ending while telling the viewer who was in the movie. This is also a great place to thank the people who helped you make the movie. You can show credits on a blank background or over your last clip. In Movie Maker, credits are considered a special type of title that can comprise many lines.

You can also use titles throughout your movie to introduce scenes or describe what is happening on screen. For example, "Ruhaan hugging Simran". Or you can use titles to introduce people. For example, the first time each of your family members appears on screen, you might display a title over the video that shows their name.

To add a title screen before your movie

, and add clips from your collection to your storyboard.

If you want to add a title before, after, or on top of a clip, click the clip on the storyboard or timeline.

In the Movie Tasks pane, under Edit Movie, click Make titles or credits.

Movie Tasks pane with Make titles or credits selected

Choose the type of title you want to add.

Movie Maker Where do you want to add a title page with Add title on the selected clip selected

Click Change the title animation. Notice that you can choose between one-line titles, two-line titles, and credits, which can be many lines. You can use credits any time you need to display more than two lines of text, not just at the end of your video.

Movie Maker Enter Text For Title page with Change the title animation selected

On the Choose the Title Animation page, browse through the different animations and watch them in the Preview Monitor to get an idea of what they'll look like. When you find the animation you want to use, click Change the text font and color.

Movie Maker Choose the Title Animation page with Change the text font and color selected

On the Select Title Font and Color page, choose the color and font you want to use. If you're adding the title over a clip, use a dark font color for bright scenes and a light font color for dark scenes. Then click Edit the title text.

Movie Maker Select Title Font and Color page with Edit the title text selected

On the Enter Text for Title page, enter your text. Then click Done to add the title to your movie.

Movie Maker Enter Text for Title page with Done selected

If prompted to switch to the timeline view, click OK.

Movie Maker dialog box with OK selected

In the Preview Monitor, click the Play button to see how your title will look in your video.

If you want to change your title (for example, to cha

nge the color of the text to make it more readable), right-click the title on the Title Overlay row of the timeline, and then click Edit Title on the shortcut menu.

Title shortcut menu with Edit Title selected

Remember, you can add titles any time you want the viewer to know what you're showing or who someone on the screen is.

now here comes the example .. of making videomix!

hope it helped u guys a little bit..

and 2nd..

hete is a link provided by microsoft.com

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/create/d efault.mspx

Edited by Ambrosia - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nadii- thumbnail
Q: How Can I use some sort of free software to able me Create a Video using photos and playing an mp3 over it, But I would like to add effects to the photos, I don't want a power point slide show. Could somebody please give me some advice or link to the software that enables me to create a short video with special effects.

A:

You can do this in Windows Movie Maker.

You will need a cheap Mic,and Wecam or video Recorder.

In WMM you can click the button that says: "Capture From Video Device" and you're webcam will come on automatically.

And it will show in real time on screen as you record you're self.

Then remember to click on the Mic icon on the same page that says:"Narrate Timeline" and it will record you're Singing or talking voice.

You could always record you're self on you're Webcam,..than save it to you're PC Import it to WMM then edit and upload it to YuoTube,..this way you can put some beginning and end titles on it if you want to.

Here's how you upload it to the Web:

To Upload to YouTube it needs to be in WMV.

Finish editing Movie in "Windows Media Maker"/"Realplayer"/ etc etc

Click: File

"Save Movie File"

My Computer

Next

Give it a File Name (Save in Video Folder)

Other Settings

Click Video for Broadband( 512 kbps)

Next

Saves Movie

Click Play Movies Box(Optional!)

Finish! ;)
-Nadii- thumbnail
You can download this very easily and for free by clicking here: , then clicking on the blue "download now" button.

Once you've downloaded Windows Movie Maker to your computer, just follow the instructions for installation and you'll be ready to start making your Movies!

Section I: The Main Screen

This is the layout from WMM. The author put letter for explanation

Photobucket

A) Capture Video
This section of the program allows you to get everything you want so you can edit, including pictures, music, and of course video.

