Ravan's Escape From Trishul & Chakra

Posted: 11 years ago
Hey Guys,

I have a question that is based on last thursdays episode on Ravan saying how he faced/defeated/ escaped....(either or...dont know which oneConfused)  Shivji's Trishul & Vishnuji's Sudarshan Chakra & Indra's Vajra.  I already posted this question on Rajnish's update from thursday, but decided to go ahead & make a separate thread for it!!! I'm not sure when this actually happens & if it is shown in this Ramayan or wut not....maybe i missed an episode...but i really wanted to know when it happened or what is the story behind it!!!!

If ne1 knows the answers please reply....this cat is just really curious Big smileLOL!!!!!!

Ahhh i really hope some1 or ne1 knows the story.........Smile
0 Likes this
I don't know what exactly is the storyErmm. well ones ravan attacked vaikunth lok. Garura the chariot of vishnu ran away being terrified. then vishnu attacked ravan with his sudharshan chakra. Ravan was so powerful that he made sudharshan of vishnu powerless

About lord shiv i don't know when and why lord shiv attacked ravan with his trishul. we all know the story of ravan trying to lift kailash mauntain...shiv increasing weight... ravan being trapped under weight for 1000 years... ravan then start worshiping shiv... created shiv tandav strota.. shiv coming and giving boon.... but there is nothing in this story shiv attacking Ravan with his trishulStern Smile

There is another story when Ravan son Atikai challenged shiv then shiv throw his trisul to attack Atikai but Atikai was so powerful that he even made shiv trishul powerless. he then praised shiv and shiv became happy and grand him boonSmile. but this is not story which you want to knowConfused

About indra i know the story.. Its here Smile
ones Ravan attacked indra lok  hearing Ravan coming for fighting, Indra ordered Aaditya, Vasu, Rudra, Saadhya and Marud Gan to fight with him. All Devta got ready to fight immediately. But then Indra got scared and He went to Vishnu and prayed - "Hey Bhagvan, Mighty Ravan has surrounded our Dev Lok with his army, therefore you come and fight with him." Vishnu said - "This is my vow that I don't come back from battlefield without killing the enemy. But because of Brahma's Var, Ravan, at present, cannot be killed by Devtaa, therefore I cannot fight with him now. You will have to wait till then. You may fight with Ravan with the help of Devta fearlessly.

Hearing this Indra came to battlefield and the war started. Sumalee, Mareech, Prahast etc Rakshas pushed Devta's army back as wind scatters clouds. Seeing Devta army running away, Savitra named eighth Vasu started showering his weapons. Twashtaa and Pooshaa also showered their arrows on Rakshas. After a fierce fight Devta army ran away, but Savitra decided to continue the war. He broke Sumalee's chariot, then he hit Sumalee's head with his Gada which broke his head. Seeing Sumalee dead, Rakshas ran away from there.

Seeing Rakshas running away Meghnath asked them to return and got himself ready. He entered the Devta army riding on his divine chariot. All Devta started running away seeing him coming, but Indra's son Jayant called them back and start showering his weapons on Rakshas. Meghnath shot gold arrows and Jayant wounded his Sarathee (charioteer). Meghnath got angry and shot thousands of arrows at Jayant. Then he started his Maya war hiding in sky. Devta got scared with his Maya war.

At the same time, Indranee's father Pulomaa named Daitya went inside the sea taking Jayant with him. Devta thought "Jayant got killed" so Indra himself came to battlefield on His Matali-driven chariot. Then Ravan also rode on his divine chariot, halted Meghnath and he himself came forward to fight against Indra. Now both sides started fighting and showering arrows on each other. 

Evil soul Kumbhkarn was also fighting with his fists. He ate somebody, or crushed somebody. Rudra Gan fought with him angrily and wounded him at hundreds of places. Marud Gan pushed Raakshas back Many Rakshas were killed in this war. Seeing this Ravan suddenly entered Devta's army and shot at Indra. Indra also shot His arrows at Ravan.

