Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: SwatiAgrawal

hey di ur all CGs are sooooooooooo cute dat only one commment for all Cgs is not sufficient....rly di...very very gr888888 job u hv done....just outstanding CGs.....

Aww, thank you so much Swati!🤗

And a big congrats for becoming Goldie dear!
watermist thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I love all your creations its lovely.  I am still new at using Photoshop CS 3 and have a lot to learn before perfecting certain things. When you have time would you make a siggie of Sita Vanvyas with where Deepika gives Arun Govil a farewell and decides to leave. I love the scene in which she takes a vow in front of her ancestors and does the pranam to arun govil. Its heart breaking but done very well. The confrontation with Lakshman is nice too.

Thanks For All Your Hard work.
DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Aww, thank you so much Swati!🤗
And a big congrats for becoming Goldie dear!

thank u di...thank u very very very much.....

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Some simplesiggies I made in my free time.😊

wowwwwwwwwwww di...again soooooooooo sweet creations.....rly very very sweet.....
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: watermist

I love all your creations its lovely.  I am still new at using Photoshop CS 3 and have a lot to learn before perfecting certain things. When you have time would you make a siggie of Sita Vanvyas with where Deepika gives Arun Govil a farewell and decides to leave. I love the scene in which she takes a vow in front of her ancestors and does the pranam to arun govil. Its heart breaking but done very well. The confrontation with Lakshman is nice too.

Thanks For All Your Hard work.

Thank you so much!🤗
I'll make the siggie as soon as I can.😳😊
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: SwatiAgrawal

wowwwwwwwwwww di...again soooooooooo sweet creations.....rly very very sweet.....

Thanks a lot Swati!🤗
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Articles on Swapnil Josh: Kush in Uttar Ramayan; enjoy! His comments about Uttar Ramayan are highlighted in red.

Swapnil Joshi
Transcript of LIVE INDIATIMES CHAT with TV actor, Swapnil Joshi at 12 noon on Tuesday, October 4, 2005 in Mumbai

Swapnil Joshi
TV actor

"Someday, I'd like to write and direct. And before the retirement, I want to own a restaurant, as I like the hospitality business"

Utsab_655 > Where did you spend your early days in life?
Swapnil Joshi > Bombay (now Mumbai) all through.

Divi > Hi Swapnil, how are you? I must say that you are doing a great job as an actor.
Swapnil Joshi > Thank you ...feels great!

Sadaf > We know very little about you, so tell us something about yourself - your family, educational qualification, where are you from and when is your birthday?
Swapnil Joshi > My family comprise of me, my parents and thousand odd friends, as they are family too. I was an introvert initially, and slowly coming to terms with the media. I am opening up as a person and I am trying to explore the other side of me, which is a very fun-loving (person) and larger than life. I have done my B.com from Sydehnam (Mumbai) College, Mumbai. And I am a qualified lawyer. My birthday is on 18 Oct. I am from Mumbai.

Rita > Read on a website that Salman and Shah Rukh are your idols. What do you like so much about them?
Swapnil Joshi > I like the energy that Shah Rukh has. He is another word for attitude on screen. He carries himself well. Salman is the perfect guy with looks and innocence on his face and the right kind of physique. He is the complete package.

Roy > You acted with Gracy Singh in Amaanat . How was it working with her and how does it feel now to see her as a film star? How was she to work with? Do you remember anything about her? Are you guys in touch with her?
Swapnil Joshi > Gracy was a brilliant actress even then and she has more than proved herself in films too. We had a great rapport, and I am very happy to say that I am doing a film with her. It's called Chanchal .

Munir_2 > Hi Swapnil, you act really well. You have worked with Hansika Motwani. What do you think about her? Give my regards to her.
Swapnil Joshi > I think she is brilliant. And the two of us get along very well. Hansika (the little kid, Tina in Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand ) is very fond of me and the feeling is mutual; she is very close to my heart. I will give your regards to her.

Chodiyan > Your boyish looks - have you ever found them to be a hindrance? In the sense that our audiences like macho heroes. Also, a lot of actresses out there look older than you.
Swapnil Joshi > That's an interesting observation. At times, yes, it is a hindrance but I feel that in the long run, it will benefit me because as a I grow older, I will still look younger than my age, which will give me more time to portray the lead. Also, I am working on my looks and come Oct 14, you will see a brand new me in the current serial - Harre Kaanch ki Choodiyan.

