Na Aana Is Desh Laado Article Archive [No Comments]

Posted: 15 years ago

This thread contains articles and interviews relating to Na Aana Is Desh Meri Laado.

Articles from Telly Chakkar and Indian Television are not allowed as they are in direct competition with IF.

Please post all the articles related to NAIDL here.
and please do not comment.

enjoy!
Regards,
Crazy Nimisha
Edited by sarah1024 - 14 years ago
Few organizations had raised objections on the disturbing promos aired of the new COLORS' show on female infanticide, Na Aana Is Desh Laado..

The new offering of COLORS, 'Na Aana Is Desh Laado' has just started yesterday and the show is already in controversy with its promo airing on the channel, wherein few organizations have raised questions on it.

As we know, the show focuses on female infanticide. "The promo shows shocking scenes of a girl child being immersed in a big bowl of milk, with the hope that the same child would be reborn the next year as a boy. These scenes were really disturbing to the eyes. Hence few organizations had raised their voice against this to the channel", says our khabroo.

We called up Shyamashis Bhattacharya of Shakuntalam Telefilms to know the truth, and he says, "There are no such controversies as far as I know. The promos portray the true picture and I know we need to present it in a lighter manner and we are planning for the same".

Will there be such scenes in the show too? "As I said the show talks about female infanticide and the fact is that such practices are still on in some places. There will be such scenes shown in the show, but not so horrifying that it hurts the sentiments of people. One needs to keep a continuity of the show to understand what message we want to pass on to the audience. All I can say is that Laado is a positive show", he adds.

However, as per our khabroo, "The channel did get calls raising questions on their promo, but now things are solved. Above all, as the show has launched there will be new promising promos shown of the show".

For the uninitiated, the other COLORS' show Uttaran too faced problems during its launch, and that was to do with the title of the show, which got cleared just weeks back.

We could not get any official comment on this from the channel though..

Whatever it is, even though the promos were bit disturbing, it seems as though it has caught the eye of the viewers. Now let's wait and see what verdict is passed by audience on the show!!

Reporter and Author: Rachana Trivedi
from telly buzz

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

'Is Des Main Na Aana Ladoo' on Colors

COLORS is a channel known for its unique concepts!! Now going with this trend, another show titled 'Is Des Main Na Aana Ladoo', produced by Shakuntalam Telefilms will soon go on air!! After Balika Vadhu and Uttaran, this show now deals with female infanticide.

"The show is very unique and has a strong concept based on female infanticide. The story revolves around the village where birth of a girl child is still a sin", says our khabroo.

"This practice can be seen even today, and the show just states how a new-born girl is sacrificed on the name of God. The male member of the family, while sacrificing asks God to give that child a rebirth, but as a male", adds our source.

"The show will initially show the mannerisms of villagers towards the girl child and how they curse their better half for it. Later on, a point will come where one will see opposition from the women of the village", quips the source.

When asked about the star cast, our source states "The show will see many new fresh and promising faces. Audition took place all over and then the cast was chosen".

There is a buzz that this show will be given a prime time slot, because of its strong concept. Also, if sources are to be believed, the axe might fall on Mohe Rang De.

However, Sunjoy Wadhwa, Producer of Mohe when asked said, "I have not got any such info from the channel as of now".

When we called Gavie Chehal, the lead actor of Mohe, he too rubbished the news saying, "Going by the script we have got, the story will lead to the partition phase. And if this happens, then we have a story line for the next five months at least. So I don't know from where this news is coming".

However, our source states, "The TRP's of the show has been little low though the show has successfully completed its 100 episodes. The creative of the show is planning some changes in story line, but the future of this show is dicey for sure".

Talking about the launch date of Ladoo, our source concludes, "The show will come on air by end of February".

We called Shyamashis Bhattacharya, Producer, Shakuntalam Telefilms for a confirmation on Ladoo and he says, "Yes, the teaser of Ladoo is on. And if you see the promo, you will clearly understand the concept. As of now, I cannot divulge any more info".

Well, we need to wait and watch what slot Ladoo grabs finally!

Objections arises on promos of 'Laado...' of Colors

Some organisations has objected on the disturbing promos of the new show of Colors' channel on female infanticide, 'Na Aana Is Desh Laado'

'Na Aana Is Desh Laado' has just started yesterday and the show is already in controversy with its promo airing on the channel.

As per industry source, "The promo shows shocking scenes of a girl child being immersed in a big bowl of milk, with the hope that the same child would be reborn the next year as a boy. These scenes were really disturbing to the eyes. Hence few organisations had raised their voice against this to the channel."

On this, Shyamashis Bhattacharya of Shakuntalam Telefilms said, "There are no such controversies as far as I know. The promos portray the true picture and I know we need to present it in a lighter manner and we are planning for the same."

He added, "As I said the show talks about female infanticide and the fact is that such practices are still on in some places. There will be such scenes shown in the show, but not so horrifying that it hurts the sentiments of people. One needs to keep a continuity of the show to understand what message we want to pass on to the audience. All I can say is that Laado is a positive show."

