Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

From 'Lady Luck' to 'Lady Crook' - Vidya Balan

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
From 'Lady Luck' to 'Lady Crook' - Vidya Balan
By Webmaster, 8 August, 2008
From%20Lady%20Luck%20to%20Lady%20Crook%20-%20Vidya%20BalanWhether Bipasha Basu approves of it or not is yet to be seen, but Vidya Balan has signed a David Dhawan comedy, Hook Ya Crook with Bipasha's boyfriend John Abraham.

It seems Vidya has developed an affinity towards the comedy genre. Vishal Bhardwaj's Ishqya will mark Vidya's entry in the comedy arena and Hook Ya Crook will be her second.

In Ishqya, Vidya plays up the uncle Naseeruddin Shah against his nephew Arshad Warsi. Hook Ya Crook was to earlier star Telugu star Siddharth with Amrita Rao. But they were dropped and Vidya and John came on board.

After Salaam-e-Ishq, Vidya drops her sedate sari-clad image again for Hook Ya Crook. Says David, "I was recently watching Vidya in Parineeta and I think she is one of the most beautiful girls we've had in the industry. Just working with her would be a pleasure. She has such lovely eyes and a truly Indian face."

So is David casting Vidya because he needs a totally Indian face this time? He laughs off the question and says, "I would ask you to just wait and watch.

Hook Ya Crook is new territory for all of us. I have never worked with the film's writer Rensil D'Silva beforeā€¦ and this is the first time he is writing a comedy. Also, my son will assist me for the last time as he will then direct independently."
http://filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=6788
Hook Ya Crook goes on the floors from November 15.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thnx..
by the tittle ..the  movie seems funny
Be interesting to see her in comedy this was the film that amrita walked out of :(