Mannie > Are you married? Seeing anyone?
Swapnil Joshi > Yes, I am married. And I am having a whirlwind affair with my wife.

Sadzaf > Whom are you closest to on the sets of Harre Kaanch Ki Choodiyan ?
Swapnil Joshi > I am the kind of person who gets along with everybody. So, being a professional, I feel it doesn't matter about being close to a person or the vice versa. But I do share a special bond with the director of the show, Rakesh Sarang.

Ssadzaf > What do you like to do in your free time? If you had not been an actor what would you be? Would you do a Balaji TV serial in the near future?
Swapnil Joshi > In my free time I listen to music, go for long drives and travel. Honestly, I would have been nobody if I was not an actor. I think I was born to act. If they (Balaji) offer me one, definitely yes (I would like to work with them).

Roli > You were a child artist in Ramanand Sagar's Uttar Ramayana . Most child artistes have never made it big, as adult actors? Are you aware of this? What do you think has worked in your favour, since you are quite liked by viewers.
Swapnil Joshi > Yes, I am aware of this. But I think the question itself is self-explanatory. It's you guys (viewers) who have made me what I am today, especially all my female fans, and I am blushing (at the thought)! I am only an exception as a child actor to have made it as an adult actor.

Mannie > Is your wife from the TV industry also? What is her name? What does she do? Is yours a love marriage? When did you get married?
Swapnil Joshi > Her name is Jui. It's a Marathi name for a (type of) flower. She is a dentist and we had a love marriage that I got arranged. We got married in Jan 2005.

Chikoo > Did you train in acting? Where did you learn to act so well?
Swapnil Joshi > None that I know of (smiles). I started acting ever since I started crying in the lap of the nurse (when I was born). I think acting just comes to me. To me, it is synonymous with breathing.

Bavarian > Being a Marathi, I have seen you act in a lot of Marathi serials. Which ones do like the most?
Swapnil Joshi > I am afraid that I have only acted in one Marathi serial called Adhuri Ek Kahani and I love my character in it. He is called "Yash."

Bheja > How did you get to act at such a young, as " Kush" in Uttar Ramayana ?
Swapnil Joshi > I think something's in life are just god send; they just happen. One day I just got a call from Dr. Ramanand Sagar's office (I was 9 years old). What I am still wondering is who sent my photos to him. When I asked him who sent my picture he said that he had 15,000 pictures, and couldn't remember which (picture) was sent to him and who had sent it .

Mona > Really liked your cool look (can't remember which TV show it was) in a show where you sport a dot like beard under the lower lip. Was it your idea or somebody suggested it to you?
Swapnil Joshi > It was in the show Desh Mein Nikla Hoga Chand . It was my idea and Aroonaji really liked the look so she lapped it up. Eventually the goatie (goat like beard) became my recognition point. Thanks for the compliment.

Kali > Are you doing any films? Do you think you will be accepted by the audience as a Hindi film hero?
Swapnil Joshi > Yes, I am doing a film called Chanchal . It should release early next year. As far as acceptance is concerned, I have immense faith in my fans and I know they will not let me down.

Timmy > How do you see your journey in this industry? What have you learnt and how have you grown? What more would you like to do?
Swapnil Joshi > My journey has been one roller-coaster ride. I have experienced all human emotions known, at just 27 years of age. Whatever I am today is because of this industry. I would like to do films. Someday, I would like to write and direct. And before I retire, I want to own a restaurant, as I am fond of the hospitality business.

Sign Off Message > Think before you act but once done, don't regret anything in life. Have a blast! Love, Swapnil

Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 15 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Swapnil and Purbi Joshi crowned Mr and Ms Television

Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 18:15 [IST]
The very unique reality show on Sony Entertainment Television, Mr and Ms Television drew to a close with the first ever Mr and Ms TV walking away with all the applause. Yes, you guessed it right, the very versatile and flamboyant Swapnil Joshi and the extremely talented Purbi Joshi were declared as the Mr and Ms Television on Sunday in a closely fought finale, with the co-finalists Jasveer Kaur and Karan Wahi giving them a tough time.

