Uttaran

Vaishali Thakkar gets ready for Uttaran - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Vaishali Thakkar gets ready for Uttaran

Vaishali Thakkar, who was last seen in Baa Bahu Aur Baby, is quite excited about her totally new avatar in the recently launched Uttaran. Seen in a completely plain and simple look, the actress plays the role of a single mother who struggles to make ends meet and support her daughter.

"I did not think about my de-glam look as such. It is a very good character and according me as an actor this is one of the best roles that I have ever done. I have not done any role like this before. I am very happy that I got this chance," explains Vaishali.
Although the show has been on air for just a few days, it is already getting a very good response. "People will take some time to adjust to the show. My show is similar to the kind we saw earlier on TV… such realistic shows used to come earlier. And so the audiences will take some time also for accepting these deglamourised characters. But since show has been on air we have been getting positive response," says Vaisahal.

Nowadays numerous serials on television revolve around child artists. Is she worried that this trend might run out soon?

"It is a story of us - me and my daughter. This is strong storyline which they are showing through this girl's eyes. It was the demand of the story and they have not twisted it only to focus on the child in the show. There are going to be twists in the show, which I will not reveal now, but it will surely change the perception," informs Thakkar.

Speaking about working with a child artist at such close quarters, Vaishali says that it can be quite demanding. "You need to give them space. It demands a lot of effort and it is challenging as well. But I am happy that I am getting to learn so many things. They are quite spontaneous and sharp; you really need to match up with them. In short you have to be on your toes," laughs the actress.

"Sparsh is quite an innocent girl. She is just 7 years old but is very intelligent. Some of her shots are taken genuinely. It is fun off screen as well. She will jump around everywhere…she has so much energy that at the end of the day when we all are so tired but she will keep on talking about her school. She plays games with us. She is like any other child," she adds.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081206_40

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, December 06, 2008

• Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SamLuvsSaRun thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
    Thanks a lot. She is doin a wonderful job in there
    sweet_shagun thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
    I loved her as Pravina and here she is doing a swell job finally a good role!!

Luv,

Shagun