Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
guyz i posted ridz bday thread do check itin ai sec
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Khans take the dais

By: Upala KBRDate: 2009-04-08

Aamir dominates the producers-distributors meet while SRK gets serious; Sallu and Saif stay away

This is one for the history books. Even as Hindi film producers gathered under one roof, actor-producers Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan set aside personal differences to come together to speak up about the multiplex impasse.

The event was to brief the media on the stalemate reached over demands of equal percentage of revenue-sharing among the producers and multiplex owners.

Issue address karo

Together, we Conquer... or Try To: Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan.

Aamir took it upon himself to champion the cause while SRK chose to take a backseat, save a few quips directed at the media "you can choose to give this any twist about how two enemies like Aamir and I have come together but please address this issue."

He also took a shot at the producers and distributors' press conference held at a suburban hotel in Mumbai yesterday evening.

Surprisingly the Khan brothers, Salman and Sohail, stayed away even though their home production Main Aur Mrs Khanna releases July 3.

Apart from SRK and Aamir, the meeting was attended by Yash Chopra, Ashutosh Gowariker, David Dhawan, Ronnie Screwvala (UTV), Jyoti Desh-pande (Eros), Mukesh Bhatt from Vishesh Films, Ramesh Sippy who represented the distributors' association and Sajid Nadiadwala, Ritesh Sidhwani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra (all three kept yawning through the meeting) and Karan Johar (who acted as host) among others.

Karan refused to let the media ask any personal questions as he told them "please stick to the issues concerned", thus keeping a strict vigil on the restless audience lest they ask questions about SRK and Aamir's alleged dushmani.

Aamir takes charge

It was apparent that Aamir was determined to control the proceedings right from the beginning. Says a distributor, "Just before the press conference, Aamir had organised a meeting where he briefed the producers and distributors about the points to be discussed in the meeting, what he would say and what he felt the others should say. It was also decided there that the media should be asked not to ask questions on SRK and him.

Though Sohail and Salman Khan were invited for the meeting, they decided not to go. It was strange considering that Salman and Aamir are such close friends.

Of course both SRK and Aamir were unanimous that they would help in any way they can the marketing of Salman's best buddy Sajid Nadiadwala's Kambakkht Ishq in single theatres if the deadlock didn't end by then a point put across by SRK at the press conference too.

Alternative strategy

That for those films which had to be postponed would be helped by alternative strategies to release at theatres. Kambakkht Ishq is the next biggie to hit the silver screen on May 29; it has now been postponed due to the strike."

While Aamir came fully prepared with points and read them out from the podium SRK was seen jotting down his thoughts during the meeting.

Aamir said, "We want a healthy and happy film industry where each sector has to profit and we think 50 per cent partnership between multiplexes and the producers is fair. Producing films is a volatile business but I love making films and that's why I am here.

We are also looking at other unfair practices of the multiplexes like their charging us INR 1 per cent whereas the normal rates are 0.25 or 0.30 per cent. There are different percentages for different producers and distributors.
Some multiplexes are also indulging in illegal activities like charging entertainment and service tax in theatres of states which don't have these taxes.

It takes both sides to come to a solution and we are establishing a committee to discuss and find solutions to resolve these issues."

SRK kept his speech short and sweet and limited to points. He preferred not to call the stalemate a strike but rather "repairing the pipeline".

Said he, "We are all united and we have come to clear the misconception that we want to deprive the audiences from watching our films. It's not a strike or embargo but a temporary repair to the pipeline. We want fair rights for Friday nights.

This is not a power show. Our committee is here 24/7 to discuss and sort out issues with the multiplexes. We also intend to bring in issues of ticket rates and the levels to be brought down."

Aamir butted in here and said, "Multiplex ticket rates in India are very high. We want every person in India to see all the films. Why are ticket prices different at different multiplexes?"

We are united!

Saif Ali Khan, whose debut home production, Love Aaj Aur Kal releases this summer says, "I have been busy shooting and couldn't attend the meeting yesterday. However it's not important who attends or who doesn't but whether we are united or not. We are united. I am with them.

There is complete unity amongst us all (producers) as it's a serious issue. It's not just about business here but the fact that the multiplex owners are holding us to ransom. It affects us all producers."

There's good news for the small producers and small films. Says SRK, "Let the big guys fight for the small guys. Once our issues are sorted out every young upcoming producer will benefit from this."

http://mid-day.com/entertainment/2009/apr/080409-Aamir-Khan-Shah-Rukh-Khan-multiplex-owners-Yash-Chopra-Ashutosh-Gowariker.htm
Zareena thumbnail
No problem Meera๐Ÿ˜Š

Sure fary will check and post my wishes.
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted my wishes Fary! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Zareena thumbnail
Khan's spares

While most stars are seen wearing either glares or powered spectacles, Shah Rukh Khan is seen with both. He wears the glares and carries his specs in his pockets you never know when you may require them!

http://mid-day.com/entertainment/2009/apr/080409-Rajkumar-Santoshi-Katrina-Kaif-Ranbir-Kapoor-Apoorva-Lakhia.htm
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
^^ I love love LOVE him in glasses! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Zareena thumbnail
Yeah, he doesn't wear them so oftem now a days. Wow he loooks so nice.
-Divyaa- thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweet_angel28

thank u zareena :) yeah i did, i managed to hug him and kiss him on his gorgeous dimple :D, but big shame was dat i waited da whole day to meet him on stage on the last day but i couldnt coz he had to go :(. i'll upload sum of da pix inshallah

oh my god your so lucky ๐Ÿ˜ณ,iam so jealous lols๐Ÿ˜†
-Divyaa- thumbnail
just now i saw srk in star pluse for promoting the show sabki laadli bebo ,he said some nice things about having daughters and how fathers are so protective about their daughters and also said if you have an laadli in your house participate in this programme
-Divyaa- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Zareena

^^ahhh i missed it๐Ÿ˜”

dont worry some one will upload it in the forums aor you see the channel they will air it another time.