Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: Maya_M

Viks, It is as hilarious as that. A Nair speaking traditional Tamil is as funny as a Patel speaking traditional Tamil. Both shows ignorance. It doesn't matter who the director is...Shetty or Patel! he needs to do his homework before this kind of mistakes.

We all take so much pride in calling ourselves Indians but never care to know about each state's individual culture or language. It is easy to brand people as North Indians or South Indians or North-East Indians but it mostly shows our ignorance about Geography of our own country.

true true. agreed. but if you notice all of them are always supporting each state and their pride. but would they not make a one Indian Film where they don't generalize Indians Into State. if you notice how Punjabi directors will never use south indian characters in their movies? isn't that a bit ignorance when it comes to films? it shows they only think India is ruled by ... well nvm. If I post it but than you know what I'm trying to say... but it don't matter to be because at the end of the day. I'm Indian no matter. it wouldn't matter if they don't use other type! of people from the states in their movies. because everything is divided.

I know Viks. I know what you meanπŸ˜›. Not just films but TV shows also. Isn't it hilarious that they show a traditional Gujarati family and then this elaborate Karva ChauthπŸ˜†? Half of the nation doesn't celebrate Karva Chauth. Since when have some of the state-wise festivals become national festivals?

Anyways, as Zulfi says paani daalo aur do what suits us.
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

I know Viks. I know what you mean[IMG=http://india-forums.com/smileys/smiley17.gif" height="17" width="17]Tongue[/IMG]. Not just films but TV shows also. Isn't it hilarious that they show a traditional Gujarati family and then this elaborate Karva Chauth[IMG=http://india-forums.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" height="17" width="17]LOL[/IMG]? Half of the nation doesn't celebrate Karva Chauth. Since when have some of the state-wise festivals become national festivals?

<DIV></DIV>Anyways, as Zulfi says paani daalo aur do what suits us.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† lol I seriously thought Karva Chauth was a Gujarati thing but damn I was always wrong. I have only noticed Punjabi's doing Karva Chauth. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† oh wait... I should've known before since I don't think anyone in my family does it πŸ˜†

I agree with you Mayaji. your always right
I ain't a south indian but i totally empathize

Majority of Indian movie makers and fans are so ignorant when it comes to various cultures of their OWN FRIKKIN COUNTRY and then they complain about Hollywood movies showing Indians in bad light and stereotyping them, how about doing some introspection on their own movies...ARGH

I am sick and tired of how they portray minorities in Indian movies, they have absolutely no respect to anyone outside of the  mainstream population..

They never do any research on anything, and then they use the same old overused annoying excuse saying "well its a movie made to entertain, you leave your brain at home to watch this movie" WTF????

My brain is a major part of me and i can't just switch it off thank you very much