Amul Star Voice of India

heartbreakingly painful...

warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago
I write this with a heavy heart, watching a mother in absolute agony and in unbearable pain begging for the Almighty to return her son. I sit here with tears in my eyes, a heavy awful pain in my chest, battling with a myriad of emotions - but what must she be experiencing??? 

The tribute made to Ishmeet Singh in the Grand Finale is wonderfully poignant, yet incredibly painful to watch. A young man with a beautiful smile, the voice of an angel and calm gentleness about him. A delight to watch. Huge potential to excel. Extinguished in a heartbeat.

I am sure that many will speak against this message today, questioning and asking 'whats the point?' or simply stating 'many have died before him, and many will die after him.' To them I will say: this is true. But I will also add that is takes a special soul to connect with millions and touch the hearts like he did. The world would not mourn as greatly as it did if this wasnt the case with Ishmeet.

I am not penning my emotions with any ulterior motive, but with one true, honest and heartfelt request - keep Ishmeet alive by keeping his memories alive.

Keep Ishmeet alive because there is a heartbroken mother out there in this world who cant fathom that her  son is gone. Perhaps, the knowledge that there are many who miss him and many who do truely cherish his life will be a small measure of comfort to her.

Rest in Peace Ishmeet, you will live in my heart.

Naina.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i was crying when i saw ishmeet's mom in such pain..
-shehzaadi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
^^ me too. I was watching the show with my mom and we both started crying when Ishmeet's mom came on stage. It was truly heartbreaking to watch. 😭😭😭
when I saw Ishmeet singing in a white suit, I thought he was there with the others because everyone was wearing white. and then I realized that its just a clip from last year. It's still hard to believe what happened.
miggie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
it was very sad, i was also crying 😭
shabari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ishmeet will forever live in our hearts,he may not have been the best of so called conventional singers but he was a thorough gentleman to the core.
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i didnt watch the finale but after reading this post of yours i was tempted to go and search for this tribute to ishmeet.  all i can say is that was so very hard to watch. 

the pain and sorrow of his mother was so evident and just impossible to see her like that.   as warrior princess stated, that we as fans who have never met him feel this immense loss...what must his mother be feeling.  i hope this grief does not kill her.

i have no relation with ishmeet but i've felt this connection with him since day one....maybe b/c he was a sardar...i dunno.  i always thought of him as my younger brother.

and his father was so brave.  you can tell he was so proud of him.

ishmeet will always be in my heart.
Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I haven't yet watched this episode but it will be very difficult for me to watch Ishmeet's mother.God give her strength to bear the loss
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: chitra anand

I haven't yet watched this episode but it will be very difficult for me to watch Ishmeet's mother.God give her strength to bear the loss

chitra it was very heart wrenching watching the whole tribute.  if you like i can post it here.
warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: mittijalebi

i didnt watch the finale but after reading this post of yours i was tempted to go and search for this tribute to ishmeet.  all i can say is that was so very hard to watch. 

the pain and sorrow of his mother was so evident and just impossible to see her like that.   as warrior princess stated, that we as fans who have never met him feel this immense loss...what must his mother be feeling.  i hope this grief does not kill her.

i have no relation with ishmeet but i've felt this connection with him since day one....maybe b/c he was a sardar...i dunno.  i always thought of him as my younger brother.

and his father was so brave.  you can tell he was so proud of him.

ishmeet will always be in my heart.

Hi Mittijalebi (I'm sorry I dont know your real name) and everyone else who has replied...

its nice to hear from people who felt the same as I did.

I never met Ishmeet, nor do I know his family. But you said mittijalebi, there was a connection with him. Ishmeet's father said 'Ishmeet may not be with us anymore, but sometimes remember him'. I still find it painful to watch any footage of Ishmeet, but on some days when I feel strong enough I listen to the Gurbani Shabad he sang and that gives me immense peace.

I believe Ishmeet will always be alive, because like you said, he will always be in our hearts.

Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mittijalebi

chitra it was very heart wrenching watching the whole tribute.  if you like i can post it here.

mitti,I have it downloaded in my comp.Only thing,I ned the time to watch it.How will I watch such a heart wrenching tributemitti?😭..too much for me to watch but think of Ishmeet's mom,who went through all this😭