Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Happy Birthday - Suresh Wadkar-ji

*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Today.. August 7th, is the birthday of the man with a different and really a divine voice...He may not have churned out a whole lot of songs but with the limited hit numbers he gave, he made a strong mark.....

I am talking about Suresh Wadkar. Today is his 54th birthday!!

Suresh ji started learning music at early age and was groomed as a classical singer. In 1976, he participated in Sur-Singar music competition which was judged my music composer Jaidev. Suresh-ji won the competition and was given break by Jaidev-ji in Gaman..the song was....."seene mein jalan".. Soon Ravindra Jain gave him opportunity to sing in Paheli..When Lata-ji heard Suresh-ji's unique voice, she was very impressed and she recommended him to many music directors like LP, KA, Khayyam....all of whom gave him opportunities.....and soon came one of his first big hits..'megha re megha re' from Pyasa Sawan, MD: LP. The turning point in his career turned out to be the big work he bagged for Raj Kapoor's Prem Rog (1982). LP used his voice for all 4 songs of Rishi Kapoor.. all of which turned out be hits and Suresh-ji then arrived in big way in Bollywood. I won't list his songs and let the members take over from here...

Besides wishing him do post your favorite Suresh Wadkar songs....what you like about him as a person, as a singer...his contribution to Hindi film and regional language music....

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Happy Birthday Sureshji.He is one my most favorite singers who has a unique voice.I don't think he has got his due in the hindi film industry.He is a simple person with a golden heart.My most favorite songs(list is endless just mentioning a few)

Chhod aaye hum woh galiyan-Maachis
Ae zindagi gale laga le-Sadma
Huzoor iss kadar-Masoom
Lagi aaj saawan ki-Chandni
Aur iss dil mein-Imaandar
Saanjh dhale gagan talle-Utsav
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
He is a singer whom I respect a lot. One of the best versatile singer now presently in the industry.

One of my favourites sung by him is - Tumse Milke Mujhe Ais Lagta hai Kyu from Naam Ghum Jayega.

All his songs in the film Machis are just too melodious. Chapa Chapa Charkha Chale is another favourite of mine.

Wish you a very long life Sureshji so that we get treated with more melodious songs from you!!!!!

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 15 years ago
advil thumbnail

Many Happy Returns Sureshji !

I love your songs.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Birthday Sureshji. I truly love your singing and hope you continue to sing for us in your Divine Voice.🥳May u have a Great Party and Fun.
Anuradha thumbnail
Happy Birthday Sureshji 😊 I wish that you sing more film songs and songs suitable for your genre where we can get to listen to you more.. May god give you all the happiness and success in life!!!
nidhi2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
happy bday suresh ji ...love ur songs too .... May God bless u
LeadOxide thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Happy Birthday to him
Rasny thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHURESH JI.
kiti_g thumbnail
Happy Birthday Sureshji! A great singer who like Mini said was not given his due in the Hindi film industry! He has contributed immensely to Marathi film songs and albums and let me see if i can dig out some of his Marathi songs!

@ Mini, a great list of songs you hv there

To add my favs --
Surmai shaam is tarah - Lekin
Aur kya Ehde wafa - Sunny
Tumse Milke - Parinda
mohobbat hain kya cheez - Prem Rog
Meri kismat mein tu nahi shayad - Prem Rog

The very popular bhajan in Marathi 'Omkar swaroopa' and the not so popular 'Vitthal aavri prem bhavo'