Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

Vimarsh Roshan/Naveen - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Vimarsh Roshan on Food, Fitness & Lifestyle…
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jun 24, 2008, Bangalore

MY WORKOUT REGIME…
My workout regime is just about weights training where I work on two body parts each day. For the cold winter months, I stick with cardio. I don't use the treadmill but do a lot of running. So now you know the secret of my macho body.

MY HAPPINESS QUOTIENT…
It is very difficult to pin point one thing. It is a total thing where one has to adapt to balance the ups and downs of life. It is not a cakewalk but looking at it practically, the results will be fruitful.

MY DAILY DIET
I have my breakfast like a King - boiled eggs, sandwiches, parathas and a glass of fresh fruit juice followed with a protein shake…now do I sound like a kid, never mind (laughs).
My lunch is a la a Queen's fare. I usually have rotis with sabzis, sometimes chicken too. Then in the evening I again have my protein shake and have some light protein snack or even have fruits at times.

/>I dine like a pauper. I make it a point to have dinner before 8.00 and try to keep a gap of 2 hours before hitting the bed. But there are days, I cheat on my routine.

ON A RAINY DAY, MY IDEA OF A WORKOUT WOULD BE...
Why rainy day? Even storm or floods or any form of obstacle cannot stop me from hitting the gym. These conditions just make you lethargic but I only get motivated and push myself more and more at such times. It is a challenge and I love it.

MY IDEA OF RELAXATION...
There are two fronts to this. Firstly it is mental relaxation, which is about the attitude and learning to have a right balance by not letting the highs, and lows affect you. And secondly, there is the quotient of physical relaxation - where you rest and pamper yourself, which translates into no work and lazing around. Good music and some nice movies also keep me relaxed. I am also a travel freak but prefer to have my friends along while traveling but it is hard for everybody to have the free time at the same time. I also prefer my own company.

SIZE ZERO TO YOU IS...
A big No--No!! It doesn't appeal to me. May be it is popular internationally and closer home; the buzz is Kareena Kapoor's size zero. But give me a curvaceous, voluptuous woman any idea.

I CRAVE FOR...
What else will a guy crave for? Career, ambition, success… the rest will follow automatically.

A LIFESTYLE CHANGE I'M TRYING TO MAKE...
There are quite a few. I am looking at having some sport as a part of my regular activity. I used to play lot of sports in school but I don't find time for it now. I'm also trying to quit my smoking addiction. I'm not a chain smoker, but when you care for your body by being regular with your exercise and diet, why not push the last envelope too…