Smriti Mohan follows Gunjan Walia out of Betiyann

Posted: 14 years ago
Smriti Mohan follows Gunjan Walia out of Betiyann

Betiyann may have completed 500 episodes but the lead faces of the show are on a disappearing act. Earlier we had reported about Gunjan Waliabeing released from the show. Now we hear that Smriti Mohantoo is on her way out. The actress has already given it in writing to the production house about her desire to quit the show and we hear that the production house has again obliged.

Informs a source from the show, "We have released Gunjan and Smriti from the show. The duo will be shown going out of the city with their respective husbands and that is how their tracks will be put on hold for sometime till we really need them on the show. Gunjan will leave with her husband immediately after Gauri's (Aliza Khan) wedding. Smriti will be shown leaving with her husband after Jhanvi's (Soni Singh) wedding."

When contacted Smriti confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am leaving the show and today is the last day of my shoot. I will be back on the show whenever I am required in the track. I am very thankful to Creative Eye and Zee TV for launching me in a successful show like Betiyann."

The actress will receive a call from her mother-in-law who will ask her to join the family in Delhi.

Neha Maheshwri Posted on 10 June 2009 2:10 pm
All the best to Smriti. But I feel that the writers have always sidelined her character. I won't be surprised if Niyati decides to leave as well. She hardly has anything to do.
Agree with fizzles. Both these girls are very pretty. Its a shame they didnt get much highlight in the show. They had their tracks but would have liked to see more of them along with Saraswati the great! 😡.
All the best to Smriti. I hope we get to see her in other shows too.
oh nooooo!she is the most pretty face in the show infact of zee.complete indian face.....really she is extremely beautiful....she deserves more better roles...all the best to her......but i must say betiyann is incomplete without this beti...durga we ll miss u!😭
pls let us know in which new serial she is going to come.i am her big fan.i must say she was the only beti who had the essence of her mother savitri in her....that innocence,that smile,that pourity..........its sad but all the best  for her.....v  r waiting for her new show....
Originally posted by moonty

oh nooooo!she is the most pretty face in the show infact of zee.complete indian face.....really she is extremely beautiful....she deserves more better roles...all the best to her......but i must say betiyann is incomplete without this beti...durga we ll miss u!😭
no way.. jhanvi is more prettier.. 😉
Originally posted by countryclub1

what rubbish sillykitty....how can u compare durga's grace n innocence with janvi's loud makeup n negative hard face.even janvi's acting is very artificial n filmy....infact betiyann acc. to me still means saraswati gauri durga n laxmi........
all the betiyaan are good.....i am agree with you i dont thnk janvi is more prety.her dressing style and make up is more good.......all other girls look naturally beautiful.......

hey guys,

it says "Gunjan will leave with her husband immediately after Gauri's (Aliza Khan) wedding."But we have been still seeing her.

p.s.when gujan leaves iam going to miss her cause i mostly watched the show cause of her and karan.
I would like to see them both in new shows. This show needs to END
Originally posted by Sillykitty

no way.. jhanvi is more prettier.. 😉

i agree. jhanvi is the prettiest. lol. even laxmi is prettier than durga. lol. :P no offence ;)