But the source informed, "The channel did get calls raising questions on their promo, but now things are solved. Above all, as the show has launched there will be new promising promos shown of the show."

http://www.jimandaz.com/11/objections_arises_on_promos_laado_colors.htm
Changing status of women in independent India
20 Star it

Somshuvra Mukerjee , Kolkata: Mar 9 2009
Made Popular Mar 10 2009
India :

The world celebrated International Women's Day yesterday - 8th March. A question may arise - How far has the status of women changed in modern and post-modern times?

The position of women has changed a lot in modern times. Clearly women have made tremendous strides towards equality in recent decades however; we still live in a society in which the worth of women is measured in their physical appearance and not their intellectual contribution or talents.

It is not an unknown secret that many women are paid considerably less than men for doing the same type of work. What effect does this obvious gap between men and women have on our nation's female population? The effect of this is the unconscious perpetuation of the understanding that women are inferior to men in our society.

This also stands in direct contradiction to the claim that we are all created equal. This gap between men and women can be seen in countless social arenas, such as, the workplace, the average household, educational institutions and even in our nation's government.

In the society, the role of women is getting bigger. Women are doing man's work and sometimes women do it better. It may be because women are more patient and more intelligent. The concept of earlier days was that only man can work, because society thought that cleaning the house and taking care of the children were the only things women were able to do.

This has changed a lot because now both, men and women, are working and taking care of home. Sometimes it is the woman who gets the money to survive and man is the one who takes cares of the children, and while it was embarrassing for men in the past, now it is normal.

We have seen a woman P.M. in our country - one of the most powerful and undoubtedly the most efficient P.M.s we ever had - Mrs. Indira Gandhi. We also see a woman President - Mrs. Pratibha Patel. So a woman has the capability to hold the highest post of the country as well.

Be it in politics (Jayalalitha, Mamta Banerjee, Mayawati - love them, hate them, but you cannot ignore them), sports, cinema or literary field, we see women dominating the scene side-by-side with men.

Hence the position of women has changed drastically in post independent India. The condition in the rural areas which has more or less remain unchanged (as portrayed in soaps like Balika Vadhu & Na Aana is Desh Laado)are exceptions to this changing scenario.

http://somshuvra.instablogs.com/entry/changing-status-of-women-in-independent-india/

We do not intend to be preachy'

Mumbai, Feb 14: Hindi entertainment channel 'Colors', whose popular serial 'Balika Vadhu' dwells on the social evil of child marriage, says it does not intend to be "preachy" but be entertaining and convey a message at the same time.

"Our forthcoming show 'Na Aana Is Des Laado' is about female infanticide, while 'Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari' is about a family wanting a girl child," Ashwini Yardi, Head of Programming, Colors, told reporters here.

"Our new lineup of shows, both in fiction and non-fiction format, underscore our commitment for differentiated content."

In an attempt to stick to storyline and ensure that the plot does not stray succumbing to market demands, Yardi said the less than one-year-old channel has decided to end its prime time show 'Mohe Rang De' because the story is nearing an end despite the show getting good response.

Colors CEO Rajesh Kamat said 'Khatron ke Khiladi' and 'Bigg Boss' had created a lot of buzz for the channel, launched in July 2008. "Our distribution strategy also paid off well," he said.

'Khatron ke Khiladi level 2' and 'Bigg Boss 3' will be the biggest attractions of 2009, Kamat said. There is also another show 'India's Got Talent', a talent hunt programme making its debut in Asia outside America and Britain.

Besides, the channel has also acquired Studio 18's library of box office hits of 2008 - 'Ghajini', 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na', 'Golmal Returns', 'Sarkar Raj' and 'Kidnap', he said.

Tele soap queen Ekta Kapoor has also joined the channel to make a horror series, 'Koi Aane Ko Hai'.

Bureau Report

Posted: 14 years ago
Natasha Sharma wants her money

Natasha Sharma, who plays Sia on Na Aana Iss Desh: Laado (Colors), did a cameo on the show Jahan Pe Basera Ho, which went off air early this year. But Natasha, who shot for two months, has not got her dues from the production house Shreya Creations yet.

"I did a cameo on Jahan Pe… a few months ago and I had a very bad experience working with Shreya Creations. They have not paid me for my dues till now, even though the show went off air a few months ago. I have been calling the concerned people for my payment but no one has been answering my calls."
Natasha, whose dues are worth 50 thousand rupees, even went over to the Shreya Creations office. She says, "They just kept saying that they would give me my payment and after that they started ignoring me. If I were to go to their office again, I would only be ignored. I have tried talking to them in every possible way. I shot with them in November and December. Three months have passed and I still haven't got my dues." But even though the production house is paying no heed to Natasha, the actress is not planning on lodging a complaint against them.

On the other hand, Sheel Kumar, the MD of Shreya Creations, says, "I do not know anything about this but we too have not received the full payment from the channel for the show. There has been a delay as we are receiving payments slowly and so we are trying to pay off the actors one by one. We are not avoiding Natasha; she must not be having the concerned person's number. She will get her dues soon."

