Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

witty thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

hi,

Internet a boon r curse. As everyone had rightly pointed out that there are 2 sides of a coin. It no use turning a blind eye to the bad things. Just bcs the cat closes the eyes while drinking the milk, does not mean that no one is watching. We got to accept the things that are there, the good and the bad. Unless u knw whats bad, u cant keep away.

saroj thumbnail
Everything in life comes as a package deal...internet has its positive and negative points...on one hand the world is at your fingertips today because of the vast information it provides to its users...but there is a dark side to it as well...some information tend to corrupt minds especially those of children and teenagers.
ides thumbnail
well said everyone.....as they say, its not the gun that is evil, it is the intention of the person behind it.....Internet is just a tool and like any tool can make or break.....
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
nuttin iz bad...............itz da person hu uzez it..........................i am a teen n i use da internet everyday.................4 HW, reseaarch, findin out info, keepin in touch wit all my cuz in Pakistan, talkin 2 frenz, playin gamez n of course IF along wit many other tingz.................da internet it dangerous if da ppl talk too much wit random ppl dey dunno.....................itz not a bad ting until it bcumz a serious n continous ting...........i dun think da internet shud b blamed but itz da ppl.............if ppl have been abused via internet sumwhere along da line it waz der own fault............if dey dun talk 2 ppl hu make dem uncomfortable nuttin bad wud happen................well datz all i gotta say  
samir_soni thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I think for a child and a teenager, internet is a curse.

Homework and research:    In my childhood, I had to go through hundreds of books just to write one page and now my little bro just logs in and get the info without any hassle. I am not against net surfing at all, but when you go through books, you learn more than you need for that homework. And now in college, my english professor doesn't allow any info printed from the net.

Chatting:   Chatting is addictive and sometimes more than any other drug. Specially when your hormones are changing, you really feel comfortable chatting for long hours and once you are hooked, you begin to believe the P.C. Screen more than the real life.

Controling the net:    It's impossible to control a teen. You may keep track when he's at home, but what about libraries and cyber-cafes? Even when your Internet settings are set on safe mode, you end up getting adult pictures in some popular web-sites.

cloudz thumbnail

Though it can be quite a boon when it comes to gathering information etc, the internet has become more of a curse particularly for younger teenagers.  Its not like there weren't enough distractions in the form of technology without there being the internet where a child can spend hours and hours doing anything and nothing.  The old ways of having fun are dying where friends were made face-to-face and playing meant being with other people.  Also, too much information is not always a good thing.  When the internet isn't monitored kids have access to so much information that really isn't meant for them and well, it ends in the early loss of innocence doesn't it.?

That is not to say that kids shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.  They should but within limits, both in terms of time and also in terms of what they actually do on the internet.

vvrsun thumbnail

This is not a controversial topic as claimed by the originator, because everybody agrees.

The topic should be more subjective, to provoke debate, like 'Are TV characters role models?' or 'Are TV serials good or bad?'

garammaxala7726 thumbnail
w/o internet we wudnt b on india-forums talkin abt this...so obviousli its a boon lol
icy_devil thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
the interent is really addictive
usachick821 thumbnail

The internet has a surplus amount of information that are available to everyone within a reach of a computer. The internet reveals information that may be necessary, and profanity. Like a famous saying goes "when you take the good in, you have to get some bad too"

the information is easier to find on the internet than in books, but even dictionaries that may be assigned to fifth graders have the words "sex, intercourse, cuss words" and a wide array of words that i cant mention right now or else my post would be deleted. The only reason that internet seems so much more vile than some certain books are because the information is extremely easier to find.