•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Shaan has been off the radar ever since Voice of India, which he hosted, wrapped up last December. The singer's last successful playback work was also a while ago with him contributing to the Fanna and Saawariya soundtracks. We tracked him down to find out the reason behind his recent low profile.

Shaan says, "Since I left VOI (Voice of India) I have not signed on for any reality show. I am not even sure whether anything is going to happen in that direction as right now my focus is completely on singing."
Speaking about the singing projects he is concentrating on, he says, "I am recording for the film Kal Kisne Dekha. The music for the film has been done by Sajid-Wajid. It is a Basu Bhagnani movie and his son Jackie is being launched in it. Apart from this, I am in talks regarding a couple of projects but nothing is finalised as yet. "

We ask the singer whether he had any projects with big banner movie houses lined up. He says, "It's been quite a while since I worked with big banners such as Yash Raj and Dharma Production. But if I got a singing offer from them, I would be happy to do it."

After Fanna and Saawariya, Shaan didn't have much success with his songs. Was it because his focus on playback was divided with him concentrating on hosting? "I really don't have an answer to that but I have been doing TV for the last seven years now. I put the same effort into my present projects as I did for Fanna and Saawariya and all my other hit songs. If I get an offer, I sing. Whether the song will be a hit or a flop is not in my control."

However, the singer is troubled to some extent by his lack of recent hits. He says, "Recently, I sang a song for Dostana called Kuch Kum. It was not highlighted on the TV promos at all. So somewhere, I might have been worried about that. Even so, I always try to give my best when it comes to singing."