Site Updates and Issues Discussion Thread #6 - Page 19

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by Minionite

Vijay these are great but just one thing - in the notifications all the badges show up with an extra 0 at the end - so instead of 365 it says 3650 and instead of 180 it says 1800.

Yes its a bug. We will be fixing it soon. 😊

Originally posted by vijay

Yes its a bug. We will be fixing it soon. 😊

In notifications it says ,300 my badge says 30 and m online for 75 days straight, so I am confused how the badges workπŸ˜…

Originally posted by oye_nakhrewaali

In notifications it says ,300 my badge says 30 and m online for 75 days straight, so I am confused how the badges workπŸ˜…

So far badges are for 30, 90 ,180 and 365 only. So you only would have got 30 badge for now. 

300 is a glitch, it was meant to say 30 πŸ˜†

We have fixed this issue. Kindly confirm if its showing properly now.

Yes. It shows without the added 0

Yep it shows correctly now. πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by priya185

Hi the streak badge is showing

It’s nice but why multiple badges show not just the highest one? It has hidden my other badges

Yea, why multiple badges for 30,90,300+ streak... Can't we just have one badge on our profile for highest no. of days' streak. For now it means when our streak breaks, we'll (those with 300+ days) be losing 3-4 badges at once instead of just one..πŸ˜’

Originally posted by Viswasruti

By adding a character's photo, the story is considered suggestive, not subjective; you have given a visual representation to your idea; however, if you add/tag the real person/actor, the story is considered subjective; you are directly stating that it is his story, which is a legally punishable offense! If you seek permission from that actor, it is fine, but how far it is possible for us to contact an actor for seeking permission?

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the legal implications, Viswasruti. I am not a legal expert or a resident of India, but I hope you will agree with these two points:

1. Use of a character's photo is generally tolerated, but use of an actor's photo from real life should be avoided. The character is owned by a creative project with which the actor has signed a contract, so the actor doesn't own the character's photo and it's not the actor's real life identity. Use of the character's photo for a fan fiction about that specific character may be considered fair use, similar to commentary or parody. The actor's real life photo, of course, is owned by the actor and represents the actor's identity, which should not be appropriated without consent. Fan fiction about a specific character shouldn't use the photo of any other character played by the same actor (e.g. in a music video or a modelling shoot) because it belongs to a different creative project.

2. If you receive permission from that actor, it is fine. Merely seeking permission and not getting a reply is not sufficient to justify using an actor's tag or real name in fan fiction.

Hi. Can we have a forum for Zee's new show-Pyar ka pehla naam Radha Mohan? Already on air since 1 week.

Thank you!

Edited by Ralulo - 1 years ago