Nach Baliye 4

NB4 Articles Corner-No Comments

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to Nach Baliye 4.

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television so don't post articles from the above sites.

Kindly provide link to the article. Don't post any comments out here it would be deleted.

Regards,

IF Dev Team
Edited by *Shruti* - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Nach Baliye is back

After leaving the media and audiences guessing for weeks, the makers of Nach Baliye finally revealed the jodi's, who will be participating in the fourth season of the show.

However, when the announcement was made at 10 pm last night on Star Plus, the judges Farah Khan, Karishma Kapoor and the winners of the last season who will be hosting the show this season Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh were not introduced. Moreover the show may be roping in a young actor the third judge instead of following its usual practice of using a director.

The couples who will be dancing on the show are Jaspal Bhatti-Savita Bhatti, Sudeep Sahir-Avantika Sahir, Abhijeet Sawant-Shilpa Sawant, Karnvir Bohra-Teejay Bohra, Vineet Raina-Tanushree Kaushal, Mohit Mallik-Addite Shirwadkar, Mazhar Sayeed-Moulli Ganguly, Shaleen Bhanaut-Daljit Kaur, Reshmii Ghosh-Amit Gupta, Jatin Shah-Priya Bhatija, Naman Shaw-Megha Gupta, Kapil Nirmal-Anjali.

Sara Khan-Ali Merchant, who were expected to participate in Nach Baliye 4, will not be seen on the show. Sara was recently hospitalized because of viral fever and is just getting back to work.

Another possible jodi Shraddha Nigam-Karan Singh will now be participating in another dance show on a new channel.

Sports couples who were being considered Azharuddin and Sangeeta Bijlani, Kapil Dev and Romila Dev, boxing champ Vijayendra Singh and his girlfriend will not be on the show either.

The show will be aired from October 10 on Star Plus.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/September/News_20080927_137
Edited by *Shruti* - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

ASK ME ANYTHING

Article Rank 
< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
< name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Web/HTMumbai%5CPodcast%5C2008%5C09%5C29%5C8ELUuyiBq2XkDis91pJzZ3hU7rG4gbKb.mp3" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="Web/HTMumbaiPodcast200809298ELUuyiBq2XkDis91pJzZ3hU7rG4gbKb.mp3" width="240" height="40">
niveditha thumbnail
LOLO TO JUDGE NB 4!!
[29 Sep 2008]

Karisma Kapoor, the gorgeous babe of Kapoor clan, has been roped in to play the role of judge on the Star Plus' upcoming fourth season of dance reality show 'Nach Baliye 4'.

Sources say that initially Karisma was very reluctant to come on board as she was not prepared to disturb the schedule of her daughter Samaira, which remains her first priority. But when the channel and the producer agreed to adjust the shooting schedule in accordance with her family responsibilities, she could not say no to the offer.

Besides Karisma Kapoor, the ace director of bollywood Farah Khan will also be on the judges' panel. As Farah Khan, besides being a director, is also a choreographer, no other choreographer has been included in the panel, as was the case last time. Last time, the judges' panel had choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant, director David Dhawan and actor Ishaa Koppikar. This time the actor's slot has been allotted to Arjun Rampal.

The name of the contestants include Jaspal & Savita Bhatti, Sudeep & Ananika Sahil, Abhijeet & Shilpa Sawant, Karanvir Bohra & Teejay Sidhu, Vineet & Tanushree, Mohit & Aditi, Mazhar & Mouli, Shaleen & Daljit, Amit & Reshmi, Jatin & Priya, Naman & Megha, Kapil & Anjali. The fourth season of the show will be hosted by winners of the third season, i.e., Aamir Ali –Sanjeeda.

http://www.magnamags.com/magnamags/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3034&Itemid=231
niveditha thumbnail

Arjun Rampal, third judge in Nach Baliye 4...

Joining Farah Khan and Karisma Kapoor as Judge in Nach Baliye 4, is the 'Rock On' guitarist, Arjun Rampal...

shruti thumbnail

It takes two to tango

Karan Grover and Shraddha Nigam suddenly opted out of Nach Baliye 4. Karanvir Bohra and Teejay Sidhu have replaced the couple.

Vickey Lalwani

Karan Grover and Shraddha Nigam,  Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra

The stage was set for Nach Baliye 4. But Star Plus was in for a shock as their star jodi Karan Grover and Shraddha Nigam opted out at the last minute. The reason? Karan suddenly told Star Plus that he was not very confident of his dancing skills.

Karanvir Bohra and Teejay Sidhu have replaced Karan and Shraddha in the reality show.

A source said, "Karan looked uncomfortable from the beginning. He came very late for the Meet & Greet event, which was held for the contestants to get familiar with each other."

