*-*-* EKEH - Articles Archive *-*-*

thesaint148 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey Friends,

Please post all articles related to EKEH here.

Thanks.

Edited by thesaint148 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thesaint148 thumbnail

Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena on COLORS... 

< ="send_article.asp" method="post" name="4">
Email this Article [Hide]
From Email* < name="from" size="40" ="text"> *
Seperate multiple addresses with commas(,)
To Email* < name="to" size="40" ="text"> *
< name="c_" cols="32" rows="4">
  < name="Submit" value="Send Email Now!" ="submit"> < name="news_id" value="2640" ="">
As Men in Blue and their tinsel town partners get together in COLORS unique dance reality show, Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena,

It's the amalgamation of 'Men in Blue' with 'Beauties from Tinsel Town' as COLORS brings to you Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.

As the cricketers take to the dance floor with their 'Haseenas', here is Telly Buzz giving you details on the show.

Hosting the show is the elegant and talented lady, the National Award winner and finalist of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 2, Sandhya Mridul.

Moving to the contestants, 'Jassi' of Television, Mona Singh will be seen with Harbhajan Singh while the graceful Surveen Chawla is paired with Sreeshant. Shama Sikander is with Vinod Kambli, Dinesh Kartik is with Nigar Khan. Irfan Pathan will be seen shaking his leg with Ashima Bhalla while Nikhil Chopra is with Barkha Bisht.

And of course, judging the bundle of talents will be the Diva from Bollywood, Sushmita Sen and the Cricketer par excellence, Wasim Akram..

So get ready for the biggest m'lange of cricket and entertainment Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.. Edited by thesaint148 - 15 years ago
thesaint148 thumbnail

Colors to launch Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena on 26 Sept

Colors, the Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) from Viacom18 stable, is gearing up to launch a weekend prime time show, Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.

The cricket format show, a combination of cricket and glamour, will hit the TV screens on 26 September and will air every Friday and Saturday at 9 pm.

Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena will feature 'Indian cricketers with ladies from Indian television, to fight it out on the dance-floor'.

Colors CEO Rajesh Kamat says, 'Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena is another differentiated offering from Colors. Indian audiences have passion for cricket and dance both and nothing like bringing both the things together. The show will have a universal appeal across all demographics.'

Bollywood actress and former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen, along with former Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akram, will judge the show. The voting pattern will follow a 50:50 ratio for the jury and in studio audiences. The winner will get Rs 2.5 million cash prize.

The six teams are S Sreesanth with Surveen Chawla, Harbhajan Singh with Mona Singh, Irfan Pathan with Ashima Bhalla, Dinesh Karthik with Nigar Khan, Nikhil Chopra with Barkha Bisht and Vinod Kambli with Shama Sikander. Bollywood choreographer Pooni Verma is the 'dance-guru' of all the six teams.

Colors programming head Ashvini Yardi adds, 'We've all grown up idolising our cricketing heroes. I am sure that after Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena, we would be practicing their steps as well. It is a total fun show. The judging will be based on evolution of teams. Audience will see a major improvement in the dancing skills of the cricketers.'

The channel has roped in ICI Paints, Kohler, Parle Agro (Appy), Samsung and Hygenic Research Institute as associate sponsors for the show.

'So far we have five associate sponsors and are in talks with advertisers for title sponsorship. Though the rates are definitely at a premium, given the ratings and reach, we are providing a good deal to advertisers,' asserts Kamat.

As of now, the channel has 53 advertisers including Idea, Reliance ' ADAG, ITC, Emami, Airtel, Nestle, Max New York Life Insurance, Cadbury, LG, Samsung, LIC, Nokia, Hero Honda and Hewlett Packard among others.

The channel will kickstart the promotion campaign for the show by this weekend. The promos of the show are already on Colors and will be seen on 35 different channels including Network18 channels.

The channel has also roped in Big FM as radio sponsor for the show. 'As always, we will mark our presence everywhere - be it print, radio or television,' Kamat states.

Sandhaya Mridul will host the dance reality show. While the title track of the show has been composed by the Salim-Suleiman duo, it has been sung by Kunal Ganjawala.

Source: http://tvtoday.wordpress.com/2008/09/17/colors-to-launch-ek-khiladi-ek-haseena-on-26-sept/

Edited by thesaint148 - 15 years ago
thesaint148 thumbnail
Colors launches 'Ek Khiladi Ek Hasina'
Press Trust Of India / Mumbai September 21, 2008, 15:46 IST

Colors have launched India's first cricket-format show-'Ek Khiladi EK Haseena', which is a combination of two of India's biggest passion 'Cricket and Glamour'.       

