Media gone mad these days?

Posted: 15 years ago
Question for all -

Has the Media gone MAD these days?

After Octuplets/13 year old dad case - I think the Media has gone mad. Its easy way for these people to make money. The Media IMO are encouraging them to do so with ludicrous offers. (see below) Yes - agreed media also make money as these stories sell - but i think they gone mad with offers of documentaries etc. Money could be better spent.  

P.S See second pasted article from CNN - Anyone want to donate more money as well as your tax money 🤢 to her 'good cause' - sorry mods if posted/debated before.

At least 15 television companies are locked in a fierce battle to make a documentary about the cherubic teenager's young fatherhood, and media experts estimate Alfie could earn up to half a million pounds.The Independent on Sunday has also learnt that behind this week's revelations was a furious row between Alfie's family and The Sun. The newspaper is accused of "turning over" the family and reneging on a deal to pay about 25,000 for the initial photographs and video interview, which was uploaded on the paper's website

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/father-at-13-little-children-big-money-1622477.html

(CNN) -- Nadya Suleman, the single mother of newborn octuplets, is using the Internet to help support her family of 14 children. She's started a Web site seeking donations.

Edited by anon - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Were they ever in their senses..🤔
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
dunno

but i guess we have to give it to media persons for being so professional
that they have become robotic
and don't have any feelings while at work !

btw -
Walter Cronkite , the journalist who had tears in his eyes while announcing the assassination
of John F Kennedy ...........

we need more like him !
Edited by ashoka_was_king - 15 years ago
Media works off of $$$$, so what brings in the $$$ (i.e. senseless news) will be on your TV set...Its sad, there are so many things going on in this world that need exposure and they will continuously focus on that lady with like a 1,000 kids (over exaggeration here)....

There are mini genocides, slavery and even worse topics like trafficking going on...They should be showing that and getting some help from the bigger nations to put a stop...

but its my opinion  😊
I fink the media has points were they really exaggerate and make a little thing becumea BIG thing,,
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Meena1

Were they ever in their senses..🤔

😆😆😆 True!

Re: TOpic - > You should have seen the concentration by which everyone around the work centre were glued to Larry King live tonite, when he was interviewing...I guess the doctor of Nadia... and there was this occasional Awwwww when they were showing baby pics... lolss wouldn't it be nice to reframe the question as far as where the maddness weighs more 😉😆 Promise I was doing my thing and amused hearing awwwss 😆 (I know ma bad😊)