-Capture from video device- This is the first button you click if you're recording from a capture card or other capturing device you may have. That process will be explained later.

-Import video- This is used for browsing through your computer for video files that you would like to use to edit. By default, you start in your "My Videos" folder.

-Import pictures- This is used for browsing for pictures that you like to insert into your movie. By default, you start in your "My Pictures" folder.

-Import audio or music- This is used for browsing for audio files in your computer - whether they be songs or otherwise that you would like to use. By default, you start in your "My Music" folder.

B) Edit Movie
This section allows you to add titles, effects, and transitions to your movie and individual clips. I won't go effects and transitions, but later I'll show you how to do titles.

C) Finish Movie
In this area, you can render your movie with ease. That'll be covered later.

D) Collections
Here is your main area. It's kind of like a databank, where all of your imported files appear. This is also where your captured video appears when you finish capturing. Often times, video files that are in this area automatically cut themselves up into clips. I'll explain how to solve this later on.

Audio and picture files, however, stay intact, and can be easily moved into place.

E) The Video Screen
This screen is where you get a preview of your edited video so far. Down in the lower left are the basic Play, Pause, Stop, and Frame Forward/Backward buttons. The Frame buttons allow you to advance or back a single frame in the video.

F) Split Button
This tool is a very valuable asset to the experienced editor. As you edit videos, you will notice a blue bar over where you are paused or where in the video you are playing. It will pass over your video, audio, and titles. When paused, if you click the Split Button, whatever is selected be that a video, audio, or title, only one can be selected at a time that clip will split into two parts. This is especially useful for trimming the beginning and ends of clips in which often nothing is happening (right before or when you say "action" if you're filming actors).

G) Screenshot Button
This button takes a screenshot of whatever is on the screen at the time you click the button. You can save it to your computer, and then the screenshot will also show up in your Collections for using in the film if you wish. Here's an example of a screenshot:
Photobucket
The famed gangster Elite seen here rapping.

H) Video Track
Here is where your video is inserted into the timeline. Once it has been inserted by right clicking or dragging, you can manipulate it in several ways that will be explained later on. A video clip can be in the Video Track or in Collections and be cut with the Split Button.

I) Audio Track
This is where your audio and music clips are inserted into your movie. Once here, you can right click on them to adjust their volume settings. They can also be split with the Split Button.

J) Title Track
Here, all of the titles you create are added. Later on, you'll see how to edit them in several ways.

Other important buttons include the normal Save, Open, and New File options. However, for editing purposes, some useful buttons can be found to the top left of the Timeline area. They include Audio Balance, Views, and Zoom.

-Audio Balance- You can usually do this manually, however this feature allows you to adjust the balance between the sound from the video, and the audio or music. It's best to leave the video volume at normal level, so instead you can just right click on an audio clip to adjust its volume.

-Views- The Timeline view is the only view for which this tutorial is intended and the only view for which WMM is excellent in editing. The Storyline view is the other option.

-Zoom- Use this option for fine tune editing, such as titles and audio. Sometimes, when you want to Split at a certain frame, you have to use zoom to get smaller frames.

Section II: Capturing Video

I'm assuming most of the people who are going to see this are video game moviemakers. Throughout Section II, capturing will be explained by picture references. By clicking 'Capture from video device', you will get the following box. Below the picture are references to the key parts of the first step.

Photobucket

A) As you can see, I have a Dazzle 90 capture card. In this area, all of the available capturing devices are displayed. Make sure you choose your capture card or desired video device. Other devices may include a camcorder or a webcam if they are connected to your computer.

B) For maximum audio quality and volume, always have the Input Level setting to its highest level. Always make sure you test your audio input device; you can see if it's working by looking at the meter next to the slide button. You can test it before filming by simply turning on your Xbox or blowing into a microphone; whatever you're capturing.

C) The audio device is where your audio will be captured from. For me, it's my capture card. Others might include your computer microphone.

