•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Monty Sharma is a busy bee
By IANS
Aug 04, 2008, 09:47

Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) Monty Sharma, the composer who made it big with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Saawariya", has joined the league of successful music directors and is scoring music for 21 films.

"I'm composing for as many as 21 films - some will release this year and some will come out next year," Monty told us.

Monty, who is also judging the reality show "Voice Of India", added: "My days are really hectic as I have to do my regular work and judge the show. But, I have planned my days - five days for my work, one day for 'Voice of India' and one day for my wife."

Talking about the success of "Saawariya", he said: "Though 'Saawariya' gave me the fame and identity, I was working in the industry since a long time. After 'Saawariya', I have gained recognition and people have started taking me seriously. 'Saawariya' made a lot of difference in my life."

Trained under his grandfather Ram Prasad Sharma, Monty started working in the industry from the age of 15 as a keyboard player. His first film as a keyboard player was "Mr. India" under the legendary music director duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal.

"Music is in my blood as I come from a family of musicians. Pyarelalji is my uncle (father's elder brother). My father Anand Sharma was one of the best viola players of his times. My other uncle Gorukh Sharma was one of the best guitarists who played for most of the films including the famous track of 'Aashiqui'."

In spite of coming from a family of musicians, Monty's entry into Bollywood has not been easy. He had to wait for almost 20 years to get his first big break.

The 37-year-old composer has worked in various capacities in the music industry. From key board player to music arrangements, to background score, he has experienced every trait of the trade.

"I started as a key board player and then gradually shifted to music arrangements. I did the first arrangement for 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' and many other films followed later. I started background score with 'Shatranj', which starred Divya Bharati and went on to do the background score for many films including 'Black' and finally Sanjay chose me for 'Saawariya'."

"But the first composition that I did was for Sanjay's 'Bajirao Mastani', which was later shelved."

Monty wants to use new singers for his films and says there are a lot of talents which need to the tapped.

"The reality shows have introduced a huge number of talents. There are 800 films being made in Bollywood, so I think there is an ample scope for all of them."

Copyright 2008 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com
Looks like his karma used to be good for him to have so much work on handπŸ˜‰  Wonder why he is hell bent on spoiling his karma now on asvoiπŸ˜†
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Looks like his karma used to be good for him to have so much work on handπŸ˜‰  Wonder why he is hell bent on spoiling his karma now on asvoiπŸ˜†

When one is doing good in their career-life they don't think they have anything to worry about their Karma 😲 Judges are not worried about what type of Karma they are doing which might have some influence on their rest of the life or may be even next one πŸ˜‰

Ghamand me sub kuchh bhool jaate hai 😳
Originally posted by Dabulls23

When one is doing good in their career-life they don't think they have anything to worry about their Karma 😲 Judges are not worried about what type of Karma they are doing which might have some influence on their rest of the life or may be even next one πŸ˜‰

Ghamand me sub kuchh bhool jaate hai 😳

but they are worried about the karma of the contestants, afraid the contestants might attack at the wrong time and harm others πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by abhilasha2179

but they are worried about the karma of the contestants, afraid the contestants might attack at the wrong time and harm others πŸ˜‰

lol attack πŸ˜†