Ganesh Leela :: Daily Discussion Corner - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago
Thanks avinash, vibhisana, satvik and everyone.I am learning a lot from here, seems old time has return when we had such great informative discussions😃. I would like to write about different forms of vishnu and the different abode. First the Universe in which we are living is known as material word. It is subdivided into different parts called lokas (whats its english word?). this earth in which we are living is known as Bhoo-lok. Below that, there are lower planes of existence, which we call the hellish planets, or Narak. and above there are 7 lokas which we usualy called swarga, but avove swarga there are more. The Top to bottom arrangement is as follows:-
Satya
Tap
Jan
Mahar
Swarg
Bhuvar
Bhu
Atal
Vital
Sutal
Rasaatal
Talaatal
Mahaatal
Paataal
These all together make one universe. But like this universe there are many universe. and each universe has its own brahma, vishnu, mahesh. This we can also called matterial world and above material world there is spiritual world.Each universe float in a relatively small space in the unlimited spiritual sky. Each universe is shaped like an egg, the shell being made up of seven elemental layers, each ten times thicker than the previous one, beginning from the innermost.
Each universe contains millions of planets, situated within fourteen systems( as described previously), with earth in the middle region. The planets above the earth are realms of heavenly pleasure and are reached by souls who properly execute their religious duties as human beings on earth. The lower planets are places of darkness and are the destination of materialistic persons who reject the guidance of revealed scriptures.I will write more about spiritual world and other form of vishnu tomorrow.

Thanks Akhl, Rajnish, sattvik for posting all the information.

Khalrika ji, your doubts always leads to more learning and research.

Thanks to all of you.

I need time to read it all but will surely read it and put forth my views too.
Its ok, that was really interesting Rajnish!

Also, yesterday's episode showed why in Ganesh Pujas, you don't use Tulsi leaves, because he cursed her to stay away from him as when he was in Dhyan, she came like an Apsara to distract him, he got distracted and cursed her to become a tree, she asked for forgiveness, so Ganesh pronounced that Tulsi will be the highest tree but he should be kept away from Tulsi.
Wow, today's episode was really good.

They showed how Ganesh is an Adarsh Putra, as when he was set a challenge with Kartikey, to travel the whole world, whoever comes back first will be the first to get married, Kartikey set out on a trip and Ganesh did Puja of his parents and did Pradakshina 7 times of his parents.

One thing I really liked is when he said that doing your parent's Puja and Pradakshina is like going around the whole world (Bhu Mandal) and leaving your parents and going on a Teerth Yatra is equal to being a murderer of your parents! And this is all written in the Shastras.
Hey guys, every1 has supplied with awesome info and resources...Vibhs as usual is always great with the info!!! Thanx so much....Rajnish & akhl thanx so much also for sharing!!!!  Also thanx satvik for the different info u provided with the different Loks and wut not...i went thru some of it, and will go thru rest later!!!

Here are a few of my questions that i wanted to ask & i hope some1 can answer them!!!

1) Lord Ganesh is prayed with MahaLaxmi, y?  The reason i ask this is b/c Laxmi ma is the consort of Lord Vishnu so i thought that they will be prayed together!!!!! 

2) I have some pictures around the house that have Lord Ganesh with his two consorts (I'm assuming they are his consorts...if not, please correct me)......Riddhi & Siddhi!!! Whom do Lord Ganesh's consorts represents?  I once thought that it was Laxmi-ma and Saraswati-ma pictured with him...but some1 told me it was Riddhi Siddhi (wives of Lord Ganesh).....but based on todays epi thats wut i'm trying to figure out did Lord Ganesh get married <<<it feels so odd to say the word married 😕 !!!!!

3) What is the reason behind Ganesh Visarajan (i'm sorry if i misspelled it)? I was asking around, but no1 seems to be able to give me an answer y we do the Ganesh Visarajan!!!!

Please please guys some1 reply....i'm so anxious and curious to know these few questions that have been floating aroun in my head for a while!!!

And Rajnish bro....i completely agree with u on how nice it is to see every1 here with sharing questions and info!!!! The best part is.....KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!
1) Laxmi is worshipped for wealth and prosperity. We find many obstacles when we want wealth and prosperity. Therefore lord Ganesh is prayed together with goddess Laxmi to ward off all obstacles. You may ask why not worship first Ganesh and then worship only Laxmi. The reason is that, in order to make sure that we get wealth and prosperity irrespective of any obstacles, some mantras have been devised which invoke both Ganesh and Laxmi. Therefore they are worshipped together.
Of course, Laxmi and Vishnu are also worshipped together. 

2) It depends on the picture. Some pictures have Ganesh, Laxmi, Saraswati. Laxmi and Saraswati are not Ganesh's consorts. But some people want both wealth and knowledge and we may get obstacles while trying to get any of these. Therefore Ganesh, Laxmi, Saraswati are worshipped together. And some pictures have Ganesh with his consorts Riddhi and Siddhi too. (some stories say Siddhi and Buddhi). 
Riddhi represents material success and Siddhi represents spiritual success.

3) Not only Ganesh but the visarjan is done for the idols of all the gods and goddesses provided you do not want to keep the idol for future worship
Edited by akhl - 14 years ago
Yeah, Ganesh got married to Riddhi And Siddhi or Siddhi and Buddhi, depends on who you listen to really! But Riddhi and Siddhi aren't meant to be Lakshmi and Saraswati....

About Visarjan, this is what it says from Hindu Blog:

The symbolic meaning of Ganesh Chaturthi festival is that Lord Ganesha comes and stays among us. The immersion symbolizes his return from the earth after removing the obstacles and unhappiness of his devotees.

Also, I thought that Lakshmi = Wealth and Ganesh = Luck/problem-solver, I guess they go hand in hand, many people have money problems..... I too have a picture of Lakshmi with Ganesh and Saraswati!

Does anybody know what a Kinnari is? And what Chiranjeevi means?

It was really weird seeing Mahadev with a crown on!

Didn't like the Vishvaroop actor, he doesn't fit mythological serials!

I was wondering what happened to Kartikey and why he wasn't at the Lagna.

Lastly, I always thought Ganesh's sons were Shubh and Labh not Kshem and Labh....
Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago
Thanx Avinash and Satvik for the info....it was def helpful in understanding my queries!!!
@akhl: ONe more question, i didnt know that they did visarjan for all gods, deities and wut not...i thought it was only Ganesh...what other gods/dieties do they do the visarjan for ?

They do visarjan for the idol of any god/goddess. Take example of goddess Durga who is worshipped during Durga puja.