ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Deepak Tijori turns down SRK

Actor turned director Deepak Tijori is believed to have turned down SRK's weekly serial Ghar Ki Baat which will be produced by Idiot Box – SRK's television production house. The role has now gone to TV actor Sumeet Raghavan.

"Its true that SRK's Red Chillies had offered me the role but the reason why I refused it is simply because currently I'm busy with the shoot of my film Fox. I can't act in some other project while directing my film. And I'm glad that Shah Rukh understood where I was coming from," says Deepak.

The serial is based on the 80s hit telly soap Yeh Jo Zindagi Hai and Tijori was offered to play the lead which was earlier played by late actor Shafi Inamdar.

"I have seen Yeh Jo Zindagi Hai which had come in the 1980s and was very popular among the masses at that time. Everyone acted very well right from Swaroop Sampat to late Shafi Inamdar. I had got Shafiji's role but I really couldn't have matched such great theatre actor. I hope Sumeet Raghavan will do justice to that role," adds the actor.

Speaking about his film Fox, Deepak says that the progress so far has been very good. "The shooting is going quite well. I have shot on the clean beaches of Goa and while I can't reveal much details of the film, let me assure you that it will be quite refreshing for all the viewers," he says.

Deepak Tijori has earlier worked with SRK in 1994 in a film called Anjaam.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
Aw thats a shame hope this show is good..