D) If you select your audio device, it should automatically choose an audio input source. To make sure the source is the right one, look at the audio input meter on the left, and see if its level corresponds with the volume of whatever you're capturing, such as what your Xbox is showing on the TV.

E) Video input source decides what cables it's getting video from. If you have an S-video cable set up to where you're capturing from, you want S-video to be selected. Composite is the default video input source.

Once you are done, click Next, and you will be taken to this second screen.

Photobucket

F) By default, the file name for the video you are about to capture is untitled. However, if you have a project open, the file name may name itself after the project title. It may also automatically name itself after the folder that you save it in.

G) This is where you choose a location (folder) to save your captured video file. You can choose almost any folder that is on your computer, but by default it saves to your 'My Videos' folder.

H) By browsing, you can find any folder on your computer to store your captured video file, or create a new one if it's a new project.

After you've determined what your video file name will be and where it will be saved, click next to go the following third step.

Photobucket

I) At the highest setting for playback, one minute of video is a total of 14MB, or 14 megabytes. That's a lot! Don't worry, I'll tell you later had to compress your video. This setting is the default, and I would also recommend it unless you don't think your computer is fit enough to handle large video sizes.

J) In the Other Settings drop down list, there are numerous options for file sizes and what they are fit for. Take a look and change your video settings only if you're sure you know what you need.

K) This area tells you how your video settings are affecting your video. Because I'm at a high setting, each second of video will be 2.1MB, and the video will be recorded in the standard WMV format, which is recommended. It also gives me the best viewing size and FPS..

L) This is a short summary telling you how big each minute of video will be, and how much space you have on your computer. If your harddrive has less than 20GB, you might want to record at a lower setting.

Finally, the last step can be found below. It is advisable to only get to this step when you are ready, as keeping this step open for a long time could cause the program to freeze.

Photobucket

M) These two buttons are the Start and Stop Capture buttons. Once you are ready, you click the Start Capture button to begin recording video to your computer. Once you are done, click Stop Capture, and it will stop recording.

N) This tells you how long you have captured, and how big the video file will be if you decide to finish. It is recommended that you only record one clip of video at a time, or around 14MB.

O) These are options not normally used, but are there if you want to use them. Create clips when wizard finishes means the program will cut your video file into separate clips when you are done filming. This usually gets a little hectic when you try to edit. Muting your speakers is simply for if you are recording from a computer microphone or other computer device, because your speakers may produce sound while you're recording and may be uninvitely recorded. Capture time limit will cause your recording to stop at a preset time if you select it.

P) This is a small video screen where you will see a preview if you are recording video.

Q) The Finish button is for when you are done filming a movie file. Once again, this is recommended after you have one minute of filming in a video file. Click finish, and you will be able to immediately edit that clip if you wish.

Section III: Basic Editing

Throughout this section, I'll take you through the editing process. I'll explain the basic process, and hopefully you'll be able to expand your abilities as you edit
more.

Selecting and Dragging

To get your movie going, you need media within your timeline. The best method of doing this is selecting and dragging. To do this, select a media piece in the Collections area that you want to add to the Timeline. While holding down the mouse button, move the mouse cursor to the spot on the Timeline that you want that clip to be placed, and release the mouse.

On the video track, everything automatically shifts to the left. On the audio and title tracks, however, you can move around clips. To do this, select the media and drag it left or right along the track, and release when you have it where you want it. Below is a beginner's course on editing.

Let's say we just filmed this clip that is sitting in Collections:

Photobucket

Adding to the Timeline

Now, I'm going to pretend this is the beginning of a movie. To edit it nicely, I should first have the clip in the timeline. You can simply right click and add it, or you can drag the clip into the timeline. Now I have this:

Photobucket

Splitting

I want the action to be going as the movie starts, instead of the scene standing still. This happened because I started recording a little bit before the action started. I've placed the Seek Bar (Blue bar) where I want to start the film, and by using the Split Button, I can now cut the whole clip into two. There is a little clip in the beginning that I don't want, and now the rest of the big clip. I've zoomed in to more accurately edit and use the Split Button:

Photobucket

Now, I'm simply going to right click on the small clip to delete it. Now, I'm going to let the movie play to where I want it to stop. There, I will simply use the Split Button again to separate the two pieces of film.

