>>sonu sweety Article Archive<<

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago

Post your sonu sweety Articles here

All articles should be posted in here, that way when your looking for a article it will be easier to find

So go ahead and post all the articles here 😊

Love & Regards,
zaara019

Edited by zaara019 - 14 years ago

Juhi Parmar, Shweta Kwatra, Kavita Kaushik, Varun Badola and Jaspal Bhatti all together… sounds too good to be true? Not really as SAB, India's only family comedy entertainment channel is set to bring all of them together from 3rd of August every Monday to Thursday 10 PM.

Here's the line-up–

Thank You Jijaji- Jaspal Bhatti India's ace funny man plays Jijaji in Thank You Jijaji. His brother-in-law is a senior IAS officer and Bhatti is quick to always exploit that connection. This premise becomes the plot for a hilarious series on family relationships and government machinery.

Sonu Sweety- "Can't live with you, Can't live without" is the theme of Sonu Sweety, a rib-tickling light-hearted husband-wife comedy starring Shweta Kwatra and Varun Badola.

Yeh Chanda Kanoon Hai- India's first courtroom comedy with television's most loved actress Juhi Parmar as Chanda Rani along with Tiku Talsania and Asif Sheikh. The series is a mix of drama, relationship and humour to keep the audiences engaged throughout. It's hilarious to see cupid hitting arrows in all the wrong directions, in an apparently serious courtroom set-up. Yeh Chanda Kanoon Hai has tons of laughter and drama 'encased' together.

FIR- Kavita Kaushik as Chandramukhi Chautala. A very attractive Haryanvi lady Sub-inspector, who believes in solving cases in her quirky and unique manner. Chautala's 'struggle' with her good-for-nothing colleagues to solve cases forms the very crux of F.I.R.

Commenting on this, Anooj Kapoor, Business Head, SAB stated, "With these new shows SAB will have some of the biggest names in comedy on Indian Television. We are committed to give our audiences different flavours and genres of comedies with every new launch and are happy with the way they are appreciating our efforts."

Varun comes after a break

Seeing him participate in so many reality shows one has almost forgotten that Varun Badola is a serious actor too, and a good actor at that.
Varun Badola and Raageshwari Sachdev

Well, after a real long time, Varun is now back in a telly show. He will be seen in a weekly show Sonu te Sweety. This was earlier aired on DD. Of course, one can hardly blame Varun for not being too visible on TV. That's how the telly industry anyway is currently — a bevy of newcomers have raided the scene and the old-timers have taken a backseat.

But hopefully, the scenario will change soon. Varun himself doesn't seem alarmed by the telly scenario. In a recent interview of his he said, "This is a cycle. Yesterday it was me, today it's someone else. Though, if you've done good work then your audience will never turn their back on you. I'd like to believe that I've done good work. Besides, when you've achieved most of your needs in life, you don't really crave for more."
Shweta Kwatra who gave nightmares to the protagonists in soaps sometime back is now all set to tickle your funny bone.

She was last seen as shrewd and heartless Pallavi in 'Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii' but in "Sonu Sweety' she's donned an altogether different avatar. "It's a comedy series that revolves around a Punjabi couple. I am playing the wife Sweety who is very Karolbaug types. She is cute but nave, even then she speaks with lot of conviction. Sweety's husband will be in embarrassing situation all the time because of her," she briefs about the show.

But will her comic timing click with the audience who loved to hate her? "I have done a comic play long time back. This is my first comedy series but I am sure people will like it," she assures.

After Dayaben and Maniben, SAB TV is introducing Sweety from Punjab. It seems that country bumpkins have effectively struck a chord with audience.

- Deepa Mishra/ Sampurn Media

The Laughter Queens.........Article
It's time for the men to move over because the ladies are taking over the business of comedy, says Sushmita Biswas
Shweta Kawatra shot to fame in a negative role, but she's remarkably at ease in the light-hearted comedy Sonu Sweety; (below) Smriti Irani has been raising laughs in her new show Maniben.com, a serial based on on a middle-class woman who moves from Gujarat to Mumbai

Who says women don't have a sense of humour? Take a look at television actress Smriti Irani who's been raising laughs with her new show Maniben.com on SAB TV. Irani has come a long way from her days as the queen of the tear-jerking, saas-bahu soaps to her new incarnation as a lady who raises laughs. Says Irani: "It was something exciting and different."

