Parivaar - Kartavya Ki Pariksha

No work; actors take to cricket- Sachin Sharma

JasminBhasinFan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

No work; actors take to cricket

As the impasse between the producers and workers continues, our TV actors find themselves in an unusual situation: what to do during this 'free' period?

Some have packed their bags and headed for holidays while a few of them chose to put on their cricket gear and head to the field.

Karan Mehra

Cricket crazy men like Karan Mehra, Faisal Khan, Sachin Sharma Karan Wahi, and Sikander thronged to the Mhatre ground in Juhu, Mumbai to be part of the inaugural T-10 inter state Gully cricket tournament. Well, it just weren't the men but some of the pretty ladies like Rucha Gujarati and Manisha Kelkar too who didn't mind using the willow.

Adding glitz to the event was the presence of star Indian batsman V.V.S Laxman who declared the tournament open. Among those who were present were music director Shravan and Bobby Darling and singer Labh Jajhua Sinngh, who sang Jee karda from 'Singh is Kinng'.

In the first match, the Faisal Khan-led team of Actorletics competed against Lottery. who had Rucha Gujarati in their ranks. Prior to the match, we spoke to Karan Mehra of Actorletics. "With no work, I've been wondering what to do. I wasn't too keen to go on a holiday. Luckily for me, I was invited to take part here and I was quick to accept it."

Sachin Sharma

Karan's fellow opener Sachin Sharma said, "Most of my friends are holidaying in Goa. I was left with nothing to do then I was asked to participate in this match. We actors often don't get time to play cricket. This came as a welcome break for all of us. Besides, I got the opportunity to meet one of my favourite cricketers, V.V.S.Laxman."

The star of the afternoon turned out to be Harman Baweja's brother Maninder who cracked an unbeaten 50 that was studded with five sixes, that enabled Actorletics to pile a score of 105 in 10 overs.