The show will team up present day cricketing heroes with some of the most beautiful ladies from Indian Television to fight out not on the grass but on the dance-floor.        
Sushmita Sen and former captain of Pakistan cricket team Wasim Akram would judge the contestants.        

The show will be hosted by Sandhya Mridul and will be aired on Colors from Sept 26 every Friday ans Saturday at 9 pm.        

The unique cricket format show will feature S Sreesanth teamed with Surveen Chawla, Harbhajan with Mona Singh, Irfan Pathan with Ashima Bhalla, Dinesh Kartik with Nigar Khan, Nikhil Chopra with Barkha Bisht and Vinod Kambli with Shama Sikander.        

"Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena' is a unique concept and will not only attract cricket lovers but also showbiz fans. Working with Bhajji was fun," Said Mona.        

"The show is very different and they have managed to get present day cricketers to participate in the show. People will laugh when they see me dancing, said Bhajji.         "It was a very good experience and I enjoyed every moment with Mona," he added.         The winner of the show takes home a cash-prize of 25 lakh.

thesaint148 thumbnail
Cupid struck?
28 Sep 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Surveen & Sreesanth More Pics
The most difficult couple to crack, Sreesanth and Surveen, was the one with best chemistry both, onscreen as well as off-screen at the sets of Colors' all new weekend primetime extravaganza, Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.

A source who was present on the sets while the shooting was on told us, __LongTerm__ were very particular about their choice of songs and Surveen was extremely concerned about __LongTerm__ __LongTerm__ The source further adds, "Surveen was the only one who could handle Sree's short-tempered nature."

Initially, Surveen was seen really upset as her partner was the last to arrive and she got the least time for rehearsals, but with time, both shared a great chemistry.

Link to the article :
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Cupid_struck/articleshow/3533854.cms

Bowling maidens over!
27 Sep 2008, 0000 hrs IST, NICOLE DASTUR ,TNN

Ek Khiladi Ek Hasina, a potent combination of two of India's biggest passions cricket and glamour (TOI Photo)
We've seen them bowl us over, score centuries and take catches on the field.

Now, here's your chance to see six of India's cricketers try and bowl us over with their dance moves, score points week after week and catch the finale prize — the winner of the funkiest reality dance show yet, Ek Khiladi, Ek Hasina, which is on air on Colors.

Khiladis S Sreesanth, Harbhajan Singh, Dinesh Karthik, Irfan Pathan, Vinod Kambli and Nikhil Chopra will dance their way to your hearts along with their partners, their Hasinas — Surveen Chawla, Mona Singh, Gauhar Khan, Ashima Bhalla, Shama Sikander and Barkha Bisht. What's more, the six pairs will be judged by none other than the khiladiyon ke khiladi — bowling legend Wasim Akram, and the hot hasina Sushmita Sen!

On the sets of the show, there is non-stop energy flowing, as the six pairs practice hard to get their moves right. While Ashima believes her partner Irfan's strength lies in his "hundred per cent dedication", Shama admits she was surprised with her partner, Vinod Kambli's dancing skills. "We are known as the energetic jodi, the real entertainers," laughs Shama. Vinod, on his part, reveals he has a personal reason to take part in the show.

"You'll know that once you watch the show," he keeps us in suspense. Nikhil Chopra tells us that though he's having "great fun" dancing, he would think twice before participating in another reality show. "Since I know the other contestants, it's more masti-mazaa than competition," smiles Nikhil. His partner, Barkha, is all praises for the cricketers.

"I admire their guts to do something so different." But it's a two-way process. For the gals are getting their tuitions on cricket too. "I didn't know who I would be paired with. But when I saw Bhajji I said, 'Ok, I know him! Yahoo, Singh is King!'" Mona Singh laughs. Likewise, Bhajji (whose favourite step, not surprisingly, is the bhangda!) found 'Jassi' familiar.

Gauhar Khan tells us that Dinesh has taken the contest very seriously and has given it his 100 per cent. "In fact, all the boys have approached the contest with the same dedication they approach their team practice," says Gauhar. Dinesh, on the other hand, simply said the experience was "good fun."

And what do the judges have to say about this unique dance show? "It's wonderful to see our cricketers doing such a different kind of thing. It's also interesting to see the chemistry between the couples," says Sushmita, her excitement at judging such a show evident as she speaks.

While Sush is familiar with the jhatkas and matkas of Bollywood, this is a completely new experience for Wasim. But he's enjoying it just as much, in fact, you'll even get to see him dance in the special semi-final episode! "It's a very different show, lots of fun. And the icing on the cake is getting to sit next to Sushmita!" laughs Wasim.

And what about him taking to the stage for a special performance, was that as easy as taking wickets? "I've been a part of two World Cup finals and even then my heart didn't beat as fast as it did when I was on that stage!"

