•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Iqbal on his next show
24 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST, DEEPALI DHINGRA ,TNN

Iqbal Khan (TOI photo)
" It looked like sabotage to me!"

You're playing a toughie in your new show Waaris...

Yes but I've always played a tough guy. You can't make me look cute! (laughs) But yes, it is a different kind of role and I'm very excited about playing it.

You will be seen playing a Don's son. Is it a negative character?

No, it's not a negative character. In fact, it's a very positive character. Shankar is a 'good' bad guy. He loves his family, worships his father and is madly in love with his wife. It's just that he is in a business that his family is in. They have all accepted it and are living with it. They do what they do. The only negative trait in him is that he has an anger problem. So if somebody else would probably have an argument, this guy would just pick up a gun and shoot!

Your show revolves around a mafia don who has two sons. Sounds familiar to the film Sarkar...

I think that's a co-incidence. I don't really see a major connect between this show and the film.

Your quit your last show Choona Hai Aasmaan. What was the reason?

I don't think the channel was interested in promoting the show. Even without promoting it, we managed to get in the TRPs and then they changed the time-slot. It looked like sabotage to me! The story track too changed. We didn't stick to the Air Force background. How can you have a show called Choona Hai Aasmaan without the Air Force background? Even at the beginning of the show, people had asked me what I would do if the story track changes and I had told them that I will quit the show.

So what if the story track for Waaris changes, would you stand by your statement?

If I'm promised a Mercedes and I'm given a Maruti, I won't drive it!

Now that reality shows are getting popular, would you like to participate in one?

I think reality shows are good to watch and maybe if I get a chance, I would host it. But I don't think I can participate in one because then there's too much of you in it and I'm not very comfortable with that.

How's married life with wife Sneha going?

Life is good. Sneha's teaching at a pre-nursery school and I'm getting to learn nursery rhymes that I've never heard of before. (smiles)

That might help you in future...

Inshallah!
fanx hes got a cute personality
aww, he's sweet. wish he didn't quit CHA though. can't wit for him to return to our tv screens
thankss for sharing