When contacted, Shraddha confirmed the news that they have  opted out. But, she gave a different reason for the same. "We did not have time for rehearsals. Karan is too busy these days which is why we opted out," she said.

When asked if they turned down the show because Karan is uncomfortable dancing, Shraddha said, "In fact, we hadn't confirmed our participation in the first place. It's true that Karan did come late for the Meet & Greet event, but that's because he was shooting. He has no problem dancing."

However, sources insist that the couple opted out as Karan wasn't too comfortable dancing on the reality show.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=12&contentid=20080930200809300220079964f4ca72e

niveditha thumbnail
Karishma to judge Nach Baliye 4

The question 'Who would be the third judge on Nach Baliye 4' was answered on Monday afternoon; and it turned out to be Karishma Kapoor.

The other two judges are Farah Khan, fresh from her bumper delivery, and Arjun Rampal. Farah, herself a fine dancer and a choreographer of quality before she became director, said Karishma could not be present because it was her wedding anniversary.

Farah said it was she who suggested that Arjun be made judge. "I have been following the show from its first season and when Farah asked to be join in I couldn't say no," Arjun said, "because she's promised that we'll have fun on the sets."

For her part, Farah said that she was ideal for judging NB-4: "I love reality shows and by now I've become a fully qualified reality show queen - this is my fifth reality show!" she said, "but I have been watching Nach-Baliye avidly. I am going to judge the performances on technique - and I am sure that nobody will question about me being here!"

All the couples present introduced themselves by shaking a leg and the loudest cheer was reserved for comic Jaspal Bhatti and his wife Savita. They even got shouts of encore.

A surprise entry is planned later in the show with a 13th couple, it was being rumoured that this would be Sara Khan and Ali Merchant.

niveditha thumbnail
Arjun's glad to be on 'No 1' show

Arjun Rampal, judge on Nach Baliye's fourth season along with Farah Khan and Karishma Kapoor, says the show is No 1 and that's why he's on it.

"It is a great, fun show," he said, "and it is a show which I have watched, it has entertained me. It has consistently been successful, so that shows that the team that is behind the scene is very strong team. They are number one and they are good at it."

Talking about how Farah convinced him for this show he says:" Actually she did not convince me. She told me that they would like you to come on the show. But I think channel was concerned about my reaction and how they should approach to me. So Farah called me and told me that they would like to meet you and we will have fun, think about it. I told her there is no need to think about it, I have seen the show and really enjoyed it. Let me see if my dates and check if everything works out. When I met them I was pretty convinced about that they are going to do it correctly and quality of the show will be good."

Of television he says:" I think it is a great medium, it has huge audience across India and that is one of the reasons. I do want to go and be more approachable and see the medium, which is so big, I want to understand it and will watch it closely. Also I have my own production company, which would be doing stuff for television. So I want to go and see what television media is all about."

So how would the judges decide who did what on the show?

"Every judge will take care of different aspects of performance," Arjun said, "Every person has their own likes and dislikes. So, all three of us will have different opinions. There would be some performances which Farah may not like but I would love. However the main criteria will be how the contestant's growth takes place through the season. I will also see the human side and relationships of people. Sometimes even nervousness or awkwardness can be charming. These things appeal to me because I look for real people."

Arjun was offered Bigg Boss's first season which he refused to do and after watching the second season he believes that it is not his cup of tea.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Tuesday, September 30, 2008

• niveditha thumbnail
    'Nach Baliye-4' returns, with more star-power!

by Meenakshi Shankar

Sep 30, 2008, Mumbai  

The iconic dance-reality show of Indian TV, 'Nach Baliye-4', will go on air from October 10, on Star Plus.

At a press conference in Mumbai, the details about the stars and the wannabes in the show were revealed. As usual, the producer of the show, Wizcraft has seen to it that it has an impressive dose of Bollywood power. The jury members include ace director Farha Khan, actor Arjun Rampal and Karisma Kapoor. Karisma, who was celebrating her fifth marriage anniversary with hubby Sanjay Kapoor, did not attend the press meet. But, both Farha and Arjun fielded questions from the media people.

Announcing the fourth season, Uday Shankar, CEO Star India Pvt Ltd said, "Season after season, 'Nach Baliye' has been the favoured destination for viewers across India. We are humbled by the adulation our audience has extended to the show and are pleased to offer them the latest season of the show, 'Nach Baliye-4'".

He added, "With every passing season, 'Nach Baliye' has endeared itself to the viewers with new, fresh elements and this season is no exception. With a refreshing line up of jodis and interesting variations, 'Nach Baliye-4' is set to add new dimensions to entertainment."

