sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
If you are a Sagar Arts fan, or watch any of their other recent productions, such as Jai Maa Durga, Mahima Shani Dev Ki or Ramayan for instance, then have you guys noticed how some of these characters are also in Jo Ishq Ki Marzi Woh Rab Ki Marzi.

Ramayan

Character who plays Udayveer also played Dasarath
Character who plays Karamveer also played Bharat

Jai Maa Durga/Mahima Shani Dev Ki

Character who plays Balveer also played Shiv Shankar
Character who plays Bhanu's sister-in-la/bhabhi was Mahishasur's wife
Character who plays Saavitri was also in Jai Maa Durga

It seems like Sagar Arts may have their favourite actors or just reuse their old ones! I'm sure that the few listed above are not the only ones who have been in Sagar productions!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi, I am new here.

I watch NDTV Ramayan regularly. I have started watching Jo Ishq Ki Marzi Woh Rab Ki Marzi too.

The first time I saw the ad for Jo Ishq Ki Marzi Woh Rab Ki Marzi, I was interested in watching it. I was pleasantly surprised to find many of the cast there were here as well.

Udhayveer - Maharaj Dashrath
Karamveer - Bharat
Sumer's mother  - Dhanyamalini (one of Ravan's wives)
Chandrika - Sumitra
Balveer - Lord Shiva
There is one more person who was in Bhanu's house who played Ravan's mother Kekasi.

If its not against the rules, I'll post some pictures here. Please let me know if I can do so.
Sidarth_lover1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
um thatz a gud observatin!
sattvik thumbnail
Wow, Vibhishna thats interesting. I don't watch the new Ramayan, but I guess Sagar likes certain people or can't be bothered with a new cast! I'm sure they have people from Sai Baba too....
Vibhishna thumbnail
I haven't watched Sai Baba.

I think the actors may be called again and again by the Sagars for different shows. The lead actors of the previous Ramayan that was telecast in DD about 20 or 22 years ago acted in another production of Sagars. The ones who acted as Ram, Sita, Lakshman and Indrajeet came again in Betaal Pachisi.

I forgot one more person from NDTV Imagine Ramayan. Sumer's grandmother was Swayamprabha, I think. It was a very small role.

I found the one acting as Chandrika in Kahani Hamari Mahabharat Ki. She was Radha's mother in that series.

I also saw the one acting as Balveer in Vaishno Devi Ma. I don't know the name of that character in that series. I saw only a couple of episodes of it. The same person had also acted as Lord Vishnu in 'Om Namah Shivaya' , as Shathrugan in B.R. Chopra's Ramayan apart from being Lord Shiva in NDTV IMagine Ramayan and Mahima Shani Devi Ki. I think he has acted in films too.

Edited by Vibhishna - 15 years ago
samirah23 thumbnail
Nowadays, it's hard to find actors who are not divas - if you know what I mean.  So, if a production house can find good actors who have talent, and also a good work ethic, then using them for different serials works in their favour ...
sattvik thumbnail
So then it looks like that most of the mythological series just borrow actors from other productions. So I guess if you get a job in this sector and your a good actor, you can expect to be Lord Shiv one day and another God the next.
Vibhishna thumbnail
Some pictures from NDTV Imagine Ramayan:

Maharaj Dashrath in NDTV Imagine Ramayan.

Maharani Sumitra in NDTV Imagine Ramayan

As of now, these are the ones I have. Will get back with more.

sattvik thumbnail
Wow, thanks for the pictures!

Do you think you can get pictures of all of the characters in JIKMWRKM for me? You can write your name on them, I just want to put it up for the JIKMWRKM Characters topic
Vibhishna thumbnail

Originally posted by: sattvik

Wow, thanks for the pictures!

Do you think you can get pictures of all of the characters in JIKMWRKM for me? You can write your name on them, I just want to put it up for the JIKMWRKM Characters topic

Sure, I'll post them. But I need some time. I'll post them this weekend.