Nach Baliye 4

Audience, get ready for Jaspal Bhatti - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Audience, get ready for Jaspal Bhatti

The legendary comic Jaspal Bhatti and wife Savita may be the senior most couple on Nach Baliye this season but they're also the liveliest. We spoke to the Bhattis to find out how they were readying for the challenge.
Jaspal says: "I have never performed anywhere before this when I used to dance in college people used to wonder whether I was doing my dance steps or doing my usual comedy act. I thought if people can see Sunnyji and Dharamji dancing they will surely tolerate me too on this show. My condition is surely going to be Pappu can't dance sala: my pet name is Pappu."
"Jokes apart, Savita is very fond of dancing and she has been doing shows with me so I thought why not take part for her sake?" said gallant Jaspal, "So I took up this show as a challenge. My daughter Radhiya also influenced me, asking how could I not do such a nice show."

"Therefore I have decided that I will learn dancing, even though I am 50 years old," Jaspal said.

"I thought that I would be very difficult for me, but slowly I am getting the hang of it. People think that we are old artists and we have done films also so we must be good at dancing but that's not true."

Of course, when the Bhattis performed for the promotional shoot they were cheered loudest.

"It is always very encouraging when you get a 'once more!' for your performance - and not for your steps," Jaspal said, adding in explanation, and only half in jest: "Normally people tell me 'once more!' because I haven't done it right."

Savita adds: "All of our competitors are very young and nowadays all actors know dancing so for us we are competitors for each other. We really must depend on hard work; that is all. We took this decision through our mutual understanding: after so many years of marriage, you do not have to ask each other."

All couples went for a tarot reading before the show, did the Bhattis go as well? Savita says: "We are not spiritual as such but what Jaspal asked the tarot reader if, after our participation, whether Nach Baliye would have a fifth season or not!" ๐Ÿคฃ

Every Nach Baliye season has had a senior couple: Sachin and Surpiya Pilgaonkar in the first, Rasik and Ketki Dave in the second and Shakti and Shivangi Kapoor in the third. But none so far promises as much entertainment - and not just in the dancing - as the Bhattis.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, October 03, 2008

• Edited by niveditha - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aaliya-Rafa thumbnail
    lol Jaspal should be a laugh!
    Thanx for sharing.
    amz1990 thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
    lol he is a funny
    cant wait for nb4 now
    simran1285 thumbnail
    I am rooting for Bhatti's I love Jaspal have seen all of his movies he is a true entertainer...will be watching this show for the Bhatti's only

Chakde Jaspal and Savita Ji!!!!
    kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
    This content was originally posted by: niveditha

I thought if people can see Sunnyji and Dharamji dancing they will surely tolerate me too on this show. [/quote]

[quote]"It is always very encouraging when you get a 'once more!' for your performance - and not for your steps," Jaspal said, adding in explanation, and only half in jest: "Normally people tell me 'once more!' because I haven't done it right."

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† Love it.
    Edited by ftm_ca - 15 years ago
    Ranbirrocks thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
    This content was originally posted by: amreen1990

lol he is a funny

cant wait for nb4 now

๐Ÿค—

Amreen.....you are hiding here๐Ÿ˜†

Regarding the Bhattis...they are my favourite couples !!!!!! I don;t care if Pappu can dance or not, but I am sure we all are gonna have loads of fun when he is here๐Ÿ˜†
    11hypnotic11 thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
    i want mr and mrs bhatti to stay long for entertainment purpose. i am not expecting them to win but i just hope our public doesnt vote them out in the first or second week. JB is one extremely talented actor with great sense of humor (i still remember those old comedy shows on tv) i know they'll not be awesome in terms of dancing but i do hope to see more of them in nb4. we do need som fun element. (karishma kapoor and arjun rampal are not going to be funny judges that i am very sure.. farah khan can entertain with some of her funny remarks though)
    Jessuu thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

He is so funny and so sweet! Awwwwwwwwe! Hes gunna make the show๐Ÿ˜›

Wish him and savita ji all the best!

yipee thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
    ohhh they have such an amazing sense of humour๐Ÿ˜†