Maniben.com is a serial based on a Gujarati play about a middle-class woman who moves from Gujarat to the posh Malabar Hills in Mumbai. Says Irani, who also played the lead character in the stage version: "My character Maniben is not loud but evokes laughter based on her actions and reactions to events."

Or, look at actress Shweta Kawatra who seems remarkably at ease doing a comic role in her latest serial Sonu Sweety on SAB TV. The show is a light-hearted comedy, which revolves around a couple, Sonu and Sweety, and their relationship post-marriage.

Kawatra, who shot into limelight by playing the negative character Pallavi in Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii, (Star Plus) reckons that the move to comedy has been a challenging one. "I have always tried to do something different. So if I could make a mark by playing a negative character, why not try something equally interesting by doing com-edy? More importantly, I didn't want to get stereotyped by just doing serious stuff. It's a way of honing my skills in the comedy genre."

There's also Ashita Dhawan who's giving TV watchers comic relief in the serial Ladies Special on Sony TV where she plays the effervescent Babli Chhadha. Dhawan, who also plays a negative character Malti with a comic touch in Bidaai (Star Plus), says: "There's no reason why women should not try comedy roles. But the script has to be strong enough to justify the character and it shouldn't be mere caricature."

Though comedies have always been around, it's only now that women are coming to the fore as laughter queens. So along with their male counterparts, you have actresses who are entertaining viewers with their witty one-liners, funny expressions and joke-a-minute acts.

Veteran actress Tabassum is judging Hasne Hasane Ka Tonic Ladies Special, a competition for stand-up women comedians; (right) Ashita Dhawan is giving TV watchers comic relief in the serial Ladies Special as the effervescent Babli Chhadha

The channels too are pushing women-oriented comedy shows in a bid to grab TRPs. SAB TV, which has positioned itself as a niche comedy channel, has a sprinkling of comedy shows with women protagonists.

Says Anooj Kapoor, business head, SAB TV: "Our focus is primarily on women as central pivots for family comedies. Their success and fan base is proof that female comedy actors definitely have a future on Indian television."

So what makes for a funny female comedian? Says Savita Bhatti, wife of well-known comedian Jaspal Bhatti: "Unfortunately, women comedians never had respectability in India. But all that's changing now as channels are also providing a platform for women to take up comedy roles to entertain viewers." Currently, she is imitating real life and playing Jaspal Bhatti's wife in the serial Thank You Jijaji on SAB TV.

However, almost everybody agrees that comedy is a difficult art and requires more than just funny one-liners. Veteran actress Tabassum, who's judging a stand-up comedy show for women on Zee TV called Hasne Hasane Ka Tonic Ladies Special, says, "It's heartening to see women taking up comedy and perfecting in it. Unfortunately, women are only portrayed as docile girls or obedient daughters-in-law in saas-bahu soaps. It's high time we hone their humorous side and bring out the best in them."

Lawyers aren't usually funny people but Juhi Parmar has been raising laughs as Chanda in Yeh Chanda Kanoon Hai, a courtroom comedy

How do women comedians go about the humour game? According to Irani, female comedians should not be too aggressive in their body language. She says: "I don't want to believe that women are genetically incapable of being funny. A good script and perfect timing are all it takes to make the punches effective."

Meanwhile, actress Juhi Parmar, who's playing Chanda in Yeh Chanda Kanoon Hai ' a courtroom comedy on SAB TV ' feels that comedy comes naturally to her. Parmar who played the iconic bahu in Kumkum on Star Plus a few years back was desperate for a change in image. "Since I am known to have an inherent witty side, I was keen to try comic roles," she says. Before doing this serial, Parmar was adjudged the winner of stand-up comedy show Comedy Circus 2 (Sony) along with co-actor Vijay Pawar.

So are they willing to do more comedies in future? While Parmar is looking forward to doing more comedy shows in future, Dhawan is at ease essaying light-hearted roles. And like Kawatra says: "The market for female-oriented comedy shows is gradually opening up."

It only needs to be seen whether female comedians can continue to tickle people's funny bones and grab eyeballs.  

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090830/jsp/graphiti/story_11425254.jsp