Seeing Rakshas army killed like anything, Ravan roared with great anger and asked his Sarathee to take his chariot into his enemy's army. Seeing Ravan coming to them, Indra got scared and said to Devta - "Ravan is coming to us very fast. We cannot kill him because of Brahma's Vardan, therefore let us arrest him alive." After saying this  to Devta He moved from that place and went to other place to fight with Ravan's army.

Ravan entered from north side and Indra entered from south gate. The then Rakshas cried, "Indra caught Ravan", so Meghnath entered Devta's army and attacked Indra's Sarathee Matali and then afflicted Indra with his arrows. Then he flew in the sky and got invisible with Mahadev's Vardan. He started showering arrows from there only. Indra sitting on Airaavat, tried to locate him but couldn't see him. Later Meghnath found Him tired so he tied Him and brought Him in his army.

Seeing Indra tied, Devta showered arrows on Ravan. Afflicted Ravan returned from the battlefield. Meghnath said - "Hey father, We have won the Swamee of Devta army. Now there is no use to fight with Devta any more. This mighty enemy is now in our control then who cares for those Devta. Hearing this from Meghnath all Devta went away disappointed. Ravan got very pleased with his son's bravery and asked him to take Indra to Lanka and told that he would follow him.

Edited by rajnish_here - 11 years ago
0 Likes this
thanks rajnish for the story !!!Tongue even i don't hv any idea abt the story of RAVAN & sudarshan chakra & ravan's escape from the trishul of SHIVA!!! one thing is for sure tht ravan was much much powerful than INDRA!!! ravan was really powerful & i think due to his black magic & all other monstrous powers tht he earned thru tapasya might hv saved him from sudarshan chakra & trishul !!!!
0 Likes this
i will try to search for the story ,if i get it i will def. post it !!!
0 Likes this
Originally posted by rajnish_here

I don't know what exactly is the storyErmm. well ones ravan attacked vaikunth lok. Garura the chariot of vishnu ran away being terrified. then vishnu attacked ravan with his sudharshan chakra. Ravan was so powerful that he made sudharshan of vishnu powerless

About lord shiv i don't know when and why lord shiv attacked ravan with his trishul. we all know the story of ravan trying to lift kailash mauntain...shiv increasing weight... ravan being trapped under weight for 1000 years... ravan then start worshiping shiv... created shiv tandav strota.. shiv coming and giving boon.... but there is nothing in this story shiv attacking Ravan with his trishulStern Smile

There is another story when Ravan son Atikai challenged shiv then shiv throw his trisul to attack Atikai but Atikai was so powerful that he even made shiv trishul powerless. he then praised shiv and shiv became happy and grand him boonSmile. but this is not story which you want to knowConfused

About indra i know the story.. Its here Smile
ones Ravan attacked indra lok  hearing Ravan coming for fighting, Indra ordered Aaditya, Vasu, Rudra, Saadhya and Marud Gan to fight with him. All Devta got ready to fight immediately. But then Indra got scared and He went to Vishnu and prayed - "Hey Bhagvan, Mighty Ravan has surrounded our Dev Lok with his army, therefore you come and fight with him." Vishnu said - "This is my vow that I don't come back from battlefield without killing the enemy. But because of Brahma's Var, Ravan, at present, cannot be killed by Devtaa, therefore I cannot fight with him now. You will have to wait till then. You may fight with Ravan with the help of Devta fearlessly.

Hearing this Indra came to battlefield and the war started. Sumalee, Mareech, Prahast etc Rakshas pushed Devta's army back as wind scatters clouds. Seeing Devta army running away, Savitra named eighth Vasu started showering his weapons. Twashtaa and Pooshaa also showered their arrows on Rakshas. After a fierce fight Devta army ran away, but Savitra decided to continue the war. He broke Sumalee's chariot, then he hit Sumalee's head with his Gada which broke his head. Seeing Sumalee dead, Rakshas ran away from there.

