''The Drona sequel will be made'' - Goldie Behl

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

''The Drona sequel will be made'' - Goldie Behl 

By Subhash K. Jha, October 8, 2008 - 12:39 IST

Shah Rukh and his son Aryan loved Drona. And Goldie Behl is relieved and happy. "It's important for children to enjoy Drona. I'm glad Aryan enjoyed it. I made the film for the child and the child at heart, not for those who like their cinema entertainment twisted and perverse."

In fact Goldie will now dedicate the Drona sequel to Shah Rukh's son and his own son Ranvir. It may or may not be the season of sequels. But it seems no power on earth will prevent Goldie Behl from doing a sequel to Drona.

In fact Abhishek Bachchan who's the only Indian actor to have done multiple sequels (Dhoom-Dhoom 2, Sarkar-Sarkar Raj) is most kicked by the idea of getting into the Drona togs once again. "It's a very interesting possibility. And taking the story forward is an idea that we've planted into the climax of the story. I don't see why we should change our minds. It's a new genre. There're no reference points to Drona in the audience's movie-viewing experience. Initially they were bound to be a bit confused, as we always are by something new. We were prepared for that'', says Abhishek, undeterred by some skeptical responses to Drona.

At the end of Drona, we're shown Drona's son (played by producer Shristhi Arya's son Veer) being tailed by the same supernatural powers as his father. The sequel, it is understood, will launch a new young actor as Abhishek's son and will carry the adventures of Drona into a new realm.

Says a source close to the project, "Goldie may take a break to make another film. But most probably he'll go to the sequel as the very next one. The story of the Drona-in-waiting has to be told. In fact Goldie has already written a major part of the script for the sequel. And will be casting soon."

Goldie Behl remains unwavering in his determination to direct a sequel. "As far as we're concerned, we've made a film that dares to go into an unexplored genre. Critics are all the time complaining about our films being borrowed from foreign sources. When I've attempted something original, why shouldn't I carry the story forward? Shah Rukh loved the film. He told me his son loved the film. My 3-year old son Ranvir saw the first film of his life at the premiere of Drona. And he couldn't take his eyes off the screen."

Goldie says he'll dedicate the Drona sequel to his son and Shah Rukh's son. "And all the children of our country who have to watch crime thrillers and sex comedies because fantasies not made in our country. No matter what the outcome of Drona at the box-office, the sequel will most certainly happen."

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2008/10/08/12004/index.html

Woooh so quick of a sequel ?????? all the best to thmm
lol the first one is a flop and they wanna make a sequal??? who would watch that.
the film is nothing new as mr goldie is gloating, it's a borrow idea of few hollywood classics, like mummy, harry potter, load of the rings all mixed and in to so called drona. the film is flop & i have never seen such a tacky movie. i think bollywood sould stick to song & dance, i didn't like any of there special effect movie so far. like koi mil gaya was cool but krrish a total horrid movie with tacky special effects & hrathik with that child mask looked like a clown more than a super hero. sequel to drona with junior ab please, i think abhishek needs to bring some changes to his personal style, acting & dancing. he looks so repetitive now days
Maha flop in making is to come.
thanks.

will be looking forward to part 2.
Drona sequel - just for SRK's son!

MUMBAI: Goldie Bhel's recently released fantasy adventure "Drona" didn't get an overwhelming response at the box office, but the director is happy with the fact that Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and his son Aryan loved the movie.

"It's important for children to enjoy 'Drona'. I'm glad Aryan enjoyed it. I made the  film for children, not for those who like their cinema entertainment twisted and  perverse," Behl said.

Behl is determined to make a sequel to "Drona" and says he will dedicate it to Shah Rukh's son and his son Ranvir. "And all the children of our country who have to watch crime thrillers and sex comedies because fantasies are not made in the country. No matter what the outcome of 'Drona' is at the box office, the sequel will most certainly happen."

Commenting upon the criticism, Behl said: "As far as we're concerned we've made a film that dares to go into an unexplored genre. Critics are all the time complaining about our films being borrowed from foreign sources.

"When I've attempted something original, why shouldn't I carry the story forward? Shah Rukh loved the film. He told me his son loved the film. My three-year-old son Ranvir saw the first film of his life at the premiere of 'Drona'. And he couldn't take his eyes off the screen."

Abhishek Bachchan, who played the title role in the movie, welcomes the idea of a sequel.

"It a very interesting possibility. And taking the story forward is an idea that we've planted into the climax of the story. I don't see why we should change our minds," said Abhishek who was seen in sequels like "Dhoom 2" and "Sarkar Raj". 

"It's a new genre. There're no reference points to 'Drona' in the audiences' movie-viewing experience. Initially, they were bound to be a bit confused, as we always are  by something new. We were prepared for that," said Abhishek. 

"At the end of the movie Drona's son, played by producer Shristhi Arya's son Veer, is being shown tailed by the same supernatural powers as his father. The sequel, it is understood, will launch a new young actor as Abhishek's son and will carry the adventures of Drona into a new realm.

"Goldie Behl may take a break to make another film. But most probably he'll go to the sequel as the very next one. The story of the Drona-in-waiting has to be told. In fact, Goldie has already written a major part of the script for the sequel and will be casting soon," said a source.

Its so stupid for the director to make a sequel of a flop movie ...what's did he think that by dedicating it to SRK's son, its wud be a success...but we never know maybe aryan will bring him lucks 😆