Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Aradhana87

True..I am also glad that many people remember her. The impression which Ramanand Sagars Ramayan made on me..is really big. Unforgettable😊

Yes, I was watching Naag Pash and Lakshman vs. Indrajit epis today from Old Ramayan and it still touched my heart. Except for the vanar sena (exclusing Sugreev, Angad, and the main vanaras who were good actors), every actor in the Old Ramayan played their part so well.πŸ‘ It suprised me, yet made me happy, that I still felt tears during the song Lakhan Dulare in which Ram cried over Lakshman's still form while Hanuman went to get the Sanjeevani. And Sitaji's song Jagadambe Rakshakaro was also very touching.😍

My only peeve with the Old Ramayan is the actor they chose as Lord Vishnu.😭😭 Why couldn't they use Arun Govil for Vishnu as well? *sigh* Whenever I see parts in which Lord Vishnu appears, it just kills the magic of the show for me, because that actor cannot deliver his dialogues right and I doubt Hindi is his natural language. In the end of Luv Kush, when Ram returns to his divine abode and takes the form of Lord Vishnu, the way in which that actor said Tathastu just cracked me up.πŸ€” *sigh* Oh well, I suppose even the Old Ramayan had to have a flaw, and the actor who played Lord Vishnu is its flaw.

This is one place where the New Ramayan wins hands down.πŸ‘ They used Gurmeet for Vishnu as well, which I think is necessary when directing a Ramayan serial/movie. The same actor who plays Ram should play Vishnu as well, or it ruins the mood of the show.
Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 14 years ago
chen2chic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Yes, I was watching Naag Pash and Lakshman vs. Indrajit epis today from Old Ramayan and it still touched my heart. Except for the vanar sena (exclusing Sugreev, Angad, and the main vanaras who were good actors), every actor in the Old Ramayan played their part so well.πŸ‘ It suprised me, yet made me happy, that I still felt tears during the song Lakhan Dulare in which Ram cried over Lakshman's still form while Hanuman went to get the Sanjeevani. And Sitaji's song Jagadambe Rakshakaro was also very touching.😍

My only peeve with the Old Ramayan is the actor they chose as Lord Vishnu.😭😭 Why couldn't they use Arun Govil for Vishnu as well? *sigh* Whenever I see parts in which Lord Vishnu appears, it just kills the magic of the show for me, because that actor cannot deliver his dialogues right and I doubt Hindi is his natural language. In the end of Luv Kush, when Ram returns to his divine abode and takes the form of Lord Vishnu, the way in which that actor said Tathastu just cracked me up.πŸ€” *sigh* Oh well, I suppose even the Old Ramayan had to have a flaw, and the actor who played Lord Vishnu is its flaw.

This is one place where the New Ramayan wins hands down.πŸ‘ They used Gurmeet for Vishnu as well, which I think is necessary when directing a Ramayan serial/movie. The same actor who plays Ram should play Vishnu as well, or it ruins the mood of the show.

Oh yes, I too remember the Vishnu of Old Ramayan. True, he lacked charisma. But as you all said, Deepika's outfit and her overall grace is still fresh in my mind.
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well about the Vishnu..in the first episode of Ramayan it was Arun Govils voice for sure. I think he looked a bit like Arun Govil but it was his voice. About LuvKush yes that voice was not his. That is something I did not like either. I am glad that Deepika was Lakshmi but too bad she didnt say anything as Lakshmi. Edited by Aradhana87 - 14 years ago
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Happy Birthday to Deepika (the ever so graceful sitaji ) πŸ‘
Deepika lived the graceful & dignified role of SITAJI !!!πŸ‘

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Aradhana87

Well about the Vishnu..in the first episode of Ramayan it was Arun Govils voice for sure. I think he looked a bit like Arun Govil but it was his voice. About LuvKush yes that voice was not his. That is something I did not like either. I am glad that Deepika was Lakshmi but too bad she didnt say anything as Lakshmi.

I have to rewatch the first episode, but I think you're right, but wasn't only the voice, it was the actor as well. And the dye job wasn't really that good.

Yeah, I too am happy that Deepika was Lakshmi as well.😊