Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Vashu Bhagnani's latest interview!!

kaash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
"I could have had titles like Vaada No.1 or Silsiilay No.1" - Vashu Bhagnani
By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 27, 2005 - 03:26 IST
A Producer, A Builder, A Tea Estate Owner and a thorough business man! He is Vashu Bhagnani - a man who has always done the unimaginable and now he is all ready with his next release Shaadi No.1. Here's an exclusive chat with the man himself.

You have produced quite a few films with a No. 1 in it. What is your fixation over this?
There is no fixation in it at all. I merely do this for the very reason that this script demands it. I could have had a lot of my other movies with No.1 in it, like Vaada No. 1 or Silsiilay No.1 but I didn't for the very fact that it wasn't necessary at all.

What is your latest movie Shaadi No.1 all about?
It is a complete family entertainer. There is comedy, music, drama, and just about everything else required for a family film. But with all these elements included it is different from other family movies. You can call it a festive movie. Something for the whole family to enjoy during the auspicious season of Diwali.

Lots of big movies are releasing in Diwali. How will Shaadi No.1 manage to attract the audience?
Only three movies are releasing this Diwali. There have been instances when 5 or 6 movies have released. So this is nothing big. India is a big country with a lot of people so this shouldn't be a big problem. As it is we are not leaving any stones unturned for the promotion of the film.

How many prints are you going to release in India and abroad?
We are looking for a big release of about 400 prints.

You have always had different kinds of premieres for your film. What are your plans for the premiere of Shaadi No. 1?
We are going to great lengths to ensure that this premiere is one of a kind! There will be 'a ton of flowers' and we plan to decorate the entire road with them. The venue will be decorated like a wedding complete with a doli and baraatis! As for the stars, they will be dressed like the bride and the groom.

There were reports that Shaadi No.1 is similar to No Entry.
No Entry is also similar to Masti and it turned out to be one of the year's biggest grosser. Just because there are 3 lead pairs in these movies that does not mean that the movies have to be the same. Off course there might be a few minor similarities which are included just to keep the story running. But overall the film has its uniqueness and is different from the other films.

You just met the prime minister? What was the meeting all about?
We discussed quite a few things in the meeting. About entertainment taxes and all but our main focus was on the issue of piracy. Not only is the film industry suffering loses but the government is losing out on tax revenue. Dr. Manmohan Singh promised us an anti-piracy cell in the next 3 months.