Photobucket

Fading

To make the beginning of the film look nice, I will right click on the first clip and click Fade In. This will cause a black fading transition at the beginning of the clip. If I wanted to, the Fade Out transition can also be used for a black fade transition at the end of the clip. Fading is good to use between scenes. If you use Fade Out on a clip that is not the last in the movie, make sure the next clip has Fade In. Note the blue star on the clip:

Photobucket

Getting Rid of Unwanted Clips/Footage

Okay, so I've got the first clip done. Now I can move on to the second. I cut the large clip because my character died, so I want to stop just before that to get maximum footage. I've cut where I wanted to, so now I'm going to play the movie, then pause and use the Split Button where I want to start again. Imagine it like a piece of tape. It's like cutting off pieces and throwing them away. There is now a useless piece in the middle, and I can use the Delete feature to get rid of it:

Photobucket

Melting

There's a neat effect that looks good in almost any movie, and it's known as melting clips. Pretend two clips are right next to each other. If the two clips are melted, clip 2 starts before clip 1 ends. In the video track, they look like they are overlapping. At the end of clip 1, it starts to fade out at the same time that clip 2 fades in, causing the viewer to see both clips at once for a short time.

To do this, simply grab the second clip that is going to be used in the melting effect. Then, drag the cursor with the second clip over the first clip, (the clip before it). An angled blue line will appear. The farther you drag, the longer the effect will occur, and the narrower the line will appear. The best melting effect is second to 1 second.

The vertical red line is even with where the first clip ends. If you look at the tip of the blue line, you'll see where the second clip starts. The horizontal red line indicates a length of about 1 second for the transition/effect to take place. This is what it looks like when you're dragging it:

Photobucket

Finished Video Editing

Now, I'll edit the rest of the video using splitting, deleting, fading, and melting. Make sure you save often! This is the result (zoomed out now so the whole movie is seen:

Photobucket

Okay, the video editing is complete! In the future, you'll unlock the secrets of Window Movie Maker's more interesting effects and editing methods. You just have to explore and try out new things for yourself, and you'll get the hang of it. To add any of some dazzling and great video effects, right click on a clip and select 'Video Effects'. Effects go from slow motion, to film aging, to black and white!

For more transitions, click 'View video transitions' on the left side of the program to choose from several dozen different and awesome transitions.

However, just the video doesn't make a good movie. Adding titles and audio is essential!

Adding effects with Windows Movie Maker

Once you have your clips in the sequence you want, you can start adding effects and transitions. In order to do this, you must be in "storyboard" mode. To make sure you're in this mode, look near the bottom left of your screen and you'll see this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1) In the "Movie Tasks" column on the left hand side of your screen, under Edit Movie, click on the blue "View video effects" link.

2) This will now show a wide choice of effects in the middle pane. Some examples of effects are Blur, Brighten, Darken, Fade In, Fade Out, different types of zooms and even a Hue effect.

Tip: You can preview any effect you'd like by clicking on the effect and then pressing the "play" button on the preview player.

3) Click on the effect you'd like and "drag and drop" your selected effect onto the clip you want it to appear on. Your video clip will now have the effect added to it.

– Repeat the steps above for each video clip you'd like to apply an effect to.

Adding transitions with Windows Movie Maker
1) In the "Movie Tasks" column on the left hand side of your screen, under Edit Movie, click on the blue "View video transitions" link.

2) This will now show a wide choice of transitions in the middle pane. Some examples of transitions include bars, a heart, circles, checkerboard, dissolve, fade, flip (my personal favorite), mirror, grayscale, sepia, slow down (half speed), or speed up (double speed - fun for driving videos)

Tip: You can preview any transition you'd like by clicking on the transition and then clicking the "play" button on the preview player.

