IMP: Food & Growth -Please help! read!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Dear members,

I have recently heard that for men under the age of 25 and woman under the age of 20 still have a slight chance of growing if they really put their mind to it and eat the right things and do certain exercises.

My cousin has recently turned 14 and is really worried about her height and wants to grow atleast a couple inches taller with only eating or exercising. She doesn't want to do surgery or take medication. She is 5ft 1 and I'm making this post on behalf of her.

I know this is a Food, Drinks and Recipes forum so I won't ask about the exercises she could do (I'm guessing yoga and stretching would be good for her) but could you tell me what foods or drinks she could take that may help her grow a bit more taller?

Please let me know what she should eat/drink, how many times a day/week,ect and when I may start seeing results as in an inche or something. You don't have the give me the exact answer for that but just approximatly when she'll see that these food/drinks are helping.

If possible are there any foods/drinks she should avoid that will stunt her growth. Are there certain foods/drinks she should take minimum of or not take at all?

Thank you so much! You'll help will really be appreciated. My cousin really needs help and i'd appreciate it so much if someone could find the answers to my questions.

God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Shikha aka Mrs. Malhotra/Malik😊
Edited by iluvTD* - 15 years ago
well... i suppose milk and fruits... plenty of water... fresh raw vegetables... eggs.... i think that's all
Originally posted by chhilt

well... i suppose milk and fruits... plenty of water... fresh raw vegetables... eggs.... i think that's all

Thank you so much and could you indicate how many of these foods/drinks I should take in a day and I may start seeing results? as in 1-2 inches.

Thank you once again,

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik
Originally posted by iluvTD*

Thank you so much and could you indicate how many of these foods/drinks I should take in a day and I may start seeing results? as in 1-2 inches.

Thank you once again,

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik

well, i don't know when you'll start seeing results... but here are the quantities...

Milk: 3 glasses a da
Water: 8-10 glasses a day
Fruits: Three to four each day
Raw vegetables: Three to four each day
Eggs: Not sure about this one
Originally posted by chhilt

well, i don't know when you'll start seeing results... but here are the quantities...

Milk: 3 glasses a da
Water: 8-10 glasses a day
Fruits: Three to four each day
Raw vegetables: Three to four each day
Eggs: Not sure about this one

ok thanks you so much! I really appreciate it.😊

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik
heyy.. lol.. am 13 n 5ft''1 n am increasing my height too, so this is wat i usually eat: veggies, milk, fruit, plenty ov water n milk as mentioned above.. also try to eat foods with plenty of vitamins, irron, protein, calcium and fibers and she will also have to avoid.. things such as..
chocolate, coffee, tea, coke, all these contain things related to caffein and it's really bad for the growth, i myself am a chocolate addict so i try my best to avoid it at all costs, one bar once in a while (1-2 weeks) is ok, but dnt have it evridai, it will stop your growth no matter how hard you try to grow, so i suggest not to have all the things i mentioned.
exercises, yes.. yoga.. and if not tht then good running and stretching for a good 30mins evridai no matter wat.. even if ur a little ill, cuz if you dnt do it continuasli then it woutn b regular.. but if your reli ill then dnt do it lol😆.. well.. i hope it helped..

x. Radhika
Edited by guju_angel - 15 years ago
Originally posted by guju_angel

heyy.. lol.. am 13 n 5ft''1 n am increasing my height too, so this is wat i usually eat: veggies, milk, fruit, plenty ov water n milk as mentioned above.. also try to eat foods with plenty of vitamins, irron, protein, calcium and fibers and she will also have to avoid.. things such as..
chocolate, coffee, tea, coke, all these contain things related to caffein and it's really bad for the growth, i myself am a chocolate addict so i try my best to avoid it at all costs, one bar once in a while (1-2 weeks) is ok, but dnt have it evridai, it will stop your growth no matter how hard you try to grow, so i suggest not to have all the things i mentioned.
exercises, yes.. yoga.. and if not tht then good running and stretching for a good 30mins evridai no matter wat.. even if ur a little ill, cuz if you dnt do it continuasli then it woutn b regular.. but if your reli ill then dnt do it lol😆.. well.. i hope it helped..

x. Radhika

Thanks so much for the tips! and uh oh..she drinks tea everyday! and has coke and chocolate sometimes. Well, i hope it still works for her!

Btw, how long have you been doing this for and have you seen any difference in your height?

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik😊
Originally posted by iluvTD*

Thanks so much for the tips! and uh oh..she drinks tea everyday! and has coke and chocolate sometimes. Well, i hope it still works for her!

Btw, how long have you been doing this for and have you seen any difference in your height?

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik😊

lol.. well.. i dnt know exacali tu b honest, cuz i naturally grow alot, per year i grow around 6cm to 8cm but i just do it to keep my growth evenly leveled, urm yes i should say that it works pretti well because i've been doing it for a year now and i've grown over 10cm in a year and i've actually grown abt 4cm in the past 3 or 4 months. But it actually depends on ur genes and all that how much you grow, i'm not reali worried abt it cuz evri1 in my family is tall so am bond to grow tall, but i do it just incase i dnt grow because you can't alwais depend on ur famili and genes lol😆.. and aniway.. girls grow untill the age of 20.. dnt get stuck on this 'oh girls onli grow untill theyr 16' because my sister's still remembers growing, she's 19 and  she's abt 5''8 lol so dnt worri😊
Originally posted by guju_angel

lol.. well.. i dnt know exacali tu b honest, cuz i naturally grow alot, per year i grow around 6cm to 8cm but i just do it to keep my growth evenly leveled, urm yes i should say that it works pretti well because i've been doing it for a year now and i've grown over 10cm in a year and i've actually grown abt 4cm in the past 3 or 4 months. But it actually depends on ur genes and all that how much you grow, i'm not reali worried abt it cuz evri1 in my family is tall so am bond to grow tall, but i do it just incase i dnt grow because you can't alwais depend on ur famili and genes lol😆.. and aniway.. girls grow untill the age of 20.. dnt get stuck on this 'oh girls onli grow untill theyr 16' because my sister's still remembers growing, she's 19 and  she's abt 5''8 lol so dnt worri😊

Oh ok thanks! You really helped a lot!!. Well, our family isn't that tall but you're lucky! God bless and take care!!

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik