Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by blue-ice.1

Do you know his major also?? just curious??

No I don’t. 

OK...I was just curious to know if he wanted to be a doctor like his Dad or may be some Arts or acting field being inspired by his mother or something totally unrelated to the parents.

Here's the guy they were talking about.  Look at the way he tosses veggies and whisks eggs. Does it look like he's never cooked before ? 

https://youtu.be/sAMGrUivaQk

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

I know what you are saying....but had the roles been reversed....the man would have been beaten black and blue for making his wife leave her hard earned career , her life and move to a whole another country because the husband wanted to live his dream....too bad...I am not a feminist and I can't think like one...If I am going to call a man selfish in a situation....I am going to call the woman the same....no extra brownie points for women....atleast not for powerful women like Madhuri Dixit....if the situation was reversed ..I would have called Dr Nene exactly the same....SELFISH and that is what Madhuri is in my eyes..

You don't have to be or think like a feminist for this one. It is just about giving fellow humans the benefit of the doubt. It's a humanitarian issue. 

Men have had their wives' support and sacrifice for their careers for eons without anyone raising a whisper. It's the reason why in the modern era some people may criticize a man for making their wife and kids move to a whole new country. 

But defacto blaming men for taking the woman for granted is wrong. I think you have to look at the whole context. In some situations, yes, the man is selfish and the woman doesn't have choices. But a good marriage is a fair partnership where both give and take, both give each other the opportunity to shine and carve a name for themselves. 

The Obamas are a good example. Michelle, Sasha, and Malia uprooted their life in Chicago to go live in DC. Michelle experienced some vile racist attacks, which she could have avoided if her husband was just a senator and she didn't have eyes on her as the first lady. But Obama wasn't selfish. He had a family who willingly and happily supported his political dreams. After his presidency, Obama has taken the backseat to give Michelle the spotlight for her books, book tours, and charity projects. And they do things together too like starting a production company. 

And it's not just in heterosexual couples. Chasten Buttiegeg took his husband's last name, moved to be with him, and has been a steadfast supporter of Pete's political ambitions. Pete isn't selfish. He has a husband who believes in him and is willing to make sacrifices for him.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because you believe men get unfairly criticized doesn't mean you should unfairly criticize women. Feminism or not, unfairly criticizing a person is just mean. You have to know the context before passing judgment on anyone. Another thing to consider is that maybe a sacrifice for one person may not be a big deal for another person. There are people who don't think twice about uprooting their whole lives and moving to a strange country where they don't even speak the language for love. So maybe it wasn't as big of a deal for Dr. Nene to go back to India. It's easy for American doctors to set up practice in India, not the other way around. He does have family in India and maybe that was his plan all along to come back home someday. 

It is possible that Madhuri is selfish? Yes. But we don't know the details of her marriage to make that call. Given that Dr. Nene seems happy and thriving it appears that he made some willing choices and has no regrets. 

I know that if your gut instinct tells you someone is selfish, it's not easy to ignore that. But hopefully, you can accept that perhaps we don't know if Madhuri is selfish or not. Call it Schrodinger's selfishness. The truth is in the box of marriage. We'll know if it ever gets unboxed. 

Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

Here's the guy they were talking about.  Look at the way he tosses veggies and whisks eggs. Does it look like he's never cooked before ? 

Also only pros can break eggs like that...with 1 hand...I still use both hands and still can't do it right...😆

Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

As someone who never cooked till my thirties and quite quickly became a self-taught great cook - I think it's believable that he's never actually cooked before. 

The egg breaking is impressive. I cannot do one-handed. But some kids learn the one-handed trick just by being mom's helper baking. 

Originally posted by return_to_hades

You don't have to be or think like a feminist for this one. It is just about giving fellow humans the benefit of the doubt. It's a humanitarian issue. 

Men have had their wives' support and sacrifice for their careers for eons without anyone raising a whisper. It's the reason why in the modern era some people may criticize a man for making their wife and kids move to a whole new country. 

But defacto blaming men for taking the woman for granted is wrong. I think you have to look at the whole context. In some situations, yes, the man is selfish and the woman doesn't have choices. But a good marriage is a fair partnership where both give and take, both give each other the opportunity to shine and carve a name for themselves. 

The Obamas are a good example. Michelle, Sasha, and Malia uprooted their life in Chicago to go live in DC. Michelle experienced some vile racist attacks, which she could have avoided if her husband was just a senator and she didn't have eyes on her as the first lady. But Obama wasn't selfish. He had a family who willingly and happily supported his political dreams. After his presidency, Obama has taken the backseat to give Michelle the spotlight for her books, book tours, and charity projects. And they do things together too like starting a production company. 

And it's not just in heterosexual couples. Chasten Buttiegeg took his husband's last name, moved to be with him, and has been a steadfast supporter of Pete's political ambitions. Pete isn't selfish. He has a husband who believes in him and is willing to make sacrifices for him.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because you believe men get unfairly criticized doesn't mean you should unfairly criticize women. Feminism or not, unfairly criticizing a person is just mean. You have to know the context before passing judgment on anyone. Another thing to consider is that maybe a sacrifice for one person may not be a big deal for another person. There are people who don't think twice about uprooting their whole lives and moving to a strange country where they don't even speak the language for love. So maybe it wasn't as big of a deal for Dr. Nene to go back to India. It's easy for American doctors to set up practice in India, not the other way around. He does have family in India and maybe that was his plan all along to come back home someday. 

It is possible that Madhuri is selfish? Yes. But we don't know the details of her marriage to make that call. Given that Dr. Nene seems happy and thriving it appears that he made some willing choices and has no regrets. 

I know that if your gut instinct tells you someone is selfish, it's not easy to ignore that. But hopefully, you can accept that perhaps we don't know if Madhuri is selfish or not. Call it Schrodinger's selfishness. The truth is in the box of marriage. We'll know if it ever gets unboxed. 

If you read my first comment...I said....she is selfish and that is my opinion.....Did I present it as a fact?.....from my perspective...from all that is visible to me with the naked eye....I feel that she is selfish.....just because Dr Nene seems cheerful doesn't mean that he didn't feel the pain of giving up his way of life....what is he supposed to do.....give up living....he adapted to his new life......Just because he made a decision.....to support his wife in her career and her dreams....makes him a nice person....doesn't mean that Madhuri is not selfish....that is how the marriages work.....people give up things they like to make the marriage work.....Dr Nene sacrificed here ...

Although if what people are saying that he doesn't have the license to practice medicine in USA..if that is true and if that is the reason why they moved to India....in that case my theory of Mads being selfish will bite the dust,,,,but till then this is what I feel..that she is selfish...