Mona Singh to act with Aamir Khan - Article

Posted: 15 years ago
Mona Singh to act with Aamir Khan

Mona Singh, who shot to fame as Jassi, has been signed on to play an important role in Rajkumar Hirani's 3 Idiots. The actress will be given a special track which doesn't even feature in the novel on which the Aamir Khan starrer is based.

"Yeah, I am doing Rajkumar Hirani's film. And I couldn't have hoped for a better birthday gift. What do I play? All I can tell you is, I don't play one of the idiots. I play the sayaani (wise) character, ha ha," says Mona, who celebrated her birthday recently.

But Mona says that while her film debut maybe prestigious, it did take time to get it.

"A couple of projects that were meant to happen never did. But I'm glad Rajkumar Hirani signed me. It's a fabulous role," says Singh.

Meanwhile, Mona is enjoying her stint on television as a dancer on Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena where she partners cricketer Harbhajan Singh.

"In fact, Bhajji was one of the first to wish me on my birthday. We've become very close buddies. I think it's the Punjabi connection. He has a reputation for being hotheaded. I've quite a temper myself. So we're fine with one another."

"I've almost become his choreographer. He completely depends on me to see him through," she adds.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081010_49

• Hill Road Media
  • Friday, October 10, 2008

• Posted: 15 years ago
    I am soooooooooooo happy for Mona. I hope she gets a good role so that she can show her real talent in Bollywood.
    Mona in an Aamir Khan movie!!! Now that I've got to see!!!😃
    Finallly our wait is over....hope she gets a fabulous role to play which she has been waiting for so long..
    ya i also read abt it-
    here the article
    I'm glad it is such a big film....but I won't celebrate till I actually see her role. Bollywood is famous for sidelining newcomers to make way for the big stars. With Kareena as the lead aleady, I hope Mona gets a decent role.
    Originally posted by blyton

I'm glad it is such a big film....but I won't celebrate till I actually see her role. Bollywood is famous for sidelining newcomers to make way for the big stars. With Kareena as the lead aleady, I hope Mona gets a decent role.

I agree...
    But then withKareena as lead....Mona has hope....!! 😉
    Mona will certainly be only female actor actually acting then. 😆😆

Originally posted by Nupur9

I agree...
    But then withKareena as lead....Mona has hope....!! 😉
    Mona will certainly be only female actor actually acting then. 😆😆

Aiyo!!! Mai toh Aamir aur Mona ke naam dekh kar ucchal rahi. I didn't realize Kareena ko bhi jhelna parega. What is Kareena doing in an Aamir Khan movie?????😕
    Originally posted by hansa

Aiyo!!! Mai toh Aamir aur Mona ke naam dekh kar ucchal rahi. I didn't realize Kareena ko bhi jhelna parega. What is Kareena doing in an Aamir Khan movie?????😕
    Trying to perfect Aamir with her prefect figure.....😆
    Btw This movie is an adaptation of the Book Five point someone....and kareena plays the female lead and supposedly they have even introduced a sister which was not there in the book which gonna be played by Mona singh!
    mona is such a over rated actress.she is pathetic.