•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago

On September 25th, 2006 thousands of people tuned in to Zee TV to watch the very first episode of a show called Ghar ki Lakshmi' Betiyaan. It managed to touch the hearts of many, with a story of four discarded daughters. Slowly, but steadily, it made its way to the number one spot on television. The names of the betiyaan were soon household names, and GKLB continued on to complete almost 3 years.

Sure, the show had its ups and downs' the endless bhashans, the annoying acts of the betiyaan, and much more had us pulling our hair out. But through it all, the many viewers stuck with the show till the end. The unrealistic twists and turns got it many nicknames, including "Planet Betiyaan".

We all have many memories attached to this forum. With the many contests and games, we managed to stick with the show till the end. And now, on August 27th 2009' Betiyaan has finally come to an end.

In this post, the Development Team would like to give a big thank you to all the members who participated in the many contests, discussed in the topics, and posted written/video updates for us. We can never thank you enough.

Please feel free to post your memories from this forum or from the show here! Hopefully we'll see some of you in other forums as well.

I was surprised when Kru asked me to join the forum and I whole heartedly accepted even though track was not going well. I enjoyed working with kru then later Neela and Padma joined us which was even merrier. I liked the discussion especially arguing with Madhu and .
. Intially I enjoyed the show but too much of kajri pavitra bored me soon. But I still was somewhat  forced to watch with my huby. I enjoyed karan laxmi track, I also liked Nik Jhan track . It was fun being with all of you and loved your participation. I wish show would have continued bit longer. But I guess every old thing has to come to end to give a way to new thing.
Thanks to Kru for making most of this post. enjoyed working with you all.
Thanks once again.
Plz do share all your wonderful memories regardng show, forum, members, actors and all.😊

Betiyaan Development Team

Edited by ramas - 14 years ago

Awww... I'm rly gonna miss my times in this forum!! Especially since the whole time, I've always worked with such a great and cooperative team.

I still remember when this show had just begun, with the whole Saras-Bhav initial track. I think that was one of the most moving tracks on television at the moment. GKLB rly did start a lot of firsts, esp with the whole theme of 'betiyaan'. It was a risk, since at the time u had to be a perfect bahu to make it to the top spot. And after betiyaan started, other shows started coming out with daughter-related themes.

No matter how crazy this show turned towards the ends, I'm def going to miss it.
Thanks for this didi - I loved Karan & Lakshmi...the old Lakshmi, their on-screen chemistry was really good & they looked great together, I lost interest in this once they changed Lakshmi & then killed off Karan...
Thanks for this didi! I really liked the Karan & old Lakshmi on-screen chemistry. I lost interest in the show after they changed Lakshmi & also killed off Karan....

Sorry, silly computer - double post...
Edited by h&rblock - 14 years ago
I only started watching this after Gauri and Akash got married in hopes that she would get a makeover. My most memorable moments happened in this forum, not the show---especially when we discussed post-marriage Gauri. LOL
I loved GKLB in the beginning.........It started going a bit down hill for me with the Kajri/Pavitra track. But the highlight for me was Suryakant repenting and realising how he neglectied Sav and his daughters for Menka and Yuvraaj. The beginning of the Janvi and Akash track brought some life back but the village and Pitaji track killed it again.Edited by Ofelia - 14 years ago
I loved the beginning of this show..
Specially the track between Karen and old Lakshmi.
They were very suitable to each other..
I loved the beginning of this show..
Specially the track between Karen and old Lakshmi.
They were very suitable to each other..