Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Pranali looks really young - Page 5

ShivaShumbo thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
This content was originally posted by: UKGirl22

Can I give a slightly controversial view. It is not Oranali who is too young it is Harshad who is too old. 

Pranali and the actors playing Arohi, Kairav and Vanja need to be young. They are all early to late twenties and their great grandmother is still alive. The kids on the other side are also young and shown to be in their mid to late twenties. It’s just Harshad who looks like he is in his mid to late thirties and is supposed to be a guy in his late twenties. 
Let me also say that I think he is great in the role from an acting, hotness and chemistry with costar perspective. In every way except his age. He does not pass off as the same age as all the other young generation on the show.

That is because he is not the same age as all the young generation. There is a huge age gap between Abhi and Akshara. 

Abhi is an independent cardiac surgeon and you can't be that in your twenties. I mean, come on, I know everyone likes their leads in their twenties but we have to talk logic too no? 

Even if he started college course at 18, it's 5.5 years of MBBS (4.5 and 1 year internship), 3 years of MS and 3 years of MCh (And normally, people take 1 year each for entrance prep but since he is brilliant, we will skip that). So he is almost 30 by the time he finishes his education. And then there is 3-7 years of residency. Let's say he only needed 3 years because once again, he is brilliant. 

So he is 33 by the time he becomes an independent surgeon. And you don't become one of the top surgeons of India from day one. So let's add 3-4 years to that. (A normal human takes so much longer than that.)

Which puts him at 36-37 years old. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UKGirl22 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lonewolfnovels

That is because he is not the same age as all the young generation. There is a huge age gap between Abhi and Akshara. 

Abhi is an independent cardiac surgeon and you can't be that in your twenties. I mean, come on, I know everyone likes their leads in their twenties but we have to talk logic too no? 

Even if he started college course at 18, it's 5.5 years of MBBS (4.5 and 1 year internship), 3 years of MS and 3 years of MCh (And normally, people take 1 year each for entrance prep but since he is brilliant, we will skip that). So he is almost 30 by the time he finishes his education. And then there is 3-7 years of residency. Let's say he only needed 3 years because once again, he is brilliant. 

So he is 33 by the time he becomes an independent surgeon. And you don't become one of the top surgeons of India from day one. So let's add 3-4 years to that. (A normal human takes so much longer than that.)

Which puts him at 36-37 years old. 

Yes I totally agree that this is what would be the realistic age of a heart surgeon who is according to Harsh the most renowned heart surgeon in the city …. But my impression is that they are trying to portray him as being the same age as Vansh and Kairav and he doesn’t look and could not be if he is a renowned heart surgeon. It will make even less sense if Manjiri and Harsh are shown to have gotten married and had their kids after Anand and Mahima who are older! As I said I like him in the role but the seems to be a lack of logic. 

Edited by UKGirl22 - 2 years ago
hari15 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Yes I totally agree that this is what would be the realistic age of a heart surgeon who is according to Harsh the most renowned heart surgeon in the city …. But my impression is that they are trying to portray him as being the same age as Vansh and Kairav and he doesn’t look and could not be if he is a renowned heart surgeon. It will make even less sense if Manjiri and Harsh are shown to have gotten married and had their kids after Anand and Mahima who are older! As I said I like him in the role but the seems to be a lack of logic. 

Itv and logics don't go hand in hand dear. They are like train tracks. We just need to accept this logic. 😂

ShivaShumbo thumbnail

I am not surprised by Mahima and Anand's kids being younger because Mahima is career-oriented and would not have wanted kids during her studies or residency and stuff. 

And Akshu is 24-25 years ago and Kairav must have been at least 6-7 when she was born. So that puts him at 32-33.

And Abhi has mentioned that Kairav is younger than him in age.  

hari15 thumbnail

I am not surprised by Mahima and Anand's kids being younger because Mahima is career-oriented and would not have wanted kids during her studies or residency and stuff. 

And Akshu is 24-25 years ago and Kairav must have been at least 6-7 when she was born. So that puts him at 32-33.

And Abhi has mentioned that Kairav is younger than him in age.  

When did it happen yaar which episode. 

UKGirl22 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hari15

I hope there is some dialogue like that to explain but I only recall Akshu and he talking about her being younger. 

ShivaShumbo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hari15

Dhandhera episode when he comes to ask for Akshu's hand. He says he wanted to talk to elders so Kairav is like, "we will leave then."

And Abhi says, "You are younger than me in age but elder in relation."

hari15 thumbnail

Dhandhera episode when he comes to ask for Akshu's hand. He says he wanted to talk to elders so Kairav is like, "we will leave then."

And Abhi says, "You are younger than me in age but elder in relation."

Thank you yaar. I guess I missed it. 

Illuminatus. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Yes, I remember.. I think he said we are of the same age group but in relation you are my senior. 

Edited by Illuminatus. - 2 years ago
ItsmeAzra thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: borntorule12

Their age gap is only of 5-6 years as Abhimanyu clearly mentions in one episode to kairav that we are of the same age group( when he brings the proposal for Akshara and kairav vansh ask whether they should stay) When Akshara was born, kairav was 5-6 years old.

I think he was 10 when Akshu was born😆