Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na

I am relieved! says dead Rameshwari - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
I am relieved! says dead Rameshwari

Aastha of Babul ka Aangan has lost her mother in the show. Rameshwari  of Rukmini fame died of trauma when she realized her younger daughter  had been raped.

So how come Rameshwari - who had a stint in Bollywood in the 70s with  films like Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaye - left? Wasn't this supposed  to be her comeback?"What comeback are you talking about?" Rameshwari said, "What kind of  a comeback was this? For a comeback you need to have a very strong  role. This show revolved completely around Babul. I don't know why I  was offered this character. Except for the first episode I was used as  a backdrop... I must say I am relieved now!"

Rameshwari said she was delighted to be out: "Ever since the show  started, I felt that was no role. It was very embarrassing for me to  do that character. I wanted to quit for a long time and I am glad it  has happened finally!"

Producer Ratna Sinha put a plot spin to her exit. "Rukmini's daughter  Shilpa (Itishree Singh) was raped and she got a heart attack of trauma  and dies", explained Ratna.Asked why it was necessary to kill Rukmini off, since she was said to  have an important part in the serial, Ratna said: "After Aastha's  marriage, the story's focus drove towards Shubh's family."

But Ratna admitted that Rameshwari wanted out. "She felt she didn't  have enough to continue further and wished to quit. So now her  character is dead."Rameshwari left the door open for an comeback - dead people in serials  never really die - but laid down a condition for that a very meaty  role."I don't think that will happen," said Ratna.

Rameshwari said she would soon be seen in another show. "Today I  agreed to a role which I think is a good character which has lots of  scope. But it's too early now," says Rameshwari not revealing much.

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, September 26, 2008

• Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eshaaax3. thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
     nice article thx for posting it, she does seem really eager to get out of bkacn.......
    CeruleanSky thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
    it is true that an actress of her calibre wouldnt want to stay like , as she says 'a backdrop'.....hah hah , what i find funny is tht she's extremely vocal about her disappointment!!!!
    trups thumbnail
    so much attitude.........I didnt know Rameshwari has so much attitude........
    Edited by trups - 15 years ago
    punjabihypnotic thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
    She should have thought about all that in the beginning. She may be relieved but poor astha and shubh! If only the mama was still alive in the show! LOL.
    miggie thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
    too bad she left, she is a very good actress btw how come her son and other daughter was not at there, i wonder what happen to them
    eshaaax3. thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
    ive benn wondering the same

i dont really care about vinay.. but where is chayya?? i miss her so much!!!!!!!!
    i guess they vanished inot thin air    =S

Sadia87 thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
    i completely hated her as a mother!! she had such a terrible role!
    Its good for her to finally leave and move on to better things!