*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago
Why Koena refused SRK and Aamir?

By IndiaFM News Bureau, January 21st, 2005 - 0930 hrs IST

Malaika Arora will soon be seen shaking booty with Shahrukh in Kaal and she has only Koena Mitra to thank. Well the Saqi sizzler apparently refused the 'Kaal Dhamal' number! When we called her to confirm reports, a relaxed Koena told us, "Yeah that's true. Karan's office approached me but I turned down the offer. Not just this, Saroj Khan came to me for a song in The Rising, but I backed out from that too"

Her decision to refusing these banners baffles us completely, "Well, see I don't want to be an item girl all my life. I am here for lead roles. Insaan has me as a lead actress opposite Ajay Devgan. So it is heroine roles that I am eyeing and not itsy-bitsy ones." So she let go of working with the likes of SRK and Aamir? "Well, this time round, yes. But I am going to be here for a long time & am sure there will many more chances to work with the two. Besides I am not interested in playing just a glam doll," Koena gets curt.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS ON THE DOOR OLY ONCE KOENA...AND U'VE MISSED IT!...SRK KE SAATH DANCE KARNE KO REFUSE KIYA....U'R A SILLY SILLY GIRL!

*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ˜†
This content was originally posted by: S.T.U.P.I.D.

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS ON THE DOOR OLY ONCE KOENA...AND U'VE MISSED IT!...SRK KE SAATH DANCE KARNE KO REFUSE KIYA....U'R A SILLY SILLY GIRL!

*~puja~* thumbnail

HOW DUMB... if she went then she could have gotten the "hook-ups" but no... who is she anyways?

shahidlover24 thumbnail
i haven't heard of her either πŸ˜•

if i had gotten that kind of chance i'd be on cloud 9
Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail

same here!!.....who is she!!!

i think she knew that she didn't have any level to stand by Shahrukh or Amir!!...they both are gr8 actors!!

_anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: *~puja~*

HOW DUMB... if she went then she could have gotten the "hook-ups" but no... who is she anyways?

SHE'S THE ONE IN THE FAMOUS SONG IN THE FILM "ROAD"...."KHULLAM KHULLA PYAAR KAREN,KAREN KABHI CHORI SE.....!!!!

queenbee thumbnail
But she CANT ACT!!! she was bakwaas in musafir πŸ˜› ... the only thing worthwhile in it was her item gaana. she's totally wooden.. no, steely.. see her to believe it πŸ˜†
_Anonymous_ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

i guess she wanted to stand on her own 2 feet and not accept help from anyone

or ppl would say that the only reason she became famous was because she was with SRK and AK and not because of her own work

*Anjali* thumbnail
i agree that it was a foolish decision on her part.  She could still do the movie roles and then also do the item numbers with SRK and Aamir.  I think it would have increased her recognition.  Not only that, but she may have just offended the two biggest heavyweights in bollywood, which guarantees that she probably won't be able to work with them in the future. very foolish decision...πŸ˜•