3) Click on the transition you'd like and "drag and drop" it between the two clips you'd like to transition. You now have successfully added a transition between two clips.

– Repeat the steps above for each transition you'd like to apply between video clips.

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: rumela711926

plzzzzzzzzzz help

my videos that i have downloaded is not entering d movie maker...
and i have donloaded d video in Mp4 bt d music that i have in mp3 is entering
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help what can i do now plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?????

Hi, The videos need to be in '.wmv' format which is the 'Windows Media video' format. If your videos are in 'Mp4' format, then you will have to convert them into 'wmv', here is the link to a converter that you can download:

Hope this helps πŸ˜ƒ
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Hey Nadia, Thanks alot :) I'm going to edit my post from the helpdesk and post it here :D
-Nadii- thumbnail
Hey Neetz its ok I will get them moved..
U-No-Poo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Nadii-

Hey Neetz its ok I will get them moved..

Alright πŸ˜ƒ
U-No-Poo thumbnail

l Sony Vegas Tutorials l Updated*

This is a nice tutorial that I came across recently, it explains the basics of Sony Vegas very well. Once you get hold of the basic features, the usage of the more complex ones comes to you easily 😊
*You need flash player to play the first 11:

[These are videos]

*Please note that all the tutorials are with respect to Sony Vegas 7.

If there are other problems that you encounter while using Sony Vegas (Any version), feel free to PM me. I'll try my best to help you out πŸ˜ƒ

Will update as soon as I find more tutorials :)
Edited by -Neetz- - 14 years ago
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Get started with Windows Movie Maker

Ready to start making movies with your computer? Find out the basics of what you need to have and know.

The basics

Videos: See what you can do with Windows Movie Maker

Watch how others created, edited, and shared their home moviesβ€”and learn how you can do it yourself.

What you need to make movies with Windows XP and Movie MakerWhat you need to make movies with Windows XP and Movie Maker

Before you get started, you need the right equipment. See what you need to create your movie masterpieces.

Connect your camera to your computer

The first step to creating a movie is connecting your camera to your computer. Here's how to do it.

Now that your camera's connected to your PC, find out how to download your movies so you can start transforming them.

Next stop: Hollywood!

Once you've downloaded your video, see Create great movies to learn how to turn your video into a masterpiece.

Make your first movie

Video: See how to make your first movie

Watch the video, and then follow the steps to do it yourself. There are even handy instructions that you can print.

Let Windows Movie Maker create a movie for you

Don't have time to edit every scene? AutoMovie in Movie Maker will analyze your video and automatically make a movie for you.

Create and trim video clips

Change the clips that are automatically created when you import video to your computer.

Work with your collections

You've shot hours of footage and maybe even edited a few movies. Now learn how to organize your collections and clips.

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Creating and sharing great movies

You have the inspiration. Now you just need the know-how to bring your visions to life. See how easy it can be to create, edit, and add special effects to your movies using Windows Movie Maker.

Add professional touches

Video: Use special features to polish your video

See how you can use titles, effects, and transitions to make your movie look the way you want.

Add transitions and special effects

Make your movies more polished with special effects and professional-looking transitions between scenes.

Add titles and credits

What's your movie called, and who helped you create it? Add titles, credits, and text to your movies to let the world know.

Add music

Set the mood for your movie by giving it a soundtrack. It's easy to add songs, mood music, and any other audio.

Add narration

Use your own words and voice to describe the scenes in your movie. Voice-over is effective and simple to add.

Save and share your movies

Video: See how to save your movie in different formats

Set the mood for your movie by giving it a soundtrack. It's easy to add songs, mood music, and any other audio.

Save your movie

Learn how to save your movies for yourself, your family, and your friends, in formats that everyone can access. Save your movie:

*   To your computer
*   To a CD
*   To a DVD
*   For the Web
*   For e-mail