Jahan Pe Basera Ho began last September and due to lack of TRPs, ended early this year.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090404_17

Serials move from city to village
Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

Gone are the days on TV when we watched business families doing unbelievably well in their huge bungalows with their lavish cars, wearing expensive clothes and heavy jewellery. More recently, the big havelis and jewellery has vanished and village life is taking center stage.
Showing 2 of 4 images Previous    Next

Na Aana Iss Desh Main Laado
deals with the serious issue of female infanticide. The show is set against the backdrop of a Birpur village near Haryana. A typical village setup is shown: a place where the panchyat sits, a very small dispensary, old mehals and transport such as horse carriages. Even the costumes and language used is appropriate to the settings.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=164
Meghna Malik: Re-vamping her career

After starring in numerous films and theatre productions, Meghna Malik decided to take up a television offer. And her wicked character Ammaji in Na Aana Iss Des: Laado, which deals with female infanticide, is creating havoc on the small screen. But surprisingly, even with her evil avatar, the actress gets hugged – and by children that too! - when she's out and about. We caught up with Meghna to find out more.

Why did you decide to take up a TV offer?
This is a great role. I have been doing films and theatre so far. I was a student of NSD (National School of Drama) before I came to Mumbai. Though I did films, my roles were not major ones. When I heard about this role, I felt that it would be very interesting and challenging. Nothing like this has been done on TV till date. Ammaji's character has been written very well; she is thought-provoking. The subject of the serial is interesting too and the character tempted me into accepting the part.

What do you know about female infanticide?
I am aware that it still exists in our society. I have seen families who curse girls. I have not come across any incidents of female infanticide but I have read many books and articles on the subject. These evil practices are still rampant and the figures are shocking.

How did you prepare for the role?
I researched the topic and came to know that female infanticide is not only followed by people in the North but down South too. As far as acting is concerned, having done theatre, it was not tough for me. I lived in Delhi for years so I am familiar with the lingo (Haryanvi), even though I've never spoken it before. Also, I rehearse on the sets to get the body language right. I envisioned my character: she is powerful and the whole village surrenders her. With my mind set for the role, I know how to act the part.

What kind of responses are you getting for your evil role?
I am the luckiest vamps on TV! I have never come across anyone who says that I am bad. In fact, people have complimented me for my role. I am glad that they know that I am an actress and Ammaji is just my character. In reality, I am not at all like her. Surprisingly, kids come up to me and hug me when I go out! The audience loves my character which is a good thing; a few of them even came up to me and touched my feet! It was embarrassing and funny.

Don't you think that Ammaji in Na Aana Iss Des: Laado is too explicit?
In the promos, an infant is shown being thrown in boiling milk. But that wasn't to hurt anyone's sentiments. The channel wouldn't air anything that is objectionable. It is a sensitive issue and I think they are handling it very sensibly. We are not promoting any evil. In fact, we are trying to spread awareness about this subject.

There is criticism that after saas bahu dramas made their way out, issue-based shows on the girl child are saturating television.
See, TV always follows a hit formula. When Balika Vadhu launched, it became a hit and others followed. Earlier, it was the same with family dramas. But, if what's airing is a subject that touches the hearts of audiences then why not? Channels will always show what is working. If a topic like this is making people more aware, it is a good thing.

Do you see any similarity between your character in Na Aana Iss Des: Laado and Dadisa of Balika Vadhu?
Comparisons should not be made but they are inevitable as these two women are the head of their families. But my character is different. Ammaji not only heads her house, she is also mukhiya of her village. She is interested in politics and the village surrenders to her. She is very demanding and has a lot of strength. On the other hand, Dadisa is ready to do anything for her family. She is very traditional. Ammaji rides a horse, uses guns; I guess she is more powerful. I have seen Balika and I like Surekha Sikri's work; she is a very talented actress.

Meghna has starred in movies such as Chalte Chalte, Kuch Na Kaho, Vastu Shastra and Taare Zameen Par.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/May/News_20090509_41

Aditya is a social worker!

Email   Discuss  Share  Save   Text:

Aditya Redij, famously known as Raghav, Ammaji's son in the show, Naa Aana Iss Des Laado, is not just an actor but also a social
Aditya Redij
worker.

Surprised? Yes, before joining the show he was a social worker and has also participated in a Youth Exchange Program where nine participants from all over India and nine from Canada were taken to Stanford. He was supposed to stay with families there and worked in farms.

Asked about the experience of staying with poor families over there, he said, "It was a wonderful experience as we all enjoyed together, worked together and also the lifestyle there was quite different. It was a totally new and memorable experience."

After staying there for more than a month, he came back to India and continued with the same ' helping the poor. He even stayed with families in the rural parts of Haryana, and to his surprise, the story of Laado is also based in Haryana.

While living with the villagers, he used to hold classes in schools and also teach women about their social rights. Later, he came down to Mumbai and was also part of some fashion shows. And when he got this show he was surely excited to be a part of this as it gives out a message which is similar to his own beliefs.
He says, "I am happy to be a part of this show, as I know such evil practices are prevalent in rural parts of India, as I have stayed there and understood them. Such shows will surely help improve the condition of our society." That's a good message you are giving to the people out there. Keep going, Aditya!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Aditya-is-a-social-worker/articleshow/4559643.cms