All-rounders in all sense, Swapnil and Purbi gave power-packed performances and though the buzz around was that the young lad Karan Wahi should have been crowned as Champion, Swapnil got the edge over him as he was the judges' favorite from day one. Here's wishing Television's first couple, Swapnil and Purbi all the very best!!!

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Lalitha

I'm responding to the question from the Doubts & Discussions thread here, if it's okay.

Did you watch Old Ramayan when it was first telecast? How wasthe experience watchingthe first mythological serial ever to be made?

At the time, although I was familiar and interested in the Ramayan, I was less interested in the serial, since my interest at that time was from the ACKs, and less philosophical. I didn't watch the serial then until episode 50 (I think Vibhishan's joining Rama), and from there on, I watched it till the end. For the Uttarkand part of the stretch, I watched it from the Ashwamedha yagna, when Luv captured the horse - didn't watch it at all till then, and watched it until their union with Kaushalya.

What was the experience like? Okay! One thing - none of us in the family liked Dipika's portrayal of Sita - all of us felt that she was too weepy (even though she most of the time had a good reason for it) and too much of a doormat (granted, we were looking at her through modern, rather than ancient lenses, and not factoring in her pativrata role). As for Arun Govil, I thought he was too preachy, and somehow, it didn't strike me as a character profile of Rama. Now this was and is my interpretation, but Rama was supposed to have been the resurrector of the Kshatriya dharm, after Parashuram had eviscerated 21 generations of Kshatriyas. Somehow, the way Lakshman acted (say, like when he faught Darook and Indrajit) was more 'Kshatriya-esque' to me then Arun Govil constantly talking like Rajiv Gandhi (something I confess I found annoying). I do feel bad for him at times that his role here stunted his larger career and typecast him for mytho movies and serials, but I think portraying Rama as this overly preachy personality contributed heavily to that.

Ironically, my appreciation for the Ramayan increased as I watched BRC's junk that followed. A lot of my friends preferred the latter for its faster pace, better acting and more realistic weapons special effects, but I disagreed. For me, authenticity was #1, and if a serial didn't pass that, the rest was irrelevant. Even today, how many people are willing to gloss over HKMK's fiction and analyze it on its acting, special effects and pace of story?

At the time, since we were not familiar then with RCM and its variations w/ Valmiki, some of the things we saw then left us scratching our heads - like Hanuman meeting Bharat while fetching the mountain, or Indrajit, rather than Ravan, downing Lakshman with the Shakti. However, those deviations were few and far between, and since I didn't see Sita volunteering exile since I then didn't watch that part, that didn't strike me at the time. However, watching Mahabharat develop into a soap opera of endless bakwas from Shakuni, Vidura, Gandhari, Dhritarashtra and watching Kunti pimp herself to Gandhari and Dhritarashtra (which wasn't there in the original until the point that Dhritarashtra & Gandhari retired to the forest) left me so disgusted w/ BRC that I really appreciated Ramanand Sagar's work in retrospect. Yeah, the acting was ordinary (like the Vanaras getting down instead of falling when some major rakshasha warrior send missiles their way), but for me, if the authenticity of the story is suspect, I ignore the acting.

I watched some episodes renting DVDs 5 years ago, and watched the entire serial on YouTube 3 years ago when it first started getting posted (incidentally, the complete serial is in Sandeepvera's channel, as well as on Google Video). Needless to say, this time I appreciated it more, although my original criticisms of Arun Govil and Dipika remain. Note that I'm not a blanket critic of RS or a blanket supporter of AS - some of the things were shown better there, and some of them better here.

On YouTube, aside from the Ramayan, I happened to come across a lot of other mythology videos, particularly from Puranicfilms channel. That guy has a great collection. I like the mythological genre, just that I haven't seen a Mahabharat well made to date. Some day, I'd like to see a wall to wall serial made on the Mahabharat strictly adhering to the original story. As for the Ramayan, while both the Sagars were okay, I'd like to someday see a serial that only follows Valmiki and covers that one wall to wall as well (although I'd prefer if some stories, like Shambhuka and the talking Kalapathi of Kulanjar dog, which are said to be later additions, are excluded).

Note that the above observations aren't meant to offend anybody - I'm just reflecting on how I found the Ramayan in 1987, how I found it in 2006 and how I'm finding this serial today.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Is Purbi Swapnil's wife? Or am I just

Swapnil and Purbi Joshi crowned Mr and Ms Television

Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 18:15 [IST]