India’s pride-article(Prabhleen Sandhu)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
India's pride
Patriotic stars on three things that make us proud

Varun Badola:

1 What really sets us apart from the rest is that despite the economic development, our approach towards life hasn't changed. We still value our culture and traditions. You normally don't associate this with a developed country.

2 Corruption has multiplied with our progress. However, somehow our country still hangs in the balance. We've learnt to survive on relations rather than profession. A multi-racial country and yet we are still one.

3 I haven't checked the facts but I believe that over the years the brain drain has reduced. The best minds, who earlier settled abroad, are now returning to their nation.

Parul Chauhan:

1 Firstly, it will have to be Bidaai. (laughs)

2 Discrimination on grounds of colour has reduced. Plus, the increase in the number of girl students is something to be very proud of.

3 Abhinav Bindra. After all, he's the first Indian to win an individual gold medal at the Olympics. This truly is a great moment for all of us.

Kiran Kumar:

1 Firstly, it has to be Abhinav Bindra. He's won us the first individual gold medal at the Olympics.

2 The economic boom in the country

3 The rains! It's pouring all over the country so this will lead to more agricultural growth and also better electric supply.

Prabhleen Sandhu:

1 That we still value our traditions and other customs is something to be proud of.

2 The economic development. Unemployment has reduced over the years.

3 Lastly, India should be about Prabhleen Sandhu. Ah! I'm just kidding.

Karan Oberoi:

1 Firstly, we all should be proud of the fact that we are Indians.

2 Arguably we are the most intelligent people in the whole world.

3 Lastly, we should be proud of our traditions and values. We are very emotional people and still believe in the concept of a family. You don't find this in the western world.