IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
How many of you are frustrated with people just typing one word or emotions on their post. We have repeatedly told people to not just tfs,thanks, thanks for posting but we don't see any improvement. There is not really any substance to their topics but they have lots of posts to their credits. And they eat up several pages and you have to go through so many pages to actually see content.

Its not like we don't want the "Thanks" as that is the appreciation the coolbies and viewbies need to be motivated  So please continue to appreciate the hardwork by using the "LIKE" button . Alongside with that we really want to encourage discussion.  This is after all a discussion forum and not just for updates and videos. We want to encourage you to to talk about what is really that you mind, about the show and to maybe also get others to be pumped up to get a good enjoyable discussion.

So we are thinking of implementing a feature that wont allow any posts which is less then 150 characters minimum when they post. Our intention is not to get you to stop posting but just to eliminate spammers who makes +1 post to increase their post count and which pushes useful posts several pages down and one has to dig them out. So our attempt is to make useful posts available upfront instead of going through several pages of +1 posts.

We are also going to be implementing a way which empowers are dev team to tag a member as spammer who inspite of being warned repeatedly keeps on spamming the forum. It would imply you cannot make to our "HALL OF FAME". So please next time make sure you click the "LIKE" button and type your thoughts in the comments.

We would like to have your thoughts about this and whether you think this is a good idea. Also what other suggestions you have. Maybe if we get a better suggestion we could go with that. So please voice your opinions and feedback.

Happy Discussing..
Edited by priya.nair - 14 years ago
truly said Priya di..
Hope these changes will help..
Edited by -Nadii- - 14 years ago
This useful feature is very much needed.  We are honestly tired of going through 10 pages of just "tfs" posts.   Those who post "tfs" in update threads, they don't really mean to thank the updater becoz one should write more than just "tfs" to appreciate the hard work of updaters.
Nice idea and hope that would help to increase more discussions around and keep the sections clean๐Ÿ˜Š

nice idea!! this will keep the forums clean!..

Edited by ~*LoVeLy*~ - 14 years ago
Yes, I think everyone is pretty fed up of all the 1 worded spam posts. The new features sound brillant and I hope it encourages better discussions.
I hope this might change the one word posts.... I see all the time a simple Thanks..... Not like i haven't done it but i try to say a few words more...
Edited by xxsugasweetxx - 14 years ago
Great idea. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ  I'm sure it will def help reduce spam and keep the forums/topics clean.
Thanks Vijya Bro! We needed this! hope it will help reduce spamming!
This is one very good feature to control spam posts. You guys can also enable image verification to prevent post padders. Image verification slows down replies.

You can also add a limit like 10-15 sec limit between each posts. :-)

If I think of some more ideas, will add later.