desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Discuss Saif coz I added him in, lolz. Hmm...yes, she did have a tendency to go over the top, and I'll admit it too. There was a time when I'd be holding my breath while watching her movies coz I feared a Khushi Part 2. Now that's scary. But she's really impressed me.
From her earlier films, I feel that she was great in portraying Naz from refugee, and Kaurwaki in Asoka. That was a powerful performance, and often overlooked. Especially when she's screaming in the end that srk is not pawan, but asoka.
But she got bogged down by the same teeny bopper Poo roles so often, that all these other performances were overshadowed in those horrible loud ones. How I wish she had never attempted those.
Saif is a different story all together. He is an artiste par excellance (or however you spell it, haha). I feel kareena can learn a LOT from him. His Ek Haseena Thi and Langda Tyagi have made a permanent impression on me.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Firstly whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did you add in saif lol i avoid saif-kareena posts hehe.

Anyways i can comment on kareena..she did alot of bad movies but she has a likeability on screen. No offence to fans of geet but that was nothing really special role the whole film worked not just kareenas character nor was it the most amazing role of a lifetime though i liked the character. She is a good actor though and worked alot at it...like you showed above shes done some versatile roles for sure but only ones i have like personally apart from in JWM , Was in K3G and in Omkara was really good as well..Mujhe dosti karoge and mujhe kuch kehna hai i liked as well. Aitraaz and bewafa were really different roles :)she can definetly go a long way but i hope she picks the right roles.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Lolz, I added saif coz, honestly put, I'm in awe of him. While I was making that post for kareena, I suddenly realized the array of roles her beau has attempted, and how flawless he pulled htem off. This is not a saifeena post persay, more of a post that analyzes them separately.
Saif's downfall was the fact htat Yash Raj keep giving him those lame metrosexual characters. He needs to get away from them asap before they ruin his career and stick to differnet directors like Sriram Raghavan and Vishal Bharadwaj.
I really liked her in Aitraaz as well. Mainly, I feel that post Chameli, she stopped going over the top and started to learn how to give a "controlled" performance. I noticed that before, kareena's acting was geared towards the melodramatic acting of yesteryear actresses. The more you emote, the better you act. That was probably her mantra. Which is why Karan recalls a hilarious episode during the making of K3G, when she cried and bawled and cried her eyes out during the scene that the grandmother died. And after hte scene was shot, she came up to karan and said, "Btw, who died in this scene?" 😆
After Chameli, she worked wiht a whole differnet lot of directors, all of whom came wiht fresh ideas and thoughts, and taught her a different outlook to acting. Now her acting is a lot more relatable and realistic. She needs to stay away from old school directors like Subhash Ghai though, lol
pichchi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ana1

please dont think im bashing cuz im not.

Very true that kareena has done alot of diff. characters which is a good thing. BUt from all those movies only a few were successs. Prob is she over acts to much like in KG3 or tashan. Her best  best character was in JWM

Saif now he is brillent hats off to him he is a realy good actor i love him in comedy movies. Being cyrus was his worst film i htink lol.

Albeit we happen to judge a person's acting according to the hits he/she delivers nonetheless that is not a set criteria that must be followed...A film may be a flop but acting could be brilliant...take for example Madhuri's earlier days....she gave lots of flops but it would be rather impetuous to say she wasn't a good actress...even take all the Khans and Akshay-they have given almost half  as much flops as hits...no matter how good an actor it is utterly impracticable to expect all hits
.Edited by psychobalehead - 14 years ago
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
absolutely agree....saif impressed me first with ek haseena thi...i was amazed with his acting in there...  
ive been a fan of kareena since refugee time...in between she did do movies that were just over the top and her acting was reallyyy bad....but i guess half of the credit goes to the directors loll.....shes a wonderful actress, she just needs the right guidance...

do one for karishma as well...shes also done some fine work...😃
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
I think Saif is a better actor than Amir,instinctive where as Amir is more studied.

Saif is also more versatile..put a guitar in his hand and he is a rock star.A cold blooded villain in "EHT" or master manipulator in" Omkara" to playing Sameer in" DCH".Role of a lover boy is his "baayen haath ka khel'!

Kareena in "Refugee,Asoka,Dev,Omkara,JWM"-very versatile.Edited by you2 - 15 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kareena was annoying when she started...Refugee, K3G (I still wanna whack that character of hers!!) then that Mujhse Dosti Karoge Tina (Arrrrghhh!!) 😆 and let's not even get started with that Main Prem Ki...even Hrithik sucked in that movie!! 😆 She was OTT at that time coz those are the kind of characters she chose to play. But with Dev, Omkara, Chameli, Asoka, Fida, comedy with Akshaye Khanna, Jab We Met- she has done well for herself. I liked her most in Dev, Omkara &  Jab We Met. She was pretty good in Chameli too.

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
She's not consistent and has a tendency to overact...you need a good director to control that tendency of hers!😛
This content was originally posted by: flaviya

Kareena is like Aishwarya for me. They do show some acting abilities when given performance orientied roles.....otherwise.....both go crazy with their over the top nonsensical acting. Professionaly, they are better than 95% of the actresses out their in Bollywood. Personally, I could care less.😆  

Saif......not yet. This guy has not impressed me yet. My God....he's been here for what 20 years already? 🤔

😆

I was going to write in support of this topic but laughed so much reading this post that I have lost my strength to write anything for now.