Seeing Rakshas running away Meghnath asked them to return and got himself ready. He entered the Devta army riding on his divine chariot. All Devta started running away seeing him coming, but Indra's son Jayant called them back and start showering his weapons on Rakshas. Meghnath shot gold arrows and Jayant wounded his Sarathee (charioteer). Meghnath got angry and shot thousands of arrows at Jayant. Then he started his Maya war hiding in sky. Devta got scared with his Maya war.

At the same time, Indranee's father Pulomaa named Daitya went inside the sea taking Jayant with him. Devta thought "Jayant got killed" so Indra himself came to battlefield on His Matali-driven chariot. Then Ravan also rode on his divine chariot, halted Meghnath and he himself came forward to fight against Indra. Now both sides started fighting and showering arrows on each other. 

Evil soul Kumbhkarn was also fighting with his fists. He ate somebody, or crushed somebody. Rudra Gan fought with him angrily and wounded him at hundreds of places. Marud Gan pushed Raakshas back Many Rakshas were killed in this war. Seeing this Ravan suddenly entered Devta's army and shot at Indra. Indra also shot His arrows at Ravan.

Seeing Rakshas army killed like anything, Ravan roared with great anger and asked his Sarathee to take his chariot into his enemy's army. Seeing Ravan coming to them, Indra got scared and said to Devta - "Ravan is coming to us very fast. We cannot kill him because of Brahma's Vardan, therefore let us arrest him alive." After saying this  to Devta He moved from that place and went to other place to fight with Ravan's army.

Ravan entered from north side and Indra entered from south gate. The then Rakshas cried, "Indra caught Ravan", so Meghnath entered Devta's army and attacked Indra's Sarathee Matali and then afflicted Indra with his arrows. Then he flew in the sky and got invisible with Mahadev's Vardan. He started showering arrows from there only. Indra sitting on Airaavat, tried to locate him but couldn't see him. Later Meghnath found Him tired so he tied Him and brought Him in his army.

Seeing Indra tied, Devta showered arrows on Ravan. Afflicted Ravan returned from the battlefield. Meghnath said - "Hey father, We have won the Swamee of Devta army. Now there is no use to fight with Devta any more. This mighty enemy is now in our control then who cares for those Devta. Hearing this from Meghnath all Devta went away disappointed. Ravan got very pleased with his son's bravery and asked him to take Indra to Lanka and told that he would follow him.

Thanx Rajnish so much for the info....& yeah any & every info related to Ramayan is wut i do want to know...I wish i had sources like you, sita & sam do to post topics.....i swear i have learned so much from you guys & every1 else in this forum....THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH rajnish for the wonderful infoClap
0 Likes this
Originally posted by sita11

i will try to search for the story ,if i get it i will def. post it !!!

I agree with u sita on how ravan did face indra...but it was also new & news for me to learn that he faced Shiv's trishul & Vishnu's chakra....i was actually dumbfounded when i learnt of that....but i wish they wud have showed a lil detail on that......who knows maybe they will show it in todays epi or something.....

Again I want to thank you for helping me with this......cant wait till you post it......Smile
0 Likes this
Ravan had a boon from Bramha that no Gods,Yaksha,gandharva,kinnara daitya would neither defeat him nor kill him so the sudarshan of Vishnu ,Trishul of Shiv and Indra's Vajra are not able to kill him or defeat him.

Take note that the Sudarshan and Trishul of Vishnu and Shiva are not futile just because they couldn't hurt Ravan, its the boon from Bramha that is being respected ; If not the very concept of 'Boons' would be nullified had Ravan being defeated or killed by chakra or trishul.
0 Likes this

Thanks ananyacool for telling the reasons for the escape of ravan from trishul & chakra !!!!

so it was all due to the BRAHMAJI'S vardaan !!!

0 Likes this