Thank you
Regards,
Lovely

Posted: 14 years ago
Pallavi wants a ghar-jamai...

india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1233952

Edited by sweetytweetypoo - 14 years ago

Basera: An emotional tale of four families that explores the fragile bonds that tie parents and their children. This new show starts on Monday, August 17. Watch the show from Monday to Friday at 9pm on NDTV Imagine.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=683

Family first for Priya Bhatija Shah...

Priya Bhatija, who got married at a very young age to actor Jatin Shah, talks about how important it is to see the ...

NDTV Imagine and Sagar Arts come together again with another new show called Basera. This show is defined as an emotion filled tale that explores the relationship between parents and children and the bonds that tie them together. Basera is the journey of four friends who have dedicated their life to nurturing  and catering to every need of their children. But their lives take a turbulent turn because of their very own children, whose priority in life lie elsewhere. Commenting on Basera, Prem Sagar of Sagar Arts said, "Today again we are coming up with a show which has a social message to convey. As life is unpredictable, no parent can predict about the behaviour of their children. Basera will open the eyes of the both, parents as well as the younger generation of todays. It's a classic family saga for viewers of all ages." It is a multi starrer show where you can see the stars like Ram Kapoor and Pallavi Subhash in lead. The star cast also includes Amit Jain, Priya Bhatija, Ajay Krish, Damini Anand, Resham Tipnis Sussana Mukherjee and many more. The show based on the similar lines of the film Baghban will be airing from August 17, Monday to Friday at 9:30 pm.

Edited by Iqbal Neha1 - 14 years ago

Supriya Pilgaonkar asks parents to get smart!

Supriya Pilgaonkar is still remembered as the chirpy 'bahu' of yester years' DD show Tu Tu Main Main. But she has come a long way since then. After her stint on TV in the reality show Nach Baliye with husband Sachin Pilgaonkar, she won all hearts with her motherly presence in NDTV Imagine's Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi. She is now seen as Manda Deshmukh the typical middle class Maharashtrian housewife of Sachin Deshmukh (Rajesh Shringarpure) in NDTV Imagine's Basera.

Supriya, herself a mother of a sixteen year old named Shriya, says, "Nowadays many parents forget to keep a check when they pamper their children. They go out of their way to fulfill every whim and fancy of their child. But I would just like to say one thing to parents- "Baccho ko apne baazuon ka sahara zaroor dijiyega, par apne baazuen nahi. (Do give your children the support of your shoulder but not your shoulder entirely)".

The talented actress insists that she took up the new show Basera as it deals with the problems of senior citizens especially when their children start considering them as a burden. She says, "Basera throws light on many heartaches that parents face, once their children are big enough to fend for themselves. It's common today in joint families for parents to start feeling lonely because the children treat them as if they are invisible!"

She further tells us, "In the show viewers will get to see through the eyes of my character Manda Deshmukh ' the various troubles faced by parents whose children don't turn up the right way. Manda is so naive that when she comes to know of a certain 'shocking truth' , she is not able to digest it. She can't believe that in spite of the ethics she imbibed into her children, they grow up to be what they are."

So what message does Supriya want to give her viewers? She replies, "I would be true to this role just as in those I've done in the past. And I hope that through this show children get a proper perspective of things and develop a healthy mindset."

Reporter and Author: Susan Jose
source-tellybuzz

Edited by sweetytweetypoo - 14 years ago

Dupatta woes for Basera unit!!

While shooting a car sequence on the busy roads of Powai between Amit Jain and Priya Bhatija for Imagine's Basera, the ..
Amit Jain thrilled about Basera

Amit Jain is back in action with Basera, the new serial on NDTV Imagine. We spoke to him about his role and more:
"The role I'm playing is quite interesting. He is Shantanu, high court lawyer who has carried on his father's profession. His main aim is to help senior citizens, though he otherwise a happy-go lucky, romantic lovable guy. He has a special bond with his nephew, Anurag," says Amit. Shantanu is also very close to his father who he treats like a friend. "His father is the one who has taken care of him so Shantanu discusses everything with him. On the work front, he is a focused lawyer who always takes the side of truth and justice."

The actor says he did his research for the role. "I have done lots of research on the internet, especially with the vocabulary and body language. I also spoke to a high court lawyer about the right lingo. For example, the word 'barrister' is used for high court lawyers, not those who operate in the lower courts. I also asked him about the kind of cases that come up in high courts."

He tells us a funny incident from the shoot: "There was a car sequence in which Nandini's dupatta is flapping outside the car, and I had to tell her 'Madam aapka duppatta…'. But before I could say it, onlookers kept telling her. So there were many retakes and the final take happened after four hours."

Members of the Basera unit plan to do the rounds of Ganpati mandals and the Siddhivinayak temple. "I thank Sagar Arts and NDTV Imagine for giving me this show. We plan to gather a big group and pray for the show's success."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090822_116

It's time for Salsa and Waltz in NDTV Imagine's Basera…

Amit Jain, Priya Bhatija and Susanna, tutored by Tina Sachdev, will be performing on Salsa and Waltz in NDTV Imagine's ...