Link :http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Bowling_maidens_over/articleshow/3531409.cms

Courtesy: Michelle
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Mona Singh to act with Aamir Khan

Mona Singh, who shot to fame as Jassi, has been signed on to play an important role in Rajkumar Hirani's 3 Idiots. The actress will be given a special track which doesn't even feature in the novel on which the Aamir Khan starrer is based.

"Yeah, I am doing Rajkumar Hirani's film. And I couldn't have hoped for a better birthday gift. What do I play? All I can tell you is, I don't play one of the idiots. I play the sayaani (wise) character, ha ha," says Mona, who celebrated her birthday recently.

But Mona says that while her film debut maybe prestigious, it did take time to get it.

"A couple of projects that were meant to happen never did. But I'm glad Rajkumar Hirani signed me. It's a fabulous role," says Singh.

Meanwhile, Mona is enjoying her stint on television as a dancer on Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena where she partners cricketer Harbhajan Singh.

"In fact, Bhajji was one of the first to wish me on my birthday. We've become very close buddies. I think it's the Punjabi connection. He has a reputation for being hotheaded. I've quite a temper myself. So we're fine with one another."

"I've almost become his choreographer. He completely depends on me to see him through," she adds.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081010_49

• Hill Road Media
  • Friday, October 10, 2008

• thesaint148 thumbnail
    o wow thats awesome ... mona and Aamir .... perfectttt!!!!
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sandhya gears up to host reality show-Article

Reality shows hold a strong appeal for Sandhya Mridul. The actress was one of the the finalists of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, a dance reality show. And now she has signed up for Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena which will be aired on Colors, but this time she is playing the host. "The show brings together two of my most favorite activities, cricket and dance. How could I refuse? Besides, it would be fun to have Mona on the other side," she laughs.  "I am a talkative person and if it is my favourite topic, then there is no stopping me. So I told them don't give me a script. Just let me be on the stage, and party with those guys," says Sandhya.

The show has a unique format where TV actresses are paired up with cricketers. Couples include Harbhajan and Mona Singh, Sreesanth and Surveen Chawla, Vinod Kambli with Shama Sikander, Nigaar Z Khan and Dinesh Karthik, Irfaan Khan and Ashima Balla and Nikhil Chopra with Barkha Bisht. Sushmita Sen is the judge on the show along with former Pakistani captain Wasim Akram. The show is expected to go on air later this month.

www.deccan.com

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1041250

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

VHP, SGPC seek Bhajji's apology for Ravana act
    Ramesh Vinayak
    Chandigarh,  October 8, 2008

Indian spin-master Harbhajan Singh finds himself on a sticky wicket as his dance performance as Ravana on a television realty show has provoked strident street protests from the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) which joined the top Sikh clergy's demand for a public apology from 'Bhajji'.

Raising slogans and tearing posters of Harbhajan and television star Mona Singh, who played 'Sita' in her dance sequence with the cricketer, the VHP activists held a protest in the city on Wednesday and derided the Bhajji-Mona act of playing the Ramayana character as "blasphemous" and "outrageous" to the Hindu sentiments.

"Both have distorted the epic in the worst possible way as Ravana had kidnapped Sita, the wife of Rama, the legendry idol for the millions of the Hindus" said agitating VHP leaders of Chandigarh.

Ek Khiladi EK Hasina" height=290 alt="Harbhajan dancing with actress Mona Singh on the sets of Ek Khiladi EK Hasina" src="https://mediaservice.digitaltoday.in/indiatoday//images/stories//Anupam/081008084401_Bhajji-dancing_200.jpg" width=200>
    Harbhajan dancing with actress Mona Singh on the sets of Ek Khiladi EK Hasina

The VHP has threatened to lodge an FIR against both Harbhajan and Mona for "denigrating the Hindu religion" by their "ill-conceived act of mocking Sita".

The controversy has snowballed as the VHP's vociferous protest has come close on the heels of serious objections raised by the Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh to Harbhajan Singh, a Sikh, dressing like 'Ravana' in the television show.

"Harbhajan's disgusting act has not only hurt the Sikh community but also amounts to denigrating the epic characters of the Ramayana" said the Jathedar, asking Harbhajan to apologise publicly.

Meanwhile, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the apex Sikh religious body, has also reacted sharply to the indiscretion of  Harbhajan and Mona.

"It's unfortunate both of them belong to the Sikh families and have hurt the religious sensibilities of the Sikhs," said SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar, adding that they have crossed the line as the Sikhs never mock at their own religion or others.

https://indiatoday.digitaltoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&issueid=55&id=17101&Itemid=1&sectionid=4

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1054270