datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
The Parsi and his pyjamas…
By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 20, 2005 - 23:51 IST
The man is born to humor.
That is the single thought that comes hurling at us when we think of the puffy faced Bollywood actor, Boman Irani. Immensely talented and incredibly articulate, we love him. Approach him any time of the day and rest assured you won't be left high-dry.

After ribbing us once again in No Entry, Boman Irani is discussing some very interesting projects with the names-that-be of Bollywood. Parsi's are said to have a quirky side to them, so we approached Boman for something fun that he would want to share and this is what he pulled out of his hat, "A Parsi without quirk is no Parsi at all" he smiles.

And we are suddenly reminded of the various quirks he has served us onscreen. The Doctor of Munnabahi who practices laughter therapy, the Main Hoon Na professor who keeps forgetting, the foodie cop of My Wife's Murder. When we return from our flight of fantasy, Boman continues, "Few know that I crazy for pyjamas that have cartoon characters on them!" he says with all sincerity but we can't help bursting into laughter. Watching us go red in the face, he says, "I know it's funny but I am really fond of the toons. Earlier I used to have Popeye now it is Tom and Jerry" he says as we are still shaking in laughter.

Unmindful of our laughs, he continues, "This was during the shooting of Main Hoon Na, I was resting in my cabin in my toon-pyjamas when Shahrukh came knocking. I opened the door and exclaimed "Oh, it's you Prince! I address him as 'Prince' because I truly believe that he is India's Prince Charming. Entering the room, Shahrukh said, 'Hope I haven't bothered you, just came in to ask…' and his eyes suddenly went to my pyjamas and he went blank. He didn't know what to say. The super-confident Shahrukh stood there frozen like wood. He just didn't know what to say!

Finally, he pulled himself together and said, "Ah, hmm…well, just came to say that if you need anything, you can call for me, I am next door' and left. Trust me, I have worked with Shahrukh for quite a bit and have never seen him so numb. My cartoons, hmmm…it must have some magic! It left India's superstar speechless!"