"This is my fifth reality show that I am judging and I am excited about it," said Farah Khan, who has lost considerable weight for the show. She said, "I have Karisma Kapoor and Arjun Rampal on either side. I cannot afford to look like a couch potato." Arjun Rampal, making his debut in TV, said, "TV is getting bigger by the day. I do not believe in herd mentality and I did not jump into the jury bandwagon because everyone was doing it. I am doing 'Nach Baliye' because it is the biggest show on TV and because the format excites me. I was approached by 'Bigg Boss' Season I but I chose to side-step it. But now, you cannot ignore TV. The connect with the masses is something that I am looking forward to. " And in a lighter vein, he added, "And this way, my mother can see more of me without cribbing."

The format of the show continues to be more or less along the same lines of what the earlier season was. The season will last 15 weeks. Each week, the performances by jodis are rated by the judges. Once their performance is over, voting lines would be open and viewers can vote for their favourite jodis. The first two weeks are non-elimination weeks and the third week onwards every Saturday there will be elimination on the show, wherein one jodi will be eliminated.

This year, the celeb list is an interesting mix. Here are the jodis:

1. Vineet V. Raina & Tanushree
    2 - Reshmi Ghosh & Amit Gupta
    3 - Karnvir Bohra & Teejay Sidhu
    4 - Naman Shaw & Megha Gupta
    5 - Kapil Nirmal & Anjali Abrol
    6 - Mohit Malik & Addite Shirwakar
    7 - Sudeep Sahir & Anantika Sahir
    8 - Moulli Ganguly & Mazher
    9 - Jaspal Bhatti & Savita Bhatti
    10- Jatin Shah & Priya Bathija
    11- Shaleen Bhanot & Daljit Kaur
    12- Abhijeet Sawant & Shilpa Abhijeet Sawant

All the twelve jodis showcased their brief 'jalwa', but an encore followed Jaspal and Savita Bhatti's performance. Grooving to a popular Bollywood number, the couple were a hit with the audience so much so that there was a unamious appeal for a repeat performance. So, would the statement Singh is King truly come true remains to be seen in Nach Baliye 4?
    niveditha thumbnail

Mouli Ganguly and Mazzhar succumb to reality show bug!
    by Meenakshi Shankar
    Sep 30, 2008, Mumbai

At our last tete-a-tete with Mouli Ganguly at the launch of Sony's new show, 'Aathva Vachan', she swore that she was not going to jump on to the reality show bandwagon. And when we saw her sizzle on the stage with her partner, Mazher, we cornered her to find out what has changed in between!

"Yes. I swore my dislike for reality shows as the shows on air had left a bitter taste. Infact, even now, when I am a part of 'Nach Baliye', I still feel a dread creeping into me. I know it may sound funny, but that is a fact."

At that point, we couldn't help but wonder loudly, wasn't life all about choices? Mazher chipped in and said, 'It is, but the production house assured us that things would indeed go our way." Mouli added, "This is the third time we have been approached and I guess, things just fell into place. I made it very clear that public displays of emotion and dramatics would not be in my package for the show. I would not be party to endless dramatics which are there just for raking in the TRPs."

So, is she confirming the rumours that ask the all important question – Are our reality shows scripted? " No…no…I am not saying anything of that nature. All I am saying is that there are some people who are comfortable with dramatics and some who are not. I belong to the league, which is not comfortable airing dirty laundry for all to see. I am an actress. But my acting skills come alive only where there is a script in front of me."

And like every man who abides by the golden rules for a peaceful relation, Mazher says, "Mouli is a fantastic dancer and she leads the show. I just follow her footsteps." Their sizzling performance has left the audience asking for more. Their chemistry had Farha Khan jocularly say, "Whoa…if this is just the starter, I am waiting to catch the main course."

It all began at 'Aathva Vachan', she says. "The little girl who plays my sister was the one who convinced me to do the show. Like they say, you need that extra nudge to have you rolling down the hill. Well, this little girl convinced me to be a part of 'Nach Baliye'." When asked about the tiring behind-the-scene grind for getting the right steps, Mouli says, "Both of us are going to draw the line. Because, we have other commitments. Mercifully, I am doing only 'Aathva Vachan' for Sony."

Before we said yes to the show, I had a long chat with Mazher. I wanted to ensure his go ahead for the show. He's the most chilled out character, it's only me you would see fuming and fretting.

Newbie reality dance show movers – Karan Vir and Teejay could prove to be tough competition to Mouli and Mazher. But the couple is not really nervous. Infact, they are rooting for Jaspal and Savita Bhatti who are one of the jodis. They are what make this show really special.

The first episode hasn't been canned as yet, but the couple is already working on their moves. Both of them enjoy dancing, but neither has learnt the art in a professional manner.

So, now that the reality show bug has bitten Mouli and her beau, is this the window for many more opportunities to come flying by in? Both the couple laugh and say, "Let us come alive out of the first one!"