RamanandSagar'sRamayanFanClub2:DONE ThankUFriends!(Page 121)

Posted: 2009-09-24T08:10:31Z
Originally posted by prachi_poorvi

Sunday times of India,20 sep 2009

Where are they now?

Deepika Chikhalia
Once,she was sita adored by millions of Indians who watched India 's first mythological television serial.Ramayana.That ran from 1987.

Today the 'original' Sita 's life centers around her two daughters 11 and 6 and husband Hemant Topiwala 's Shingar bindi and Tips and toes cosmetics business in Mumbai.
"I take care of R&D and marketing in office between 11 and 4 pm".Ths allows her to be home when children return from school.
As of now Deepika has no plans for a comeback.
"There are lots of offers ,some of them weird.It s difficult to leave home after 4pm right now.But i may after 4 to 5 years"she says.
Perhaps another mythological serial?Yes perhaps,agrees Deepika,but she says that newer soaps dont have recall value."when we did ramayana.Arun Govil "looked " Ram ;I looked "Sita".I did not use any makeup during vanvaas episodes.There will be no better Hanuman than Dara Singh in a 100 years."

Do people still prostrate before the woman they defied for playing Hinduism 's arguably most revered woman?
"Not the newer generation,but some elderly woman still try to touch my feet".

today few remember her political role as the BJP MP from Vadodra in the 90's.It is her "divine" role play that's etched in public memory.

Thanks a lot for this Prachi!TongueTongue

Deepika sounds like such a humble down to Earth woman!Big smile
1 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-24T09:46:13Z
ur welcome lalitha di
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-24T10:57:11Z
Thanks for liking the song too, watermist and Lali Hug All the songs are so beautiful, hope to add many more here so we can appreciate them even more. And Lali, that first line "Prabhu kar kripa... dhari linhi" is out of the the RCM, the rest was Jain's masterpiece. Love the "Bhaavna mein bahe chale..." part cuz as they're saying "dheer, veer, gyaani" they show the ever-calm Janak, the strong Lakshman, and the wise Vashisht overwhelmed with emotion - brings those words to life.

And thanks soooooo much for that article Prachi!!! Can't wait for Deepika's return... hopefully to mythos, and hopefully under a worthy director! But with her talent, she'd probably make even a mediocre one turn into magic Day Dreaming In fact, they should put her in as an older Meera at some point! She'd be sooo perfect!
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-24T14:18:03Z
Originally posted by lola610

Thanks for liking the song too, watermist and Lali Hug All the songs are so beautiful, hope to add many more here so we can appreciate them even more. And Lali, that first line "Prabhu kar kripa... dhari linhi" is out of the the RCM, the rest was Jain's masterpiece. Love the "Bhaavna mein bahe chale..." part cuz as they're saying "dheer, veer, gyaani" they show the ever-calm Janak, the strong Lakshman, and the wise Vashisht overwhelmed with emotion - brings those words to life.

And thanks soooooo much for that article Prachi!!! Can't wait for Deepika's return... hopefully to mythos, and hopefully under a worthy director! But with her talent, she'd probably make even a mediocre one turn into magic Day Dreaming In fact, they should put her in as an older Meera at some point! She'd be sooo perfect!

Very true!Clap Aditi turning into Deepika....wow!Day Dreaming
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-24T18:39:18Z

Here are some Bharat Milap inspired siggies! I hope you guys like them, and feel free to use if you want!Embarrassed The 3rd one is not really Bharat Milap as it features Lakshmanji, but I used some of the lyrics from it because the song is so meaningful and emotional.Day Dreaming

0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-24T19:19:03Z
Sooo.... will have some much sought after LavKush deleted scene vids up by this weekend, but till then wanted to share a couple of screencaps cuz I myself am so excited to see the scenes again after so long and so that you know what you're looking forward too... and THERE ARE SOOO MANY HUGS LOLLOLLOL
So, heres a DELETED SCENES PICS UPDATE!!!

Hanuman being blessed by SiyaRam:

Manthara is forgiven and honored by SiyaRam:

Edited by lola610 - 2009-09-24T19:41:19Z
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-24T19:42:14Z
WOW LALI Clap Bharat milaap siggies are fab! So emotional, and you picked the perfect verses!!! I'm def scooping, but not sure yet, which of the first 2 Day Dreaming Thanks for making such touching stuff; can't wait for more!
0 Likes this
Posted: 2009-09-24T20:32:32Z
Wooooooooooooooooooooooow, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you soooooooooo much for these pics, Lolikins!Hug These are def rare, precious scenes, esp since they're not on youtube or anywhere else online!!!!ShockedBig smile However did you get hold of them?

Deepika and Hanumanji's expressions are superb during the blessing scene, and Arun and Manthara's expressions are mindblowing in the forgiveness scene! I also love the Sitaji Manthara hug scene, sooo emotional!Cry
0 Likes this