Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anuandavi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Mridzy

Hi you guys! 

I'm really sorry for not updating this - it's Christmas holidays the the kids are at home - so I got my hands full! School starts next week, so I am hoping to drop in an update or two for this story - please hang around, read, and shower your love for this story like y'all have so far! 

Thanks bunches! 🤗🤗

Mridz

Waiting for the update.. 

anuandavi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

When will u update... Waiting

Nikki_love thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Any chance of an update plsss

Annnnff1 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

This is a work of art, a complete masterpiece ❤❤❤

Humble request to please update us with this beautifully written ff. ❤❤❤

bluffmaster84 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This is so good...loved each and every word...kindly update asap

dmgsmailbox thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The update is great..loved your story…

Waiting for the next one..

Asya99 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Read the story loved it. Hope you update soon

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

okay you guys, firstly, Thank you so very much for being so interested in this story and for loving this one. All your love made me do this - I have updated this finally, and will post part 4 right away

PART 4 - Something old, Something new

Akshara yawned as the sun's rays filtered in. Squinting, she turned on her side, her eyes automatically going over to the other end of the room.

Her heart sank a little as she found him there on the sofa - his long legs resting on the arm rest of the sofa, one arm was hooked behind his head, the other lay loosely over his chest.

Sighing, she pushed the covers down and walked over to him.

It had been this way, everyday, since she got back from the hospital - everyday for the last 4 days, she had woken up to find him on the sofa. And it unnerved her - slightly.

She had come to accept that she remembered nothing of her past life, nothing except him. Not even their story, or anything related to their relationship.

How did they first meet?! How had their journey to love been? Did she feel the proverbial 'butterflies in the tummy' she had always read about?!

Was he a romantic?! Did he give her sweet surprises?! Was she a romantic at heart?!

She didn't know. But strangely, that didn't make her sad, she realised, as she knelt down beside him, careful not to make a noise.

She might not know much about him, but in the last 4 days she had come to know that Abhimanyu was a very light sleeper.

"Bachpan se" he had explained that night in the hospital -

"Abhi...."

"Haan. Haan Akshu, I'm here" The soft touch of his hands to her face woke her up. She opened her eyes slowly, blinking, as his face loomed into focus.

Dazed, she looked up at him, as he stroked her hair softly, "I'm here, kuch nahi hua hai. Please relax" he said softly, and as if someone had turned on a switch, she felt her whole being relax.

Managing a meek, but genuine smile, she nodded, trying to prop herself up.

"Kya kar rahi ho tum?" He admonished, on his feet before her befuddled brain could even process his question. Looping his arms around her shoulders and supporting her weight, he gently propped some pillows behind her back and eased her onto them.

Satisfied that she was ok, he sat back down, shaking his head.

Akshara grinned, "tum sote bhi ho ya nahi?" she asked lightly.

"I am a very light sleeper. Bachpan se" he answered, sitting back and a sending her a warm smile.

That smile landed directly in her heart, warming up her entire being like a mug of steaming hot chocolate on a cold winter morning.

Akshara sighed, life, however convoluted it was right now, was good . She grabbed Abhi's hand and pulled it to her lips for a quick kiss

That memory alone made Akshara blush and she tapped her head lightly,  berating herself for behaving like a giggly schoolgirl around her first crush. Shaking her head, she lifted her hand, placing it very lightly on his, hoping that he doesn't wake up.

As the early morning sunlight fell on Abhimanyu's face, highlighting his chiselled jaw, she found herself staring at the said jawline, wondering if this was how she had reacted when she'd first met him.

What made her fall in love with him? 

So she was married, and in love, but also, in a way, getting to know him just now - how weird was that?!

"yaar Akshu, kitni pyaari dikhthi ho tum subah subah" her husband said, in a sleepy low rumble, and she blushed again.

Damn, that voice needs to be banned 

Groggily, and without thinking, Abhimanyu lifted his hand. Without a word, he tucked her hair behind her ear, his thumb gently stroking her cheek.

"Abhi" she said, as if to stop him, but her eyes met his and they were telling him something entirely different. He smiled and turned around in the sofa, repositioning himself on his side, getting a good look of his beautiful wife -

his beautiful wife...

The epiphany that tumbled on him was instant. As if brandished by fire, Abhimanyu pulled his hand back and shot up from the sofa.  How could he have been so callous? How could he have let himself go, even for a second like that?

He wasn't looking at her, he could not - because he knew he had hurt her by jumping away from her like that now. "Abhi?" He knew that this time his name from her lips held a different meaning altogether - a question he could not answer.

So he didn't

But she wasn't giving up, she stepped closer, and grabbed his face in her hands, "Abhi...?" she urged, her voice breaking slightly. This time the question that was his name told him that he needed to answer, otherwise things would go out of hand and soon - given the precarious condition Akshu was in now.

There would be another time for berating himself, and that would come soon - but not now, he told himself. As he looked at Akshara, and the emotion her eyes held, he knew that he had messed up -  when he had let his guard down, but more so when he had tried to distance himself from her just now in the way he had. This was a tightrope he was walking, and if he didn't keep his balance, everything was going to come crashing down. 

But the problem was - he didn't know how, or even if he could.

Taking a deep breath, he looked at her - and damn everything, there were tears glistening at the corner of her eyes. And then he didn't stand a chance. At all.

"Akshu" he said, cupping her face in his hands, " I'm sorry. It's just - " and he broke off - just what? what was he going to say?

Akshara was very confused - she did not know what made her react the way she had. Maybe it was the way she felt absolutely bereft when he had jumped away like that. Maybe it was the way her life was now like that old wedding saying 'something old, something new'. Loving Abhimanyu was the only certainty in her life right now - as certain as needing oxygen to survive, and a thread connecting her to her old life, but everything else, including every little aspect of their relationship was new to her - something she would have to experience all over again.

As she looked into the eyes of the man she loved, she realised she was ready, "It's okay" she said softly. 

Those two words from her seemed to have lifted a huge burden off Abhimanyu's shoulders and he visibly relaxed. Wordlessly, he brushed her tears off and she did not know what made her do that, but she lifted her hand to gently tousle his hair.

He dodged her hand, "not the hair" he said, putting on a mock-cross expression.

"Oye!" she called out, trying to reach his hair again.

Eyes boring into hers, he swiftly caught her hand, "Oi" another low rumble and her insides tingled.

Yeah, it would all be okay.

*** To be continued ***

Author Notes - 

And once again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for constantly asking about this story, loving this story and being interested in this story even when updates have been irregular - you guys are the BEST!!! This part has been 6 months coming - and honestly I did not know where I was going with this, but I started writing and the words kind of flowed. I hope you all liked it.

Akshu's  "Abhi" thrice waale questions is absolutely inspired by the amazing Harshad Chopda and the magic he does with voice modulation and the oh so brilliant kyun.. scenes. :) If I was able to make you guys think of those scenes and get the tonal effect when reading, then I consider that a major success

I had included a quick kiss in the last 'oi' but thought it would be too much and Abhi would not do that, so that has been editing out - why am I giving this information, I don't know! *Shrugs*

Read, Review and please leave comments, will help me understand where to go from here and what to do next with this story.

Love

Mridz

Asya99 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thank you for the tag. Loved it.