Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Celina Jaitly to mouth Tamil lines in Golmaal Retu

mariasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Celina Jaitly plays a South-Indian woman, Meera Nair, in the forthcoming Golmaal Returns.
Celine%20It was informed days back that hottie Celina Jaitly plays a South-Indian woman, Meera Nair, in the forthcoming Golmaal Returns. If her new de-glam avatar wasn't news enough, check out the bombshell looking like a traditional Tamil in this picture!

The actress has not only worked on her new look but has also delivered Tamil dialogues to add authenticity to the role she is playing!!!

There were no Tamil dialogues in the script initially, but later, the team decided that to add a few to give her sequences a more authentic and entertaining flavour!

We can't wait to see the sultry actress deliver some sexy lines in Tamil! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lol
dat'll b fun to watch
thanx for posting =]
lavy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It shows how ignorant are north indian directors while using south indian characters. For gods sake do your research.
1. Nair is a malayali surname and has nothing to do with tamil. South india has 4 states and kerala is one of them.
2. This is not in anyway related to how a traditional tamil/malayali women looks. By wearing a sari and a jhumka and a bhindi you dont start looking like a traditional tamil. Man..this just irritates me.

lala12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lavy

It shows how ignorant are north indian directors while using south indian characters. For gods sake do your research.
1. Nair is a malayali surname and has nothing to do with tamil. South india has 4 states and kerala is one of them.
2. This is not in anyway related to how a traditional tamil/malayali women looks. By wearing a sari and a jhumka and a bhindi you dont start looking like a traditional tamil. Man..this just irritates me.

buddy chilax there
This content was originally posted by: maria_srk

It was informed days back that hottie Celina Jaitly plays a South-Indian woman, Meera Nair, in the forthcoming Golmaal Returns. If her new de-glam avatar wasn't news enough, check out the bombshell looking like a traditional Tamil in this picture!

A Nair speaking Tamil is same way as a Sikh speaking Gujarati.

These film makers need to do some homework before putting themselves to ignominy.😆😆
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maya_M

</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>A Nair speaking Tamil is same way as a Sikh speaking Gujarati. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>These film makers need to do some homework before putting themselves to ignominy.[IMG=http://india-forums.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" height="17" width="17]LOL[/IMG][IMG=http://india-forums.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" height="17" width="17]LOL[/IMG]</DIV>

I have never seen a Sikh speaking gujarati? 😆 😆 Pakistaanis I have actually. quite a few of them.. but Sikh? dont get it. anyways, the director is shetty? isnt he from manglore? or something??? 😆
Antlers thumbnail

<P>It shows how ignorant are north indian directors while using south indian characters. For gods sake do your research. <BR>1. Nair is a malayali surname and has nothing to do with tamil. South india has 4 states and kerala is one of them.<BR>2. This is not in anyway related to how a traditional tamil/malayali women looks. By wearing a sari and a jhumka and a bhindiyou dont start looking like a traditional tamil. Man..this just irritates me.</P>

chill! he's south indian... and please do not generalize indians. because at the end of the day. they are all INDIANS!!!!!!!!
lavy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Agreed theatre...They are all indians. But would they accept it when you show a pagdi sardar speaking bihari in a south indian movie? Its pretty much the same here. When you take a movie, the least you expect is people spend time on authenticity research.
This content was originally posted by: Theatre

I have never seen a Sikh speaking gujarati? 😆 😆 Pakistaanis I have actually. quite a few of them.. but Sikh? dont get it. anyways, the director is shetty? isnt he from manglore? or something??? 😆

Viks, It is as hilarious as that. A Nair speaking traditional Tamil is as funny as a Patel speaking traditional Tamil. Both shows ignorance. It doesn't matter who the director is...Shetty or Patel! he needs to do his homework before this kind of mistakes.

We all take so much pride in calling ourselves Indians but never care to know about each state's individual culture or language. It is easy to brand people as North Indians or South Indians or North-East Indians but it mostly shows our ignorance about Geography of our own country.
Edited by Maya_M - 15 years ago
Antlers thumbnail

Agreed theatre...They are all indians. But would they accept it when you show a pagdi sardar speaking bihari in a south indian movie? Its pretty much the same here. When you take a movie, the least you expect is people spend time on authenticity research.

lol it wouldn't matter because films aren't meant to take em seriously yaar... I mean I wouldn't mind a Rajshtani or Gujarati speaking Tamil in Tamil movies or any movies... their making fun of the regional characters... coming to regional directors. they always tend to promote their own culture... for some odd reasons. the only two filmmakers that are unbiased towards their regionalism would be SLB and Priyadarshan. 😃