Article - Roshni Chopra loves clowning around

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Roshni Chopra loves clowning around

Roshni Chopra, known for her role as Pia on the serial Kasamh Se, is enjoying her stint with comedy. Roshni is currently taking part in the Comedy Circus 20-20 and says that the genre lets her express herself and break away from her prim and proper imageā€¦that's when she's not being bullied by her perfectionist partner Kuldeep.

She says, "I have been doing glamorous roles all this while but this is totally different. It gives me the freedom of expression. I had to become a boy for one of my acts and nobody believed that I could do that! Shekhar Suman too complimented me on my performance."

According to Roshni, doing comedy is no laughing matter. She says, "It's really scary! We have to practice very hard. We are very lucky to have fetched the highest marks in 5 of our 7 performances. Kuldeep is very good. We improvise a lot during our acts. Playing different characters, you constantly grow as an actor. For instance, in the coming episode, I am playing the ghost of a supermodel. We have to raise our standards each time."

Praising her partner Kuldeep, she says, "Our creative team, especially our creative head Bharat, has helped us a lot. I have learned plenty of things from them. Also, we believe that Kuldeep is the Aamir Khan of comedy: he is a perfectionist. If he wants a particular thing to come out in certain way, he drives me nuts till it comes out just right. On the other hand, I have to go easy on him. But that's how we get along."

The actress also adds that impressing the judges is no easy task. "I have been receiving good comments from the judges. In fact, I got a standing ovation for one of my performances. But impressing them is not an easy job at all. Ajay is very simple and gives good comments when he is entertained. On the other hand, Shekhar is intellectual and a master of comedy."

As for competition, Roshni believes that Vinod Kambli is the surprise package of the show and is doing a great job.

The actress has finished shooting for her film Phir. She has been offered the chance to anchor Rakhi Sawant's Swayamvar, but Roshni is yet to accept the role.

• Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, May 05, 2009

• Source : http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/May/News_20090505_24

Posted: 14 years ago

Thanks for sharing!

Wow....very good job Roshni! Btw...I agree...suddenly stepping into the world of comedy after only having done glamorous roles is truly not an easy task...but that's good Roshni!