Mohe Rang De

kudi punjab di - prabhleen sandhu

pinkypony thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Simple, warm and vivacious is how Prabhleen Sandhu comes across in a telephonic interview from Mumbai. Vidya Verma of Zee's new show Aap Ki Antara is all excited to be a reel mum: "When I was approached for the role I refused straightaway as there was no chance that I would play a mother at my age. But then, a look at the script and some coaxing made me accept the role. And I am pretty satisfied with the decision," shares Prabhleen, who is a music teacher in the serial. A postgraduate in English literature from her hometown Ferozpure, Prabhleen started her career with music albums. As luck would have it, she ended up getting a role in a Punjabi movie: "I did three Punjabi movies - Yaran Naal Baharaan, Ek Jind Ek Jaan and Mehndi Wale Haath." After some anchoring and a role in a Hindi religious film, the next stop for this gutsy girl from Punjab was telly. "I started my career with movies and was apprehensive of joining the telly world. Mohe Rang De was a show different from the ones running, so I accepted the role," she says. And then Aap Ki Antara happened. "I wouldn't say it's easy to play a mother. But then, I am the kind who loves challenge and right now, I am enjoying that," shares Prabhleen. In Mumbai for around a year, the girl misses the close-knit relationships of Punjabis: "Growing up in Punjab means one exudes warmth but then, Mumbai is a different place where professionalism rules." Also, used to big things in her home state, where the house and everything else is large, the Mumbai flat life came as a shocker. Chandigarh is a city that Prabhleen finds truly beautiful: "I really feel those living in Chandigarh are blessed and I wonder why do they ever leave for foreign shores, as wherever you go in the world, be it America or Canada, City Beautiful never loses its charm." For Prabhleen, the world revolves around her parents: "All my life I have learnt so much from them, they are the true role models. Apart from them, I really admire Kiran Bedi for the place she has made for herself." Among actors, it's Madhu Bala and Sridevi that inspire her.

As for future plans: "I take life as it comes. When I started with Punjabi movies in 2005, I had absolutely no clue what would come next and that is true now too. I do not believe in planning. Will see what life offers next. But yes, I believe in versatility and would not do roles that typecast me," signs off the girl.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sasha722 thumbnail
thanks for the article
sim_ran thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
where did u find this article ,reallly nice thanls for the post...
  • Play Punjabi Songs & Mp3
    Listen Live to Hit Bhangra Songs From Top Bhangra Singers.
    www.In.com
  • Star TV shows Online
    Watch your favourite Star TV show Right on your computer. Check Now!
    www.StarTV.in
manalee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
😊thanks for the article .prabhleen rocks in the show
Bonai thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the post. Yes she is a very good actress. very few of the present artists can express through eyes she is brilliant in that like our munda.
pennu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the post Pinky....
Waiting to see her doing another challenging role with our Gavie...😳
Hope in that she won't do any sister/daughter/mother/babhi roles with him...
Kya patha shayaat use woh bhi challenging rage.... 😕😆
Edited by pennu - 14 years ago
-.Priya.- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thnx
prabhleen is awesome